Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WFT Vs Chargers Pre Game Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64861)

Chico23231 09-02-2021 12:10 PM

WFT Vs Chargers Pre Game Thread

That felt good to type.

So Samuels isn’t practicing in pads yet. This is starting to bother me.

I got the Chargers as a playoff team..will be an uphill battle

My bad…this should be moved over or deleted…pretty sure I was under the correct forum. Sorry for being a dope

sdskinsfan2001 09-02-2021 12:15 PM

Re: WFT Vs Chargers Pre Game Thread

[quote=Chico23231;1288789]That felt good to type.

So Samuels isn’t practicing in pads yet. This is starting to bother me.

I got the Chargers as a playoff team..will be an uphill battle[/quote]

Wrong forum lol. I don't like opening up at home, because it seems like we typically lose week 1. But I'm OK with it under Rivera. We really need to start out 2-0.

mredskins 09-02-2021 12:18 PM

Definitely a off topic decision, we are more a political group here.

MTK 09-02-2021 12:19 PM

Rookie mistake, c'mon chico lol

sdskinsfan2001 09-02-2021 12:23 PM

[quote=MTK;1288796]Rookie mistake, c'mon chico lol[/quote]

Amateur hour lol :spank:

CRedskinsRule 09-02-2021 12:32 PM

Given that it's the first game, not the 17th, this game will tell us a lot about a few aspects of our team right upfront:

1) Was the D good because we played scab QB's or were they building to a D that can shut down a top flight QB.
- proviso - Chargers come in with a new HC, OC, Offensive Line, with no preseason warmup. We should shut them down, at least 17pts or under

2) Is Scott Turner able to use the weapons and get off to a fast start in a game, or will we continue the 1st quarter struggles.
- proviso - Chargers Defense was 9th in passing and 18th in rushing last year but they get Derwin James back. Should be a stout defense.

3) Will Fedex give Ron Rivera's team any type of home field advantage.
- note - the WFT was probably the team most helped by COVID's empty stadium policy, because not only did it mean no opposing fans filling it up, the team also took the year to make an almost impossible huge rebuild of the quality and integrity of the FO and expectation of the fanbase. But the team needs to go forward early and not backward.

CRedskinsRule 09-02-2021 12:34 PM

[quote=MTK;1288796]Rookie mistake, c'mon chico lol[/quote]

I blame no preseason game threads.

Chico23231 09-02-2021 12:49 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1288805]I blame no preseason game threads.[/quote]

Winner

GridIron26 09-02-2021 12:58 PM

Because we have Dyami Brown, I'm not too concerned about Samuels. I know both are different type of players but Brown has shown he can play and I'm confident he will help the team if Samuels cannot play.

CRedskinsRule 09-02-2021 01:54 PM

Interesting article on qb play and EPA stats.

How one NFL advanced statistic is going mainstream
[url]https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2193857[/url]

Spoiler alert Fitz comes out looking magical compared to Herbert.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chief X_Phackter 09-02-2021 04:11 PM

Chargers were top 10 in both offense and defense last year. You never know what to expect with a new coaching staff, but personnel wise I don't see that they lost much; probably got better actually.

They have to travel to the opposite coast, and their starters haven't seen much if any game action yet. For me, the slight edge goes to WFT for being home, but that slight edge is good for a close loss due to two missed field goals.

19-17 Chargers

CRedskinsRule 09-02-2021 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1288830]Chargers were top 10 in both offense and defense last year. You never know what to expect with a new coaching staff, but personnel wise I don't see that they lost much; probably got better actually.

They have to travel to the opposite coast, and their starters haven't seen much if any game action yet. For me, the slight edge goes to WFT for being home, but that slight edge is good for a close loss due to two missed field goals.

19-17 Chargers[/QUOTE]Their offense was 18th in points per game, with a 0 game against NE. Their defense was 23rd in points per game.

Saying they were top 10 on both is true in total yardage, but a bit generous in how they actually impacted a game. They were 9th in offense yards and 10th in defense yards.

It should be a good test for where the WFT is at but we should be the better team.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Burgold 09-02-2021 05:36 PM

I feel good about this season, we should win the East again, Dak can't play defense for Dallas, Philly's not ready and so far the Giants QB is regressing, if we keep our feet on the gas we should be ok.

Chief X_Phackter 09-02-2021 05:48 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1288831]Their offense was 18th in points per game, with a 0 game against NE. Their defense was 23rd in points per game.

Saying they were top 10 on both is true in total yardage, but a bit generous in how they actually impacted a game. They were 9th in offense yards and 10th in defense yards.

It should be a good test for where the WFT is at but we should be the better team.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

I was feeling generous.

punch it in 09-02-2021 08:04 PM

Wait is pre game thread the same as prediction thread? I forget. Whatever,….

Us 29
Them 10

Hopkins goes 5 for 5