Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bobby Beathard in, Joe Jacoby snubbed HOF (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64075)

SFREDSKIN 02-04-2018 12:10 AM

Bobby Beathard in, Joe Jacoby snubbed HOF

Great to see Bobby Beathard being elected to the HOF, sad to see douchebag writers snub the best LT who teams emulate today, Joe Jacoby.

KI Skins Fan 02-04-2018 08:10 AM

Re: Bobby Beathard in, Joe Jacoby snubbed HOF

Bobby Beathard deserves the honor. He was a great GM.

I'm disappointed that Joe Jacoby didn't make it this time. I saw him play his entire career and he was truly a great player. He was a devastating run blocker and an outstanding pass protector. His battles against the great Lawrence Taylor were epic. I just don't understand why the HOF voters can't see the greatness of Big Jake's career, which I know to be true.

SolidSnake84 02-04-2018 09:45 AM

What really sucks now is that he most likely will never get in. This was the last time he was eligible as a modern era inductee, he now has to be considered for the seniors part, and there is such a back log of guys on there, that he probably never makes it. Very Sad.

MTK 02-04-2018 10:04 AM

Good for Bobby, well deserved.

I was also happy to see Moss and TO get in. It felt like TO was going to get screwed again.

MTK 02-04-2018 10:28 AM

You can’t have a conversation about the Hogs without talking about Jacoby. Grimm and Jacoby were definitely the top Hogs, JJ deserves it.

Giantone 02-04-2018 10:31 AM

I don't feel Urlacker should have made it. I feel he rode the coat tales of Butkus and Singletary . Not arguing he isn't good but not "first ballot" ,no way.

Giantone 02-04-2018 10:40 AM

[quote=MTK;1187825]You can’t have a conversation about the Hogs without talking about Jacoby. Grimm and Jacoby were definitely the top Hogs, JJ deserves it.[/quote]

Yes he does,even LT thinks so.

Interesting read from a few years ago.

[url=http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/01/09/jacoby-deserves-his-day-in-the-room/]Jacoby Deserves His Day in ‘The Room’ « CBS DC[/url]

(Credit: Mike Powell/Allsport)
Joe Jacoby, the standout left tackle of the Hogs during the Redskins’ glory days in the 1980s, will learn Thursday night whether he will finally become a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame for the first time.

Jacoby is concerned that there’s a mistaken impression that he was responsible for failing to block New York Giants Hall of Fame pass rusher Lawrence Taylor on the sack that ended Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann’s illustrious career on “Monday Night Football” in 1985. That play has become even more infamous since that’s how the 2009 Oscar-winning movie, “The Blind Side,” begins. Trouble is, Jacoby missed that game with a knee injury, giving Taylor a break.

“The hardest thing for me to deal with was that big, agile left tackle,” Taylor told author Michael Lewis in the book that led to the movie.

Taylor figured that if he couldn’t outmuscle Jacoby, he’d try to lure the 6-foot-7, 305-pound lineman into putting his hands up prematurely. If Jacoby did, Taylor would turn on the jets and aim for the quarterback.

In an email, Taylor called Jacoby, “a very tough player. We had such great battles. For a bigger guy, he was able to move so although I was more athletic, he could really hold his own. The Hogs were all excellent players, but certainly Joe and [Hall of Fame left guard] Russ Grimm were the anchors of that line. To do it for as long as he did on such a high level, it’s a surprise to me that he’s not in Canton already.”

skinsfan69 02-04-2018 10:50 AM

BB had some of the best drafts ever, as well as some of the best FA pickups. So well deserved and long overdue. I felt BB was more deserving than Jacoby.

MTK 02-04-2018 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=Giantone;1187826]I don't feel Urlacker should have made it. I feel he rode the coat tales of Butkus and Singletary . Not arguing he isn't good but not "first ballot" ,no way.[/QUOTE]

Urlacher was a bit of a surprise to me only since we knew Lewis was a lock. But ultimately he deserves it.

metalskins 02-05-2018 09:20 AM

Was a crime for Jacoby NOT to get in. Glad BB got in though! Man, I wished we had him back as a GM!

HailGreen28 02-05-2018 01:04 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;1187818]What really sucks now is that he most likely will never get in. This was the last time he was eligible as a modern era inductee, he now has to be considered for the seniors part, and there is such a back log of guys on there, that he probably never makes it. Very Sad.[/quote]

Ouch, that sucks. Jacoby deserves that kind of ovation Grimm got. Would be awesome if he got the kind of ovation Monk got.