Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RAMS Postgame (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64710)

skinsfaninok 10-11-2020 04:19 PM

RAMS Postgame

I watched until Half.. Happy that Alex got some reps.. What a TOUGH SOB.

This team is really really bad, maybe the worst team I can remember.

I just want to tank for Trevor at this point. Go 1-15

sdskinsfan2001 10-11-2020 04:22 PM

Re: RAMS Postgame

This is one of the more embarrassing performances of recent memory.

An absolute fucking embarrassment. We are just a garbage ass football team. Will be picking in the top 3 again.

Watch your Lawrence, Fields, Lance highlights. 1 of them will be our QB next year.

skinsfaninok 10-11-2020 04:24 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1262073]This is one of the more embarrassing performances of recent memory.

An absolute fucking embarrassment. We are just a garbage ass football team. Will be picking in the top 3 again.

Watch your Lawrence, Fields, Lance highlights. 1 of them will be our QB next year.[/quote]

Yeah man, we will not win more than 2 games.

Unfortunately we need ATL and NYJ to start winning a few

sdskinsfan2001 10-11-2020 04:24 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1262072]I watched until Half.. Happy that Alex got some reps.. What a TOUGH SOB.

This team is really really bad, maybe the worst team I can remember.

I just want to tank for Trevor at this point. Go 1-15[/quote]

We don't need to tank, we fucking suck. Don't have to do anything besides play standard WFT football.

skinsfaninok 10-11-2020 04:26 PM

This team needs a new QB and new name.. It's a legit REBUILD

sdskinsfan2001 10-11-2020 04:27 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1262075]Yeah man, we will not win more than 2 games.

Unfortunately we need ATL and NYJ to start winning a few[/quote]

Matt Ryan has turned into a pumpkin the last couple weeks.

mooby 10-11-2020 04:29 PM

Here's the highlights:

Actually, I meant to say "here's where the highlights would go, if there were any to share."

Just click your heels 3 times and say

"we're rebuilding"

"we're rebuilding"

"we're rebuilding"

Once Haskins is shipped out maybe we can get that Dan Snyder loser stink out of the building too. Although every time this happens I believe a little more that this team will never be successful as long as he owns it.

Shoutouts: Tress Way, Kendall Fuller, Montez Sweat with the hustle on the rundown, Terry Mac and of course Alex Smith for successfully making it back to the field against insane odds.

Callouts: The entire offensive line. Not gonna single anybody out because Aaron Donald was a buzzsaw that simultaneously slaughtered everybody he went up against, including Team LVP Wes Martin (poor Wes, you're probably gonna be sacrificed to the football gods when Scherff gets back). It's not Wes' fault he had to matchup with the most feared defensive lineman since JJ Watt in his heydey.

As my friend said: This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets a very moveable object.

Personal shoutout to Alex Smith. I was holding my breath when he was giving Aaron Donald a piggyback ride, but if he can handle that he can definitely handle the rigors of the position. Hopefully this week was a warmup for him to shake the rust and we can play a competitive game next week (while also keeping the score closer than 10 points for the first time in 8 weeks).

Congrats to him for being the first quarterback that I know of to successfully come back from a broken leg where the bone was exposed through the skin.

mooby 10-11-2020 04:32 PM

While we're on the subject:

How many teams that successfully tanked for a high draft pick won the Super Bowl in the last 2 decades?

Because that's the goal. We shouldn't tank because it's a proven unsuccessful team building strategy. If we suck, we suck. But you don't teach your guys not to go all out on the field. It's not successful, period. You really think Ron Rivera's character would allow him to just give up on the season? That's the literal opposite of the culture he's trying to build. Honestly, this tanking talk is ridiculous.

Grab a veteran in the offseason, let him hold down the fort while we build up the roster everywhere else. Then get the qb you want. Don't be forced to take a qb because that's when wasted draft picks happen. Fresh example: Dwayne Haskins. He was a perfect circumstance of "this team really needs a qb" and Dan Snyder falling in love with his highlights.

SolidSnake84 10-11-2020 04:38 PM

[quote=mooby;1262083]While we're on the subject:

How many teams that successfully tanked for a high draft pick won the Super Bowl in the last 2 decades?

Because that's the goal. We shouldn't tank because it's a proven unsuccessful team building strategy. If we suck, we suck. But you don't teach your guys not to go all out on the field. It's not successful, period. You really think Ron Rivera's character would allow him to just give up on the season? That's the literal opposite of the culture he's trying to build. Honestly, this tanking talk is ridiculous.

Grab a veteran in the offseason, let him hold down the fort while we build up the roster everywhere else. Then get the qb you want. Don't be forced to take a qb because that's when wasted draft picks happen. Fresh example: Dwayne Haskins. He was a perfect circumstance of "this team really needs a qb" and Dan Snyder falling in love with his highlights.[/quote]

You say grab a veteran QB in the offseason, what is wrong with using Alex Smith for 1 or 2 more seasons? He would be 38 years old during the 2022 season, unless perhaps Alex Smith might not re-sign here, and he goes elsewhere? Or do you just mean a cheaper veteran option that Smith would likely be?

punch it in 10-11-2020 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1262075]Yeah man, we will not win more than 2 games.

Unfortunately we need ATL and NYJ to start winning a few[/QUOTE]

A few? Id say like one. I dont think it is possible for us to win another game. Our D gives up 30 plus every week. You watch the absolutely anemic Giants offense will put up 30. But the bottom line is that our offense is thee worst in the league and it isnít really close. Any offense out there can out score us. We literally have a wr and a sort of weapon in Gibson. Absolutely no O line. No quarterback. No TE. No Run game. No other wrís besides Terry.

skinsfan69 10-11-2020 04:55 PM

the only team we may be better than is the jets.

mooby 10-11-2020 04:57 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;1262085]You say grab a veteran QB in the offseason, what is wrong with using Alex Smith for 1 or 2 more seasons? He would be 38 years old during the 2022 season, unless perhaps Alex Smith might not re-sign here, and he goes elsewhere? Or do you just mean a cheaper veteran option that Smith would likely be?[/quote]

Because even when the rain isn't making it tough to play and he's shaken the rust off from 2 years of leg rehab, I'm not convinced that a 37-38yo qb can still be good enough to lead a team. Sure, if he returns to the form he was in his Chiefs days I'd be happy to bring him back. But we're a long way from there.

Chico23231 10-11-2020 05:00 PM

Team is an embarrassment.

skinsfan69 10-11-2020 05:50 PM

Forget Smith. Great comeback story but at best he is a back up. We need Fields or Lawrence. We need a game changer at QB. We have to draft someone and start him from day one.

Randall Nestor 10-11-2020 08:01 PM

As much as I liked Chase Young, I felt we should have traded down and get more starting caliber players. (assuming we had a good offer) Even if Chase turns out to be all pro he can't play but one position. We need a lot of help. People may not agree with me on this but it doesn't matter who we have a QB with the o-line that we have. You don't have a chance back there. How many times have we seen Gibson get a handoff with nowhere to go no push with the o-line. Our secondary will keep the d-line from getting sacks and possible turnovers because we can't cover the quick passing game. I think we are worse than last year. This is the second week that I didn't finish watching the game and that is odd for me. Very hard to watch these games.

skinsfaninok 10-11-2020 08:07 PM

Chase will be a great player for us but yes he plays a position like (Mack) that you can gameplan for, as you have seen with Mack his whole career his teams never have consistent QB play...

Giantone 10-11-2020 08:42 PM

Do to the rain I watched the whole game . The WFT defense is legit and that front might be the best in the league ,if they can keep healthy you have a shot. I think once Smith gets some more time with the first team O he will be good. They said Haskins had a stomach virus and stayed home ,wtf???

skinsfaninok 10-11-2020 09:08 PM

[quote=Giantone;1262129]Do to the rain I watched the whole game . The WFT defense is legit and that front might be the best in the league ,if they can keep healthy you have a shot. I think once Smith gets some more time with the first team O he will be good. They said Haskins had a stomach virus and stayed home ,wtf???[/quote]

Defense is far from legit man, front 4 is good.. LBers are suspect and the Safeties are the worst in the league besides Dallas.

Chico23231 10-11-2020 09:13 PM

From what I can tell, Landon Collins is the most overpaid player in the league....am I wrong?

DYoungJelly 10-11-2020 09:22 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1262134]From what I can tell, Landon Collins is the most overpaid player in the league....am I wrong?[/quote]

Yep, the entire back 7 is suspect. They are plugging people in at LB, CB and safety trying to find any combo that works.

Really really bad situation.

SolidSnake84 10-11-2020 09:27 PM

[quote=Giantone;1262129]Do to the rain I watched the whole game . The WFT defense is legit and that front might be the best in the league ,if they can keep healthy you have a shot. I think once Smith gets some more time with the first team O he will be good. They said Haskins had a stomach virus and stayed home ,wtf???[/quote]

Rivera in the post game said that Kyle Allen is the starter going forward. I do think at some point though we will see Alex again during the season...

Chico23231 10-11-2020 10:25 PM

So I didnít watch the game...traveling. But Alex Smith numbers in relief look god awful. What in gods name was he named 2nd QB? He looks done.

He shouldnít be on a team. I guess we rather have a good story than honest football decisions. Iíll say it, pus out if u chose

Ron Rivera has been disappointing so far.

As
@michaelpRTD
just pointed out: Washington had minus 6 yards net in the second half...

Pathetic, but great story I guess

skinsfaninok 10-11-2020 11:30 PM

The team only had 106 total yards , thatís the worst Iíve ever seen from this shitty Franchise. Absolutely pathetic.

EARTHQUAKE2689 10-11-2020 11:37 PM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1262135]Yep, the entire back 7 is suspect. They are plugging people in at LB, CB and safety trying to find any combo that works.

Really really bad situation.[/quote]

Kendall Fuller is a good corner. I 100% agree that Collins and Apke are terrible in coverage and tackling

VTSkins1961 10-11-2020 11:41 PM

We will have a top 3 pick. Truth be told i don't care who you put behind our o-line at QB because the O-line sucks. They will get killed. O-line not consistent on run blocking. We have 1 Great receiver but that is it.... D-Line is good but back 7 all need to be replaced.

PorkSkins 10-12-2020 12:50 AM

[quote=mooby;1262082] Although every time this happens I believe a little more that this team will never be successful as long as he owns it. [/quote]

Awwww, man! This is sort of where my mind is regarding this franchise. Unfortunately, a game like today only reinforced it. Today was a total embarrassment.

I know we're having O-line issues, but I have a keen sense Scott Turner isn't the man for the job.

PorkSkins 10-12-2020 12:55 AM

[quote=VTSkins1961;1262144]We will have a top 3 pick. Truth be told i don't care who you put behind our o-line at QB because the O-line sucks. They will get killed. O-line not consistent on run blocking. We have 1 Great receiver but that is it.... D-Line is good but back 7 all need to be replaced.[/quote]

Our LBs are terrible as they lack awareness and speed. The safeties can't cover nor tackle. This is a pretty bad bunch.

SFREDSKIN 10-12-2020 01:08 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1262134]From what I can tell, Landon Collins is the most overpaid player in the league....am I wrong?[/quote]

As bad a signing as the Haynesworth one, at least Collins attitude is not shitty.

FrenchSkin 10-12-2020 02:30 AM

Defense as a whole was a disappointment yesterday... Dline not generating pressure, it again seemed like Settle was the only one making the most of every snap he got... which is not a good sign when we're expecting so much out of this group.

I like Bostic but he had an awful game, out of position, missing tackles... erk...

Our safeties are a big issue too.

I'll get the Oline a pass for getting crucified by the best defensive player in the league backed by a very productive DL squad, but this D has to show it can produce for more than a quarter and a half.

Chico23231 10-12-2020 07:10 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1262151]As bad a signing as the Haynesworth one, at least Collins attitude is not shitty.[/quote]

If Ron gonna bench Haskins for play, Collins should be bench starting today.

mooby 10-12-2020 07:31 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1262157]If Ron gonna bench Haskins for play, Collins should be bench starting today.[/quote]

We have more problems on this D than just Collins. They were getting gashed from all angles today in the first half when most of the damage was done.

And the stat line on offense doesn't exactly match up with what we saw on the field. It was pouring rain in the second half, to the point completed passes were rare. The Rams had two completed passes on their lone TD drive in the second half. Also their d-line was ragdolling our o-line the entire second half, Smith never had much time to throw.

It wasn't ideal conditions for a qb coming off a 2 year hiatus to come back to. Hence why I'm not gonna throw Smith under the bus. Still if he does come back in, I think it would take him some time to get comfortable enough to be aggressive again. And unless he regains his form this year, my guess is he'll be gone next year when we can handle the cap hit.

[quote=ESPN gamecast]
2nd half drives:
Rams punt
WAS punt
Rams field goal
WAS punt
Rams punt
WAS punt
Rams downs
WAS downs
Rams punt
WAS punt
Rams touchdown
WAS punt
Rams punt
WAS punt
End of game
[/quote]

The announcers mentioned Jack Del Rio's gameplan was to force Goff into drop-back passes where our d-line could get pressure, but O'Connell/McVay obviously gameplanned better to avoid that. Easy to get the ball out quick when the coverage isn't tight. I also saw several plays where we got gashed because our defenders stuck to zone coverage and let guys run free when they should've switched to man during the play.

TL;DR: We're still a long ways away from being an elite D.

calia 10-12-2020 07:41 AM

Didnít see the game but it sounds like Smithís opening drive before the half (and pouring rain) went fairly well.

This team is so soul crushing. I know we are rebuilding. Since 1991. So many other teams turn around and compete - really compete - on a faster time table than we ever seem to be able to do. Here we are at week 5 talking about the draft. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chico23231 10-12-2020 07:48 AM

If this season becomes the Alex Smith send off story, count me out. Not watching that garbage

skinsfaninok 10-12-2020 08:22 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1262161]If this season becomes the Alex Smith send off story, count me out. Not watching that garbage[/quote]

Get ready because it is.

Giantone 10-12-2020 08:25 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1262151]As bad a signing as the Haynesworth one, at least Collins attitude is not shitty.[/quote]

I think Collins should be a LBer , his play at the line is great and he is a good tackler .I said it when he was a Giant .

skinsfaninok 10-12-2020 08:29 AM

For the first time in franchise history, Washington has allowed 30 or more points in 4 straight games! LMFAO

Giantone 10-12-2020 08:32 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1262165]For the first time in franchise history, Washington has allowed 30 or more points in 4 straight games! LMFAO[/quote]

.........yeah , well that will stop next week.

skinsfaninok 10-12-2020 08:38 AM

[quote=Giantone;1262167].........yeah , well that will stop next week.[/quote]

I bet you guys win. We are in full tank mode and I hope they finish 1-15

skinsfaninok 10-12-2020 08:39 AM

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkE8uLIXgAAuK6u?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG]

punch it in 10-12-2020 08:57 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1262165]For the first time in franchise history, Washington has allowed 30 or more points in 4 straight games! LMFAO[/QUOTE]

What I have been saying. Idc about stats numbers yards etc - we are letting teams score at an alarming rate. Young has really not looked effective lately. Our mlbís and secondary are among the worst in the league and we knew that coming in - but with five first rounders up front we should be a little better. JDR what are ya up to man? We should not be worse than last year on either side of the ball and the eye test says we are. Thoroughly concerning.