Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL Week 7 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64485)

sdskinsfan2001 10-16-2019 10:32 PM

Around the NFL Week 7

K. Shanahan moved on from Skins dysfunction:

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27862117/49ers-kyle-shanahan-says-moved-redskins-dysfunction[/url]

We're all trying to Kyle, some of us are just stuck with them.

mooby 10-16-2019 11:59 PM

Re: Around the NFL Week 7

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1234550]K. Shanahan moved on from Skins dysfunction:

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27862117/49ers-kyle-shanahan-says-moved-redskins-dysfunction[/url]

We're all trying to Kyle, some of us are just stuck with them.[/quote]

Golly gee whillikers, how come there isn't anybody that leaves here with a positive impression of the organization? I think I'm starting to notice a trend here.

SFREDSKIN 10-17-2019 12:28 AM

Kyle and his daddy are also to blame for not pulling RGIII from the Seattle game and not building a D. I’m sure Bruce didn’t help them either.

Chief X_Phackter 10-17-2019 01:43 AM

F Kyle and the Shannys. Let him come in here with a personal agenda, the team full of themselves and over confident, and watch them leave the stadium with their heads down and tails between their legs.

BaltimoreSkins 10-17-2019 06:00 AM

Could you imagine the 2015 passing game with a Shanahan zone blocking run game? I dream I dream

skinsfaninok 10-17-2019 07:58 AM

KC - DENVER tonight? Yuck

SFREDSKIN 10-17-2019 08:42 AM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1234556]F Kyle and the Shannys. Let him come in here with a personal agenda, the team full of themselves and over confident, and watch them leave the stadium with their heads down and tails between their legs.[/quote]

That’s exactly how I feel and want to see on Sunday. I live in SF and despised the fortywhinners ever since the playoff game in 1983 were we beat them 24-21. The fans here cried and whined and never gave the Redskins respect. Fuck them!!

CRedskinsRule 10-17-2019 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1234556]F Kyle and the Shannys. Let him come in here with a personal agenda, the team full of themselves and over confident, and watch them leave the stadium with their heads down and tails between their legs.[/QUOTE]

Whats going to make them leave with their heads down? The embarassment of a 50 to nothing beat down of the Skins? There is no way the Skins win this game.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chief X_Phackter 10-17-2019 09:16 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1234583]Whats going to make them leave with their heads down? The embarassment of a 50 to nothing beat down of the Skins? There is no way the Skins win this game.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

You're probably right. Crazier things have happened though, and if they are looking past this week, you never know. Plus who have they played so far anyway? Looks like a pretty soft schedule thus far...who knows, maybe this is the week the Redskins put together a complete game.

MTK 10-17-2019 10:21 AM

Definitely wouldn't say the Skins have no shot. West coast teams playing 1:00 games on the east coast are definitely at a disadvantage. Could be a code red trap game for the 49ers.

skinsfaninok 10-17-2019 10:36 AM

[quote=MTK;1234600]Definitely wouldn't say the Skins have no shot. West coast teams playing 1:00 games on the east coast are definitely at a disadvantage. Could be a code red trap game for the 49ers.[/quote]

Also are the niners really a 6-0 team? I just see trap as well, maybe I'm wrong

Chief X_Phackter 10-17-2019 10:46 AM

We'll find out on Sunday. Niners probably win this one, but I don't think it's going to be a gimme by any means. I look for the Skins to come out with some things on offense that they haven't shown yet...Hell we have a FULLBACK now! Can't wait to see how he is incorporated. If they can score 20 and hold Breida and Coleman in check - who knows...

TheMalcolmConnection 10-17-2019 01:35 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1234604]We'll find out on Sunday. Niners probably win this one, but I don't think it's going to be a gimme by any means. I look for the Skins to come out with some things on offense that they haven't shown yet...[B]Hell we have a FULLBACK now! [/B]Can't wait to see how he is incorporated. If they can score 20 and hold Breida and Coleman in check - who knows...[/quote]

I was VERY intrigued to see this. The times we experimented in preseason seemed to work out really well.

SunnySide 10-17-2019 01:56 PM

Let’s use historical NFL betting trends to analyze if west coast teams traveling east actually struggle.

From 2003 to 2018, west coast teams have gone 80-133 (37.6%) straight up when playing on the east coast. That is a 37.6% win percentage.

Let’s compare that to the against the spread records during the same time period. West coast teams are 102-105-6 ATS when playing on the road against an east coast team for a win percentage of 49.3%.

The losing ATS record confirms that historically west coast teams do actually underperform when traveling east.

Next, let’s split the data to see if that NFL betting trend has changed over time. From 2003 to 2012, west coast teams were 57-71-3 ATS when playing in the eastern time zone for a win percentage of 44.5%. However, since 2013 west coast teams actually have had a winning ATS record when playing on the east coast at 57.0% with a 45-34-3 ATS record.

That is significant because it signals two things. First, that NFL oddsmakers are leaning towards the west coast visiting team when setting the spread and/or west coast teams have learned how to travel east and win.
[url]https://www.5dimes.eu/news/football/west-coast-teams-traveling-east-betting-trends/[/url]

“Adjusting odds for travel is a somewhat antiquated method nowadays,” Odds consultant Scott Cooley told SportsInsights. “The physicality and psychology of athletes these days is far advanced from what it was a decade ago. West Coast teams traveling east for an early start time prepare all week with that in mind.”

And for as well as teams have traveled east, there’s still typically slow starts that take time to shake off. SportsInsights’ research shows that West Coast teams play better in the second half than the first half in 1 p.m. ET starts.
[url]https://www.sbnation.com/2016/11/13/13613980/seahawks-vs-patriots-2016-west-coast-nfl-travel-eastern-time-zone-chargers-rams-raiders[/url]

Buffalo Bob 10-17-2019 03:36 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1234603]Also are the niners really a 6-0 team? I just see trap as well, maybe I'm wrong[/quote]

I seriously doubt a team that has won 6 or less games the last 4 seasons is going to over look any opponent. Pretty sure there are plenty of guys left from the 2-14 team of a couple years ago, and they will remember all the butt whippings they took and want to dish some out.