Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Guice Theory (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64114)

5superbowls3wins 04-29-2018 09:59 AM

Guice Theory

So, Howie R (Eagles GM) has come out and said NOTHING happened while Guice visited the Eagles, LSU said there were no problems with him, and I’m hearing more and more that his character concerns are mostly fake news.

What’s the chances Bruce pushed out some fake leaks in the guy to scare people away to help our chances of getting him. Especially in round 2 when they KNEW they needed a RB and still traded back when he was there at their pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTK 04-29-2018 10:19 AM

Re: Guice Theory

Nothing happened at the visit in Philly, but it sounds like something happened at the combine meeting

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/28/source-altercation-between-eagles-guice-happened-at-scouting-combine/]Source: Altercation between Eagles, Guice happened at Scouting Combine – ProFootballTalk[/url]

Simply too much smoke for there to be nothing at all to the story

sdskinsfan2001 04-29-2018 12:28 PM

I'm glad whatever happened did happen, because it's not a criminal issue and seems like no big deal.

We traded down and got Guice and an athletic swing tackle that will possibly be our starting LT by his contract year. That trade worked out perfectly.

Chico23231 04-29-2018 06:08 PM

Who cares? Guice was a fuckin steal...to come away with him and Payne 1 and 2...fuck.

GUIce is gonna make philly lick his nuts

CRedskinsRule 04-29-2018 06:13 PM

[QUOTE=5superbowls3wins;1193867]So, Howie R (Eagles GM) has come out and said NOTHING happened while Guice visited the Eagles, LSU said there were no problems with him, and I’m hearing more and more that his character concerns are mostly fake news.

What’s the chances Bruce pushed out some fake leaks in the guy to scare people away to help our chances of getting him. Especially in round 2 when they KNEW they needed a RB and still traded back when he was there at their pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]If the Skins were to do that and it got out there would be backlash from Guice AND the league.

sdskinsfan2001 04-29-2018 06:47 PM

I have a Guice theory too.

My theory is he rushes for 1200+ this year.

We got Juice and a future starting LT for the price of getting Juice.

If we have average health, we're scoring a lot of points.

Doctson will be a pro bowl caliber WR. Book it.

MTK 04-29-2018 07:50 PM

[YT]BcZxNy331QM[/YT]

NC_Skins 04-29-2018 09:50 PM

[quote=MTK;1193868]Nothing happened at the visit in Philly, but it sounds like something happened at the combine meeting

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/28/source-altercation-between-eagles-guice-happened-at-scouting-combine/]Source: Altercation between Eagles, Guice happened at Scouting Combine – ProFootballTalk[/url]

Simply too much smoke for there to be nothing at all to the story[/quote]

I agree. Also, it's pretty telling that EVERY single team passed on him. These guys do their homework so something had to be there and not just fake news. It was worth the gamble for where we picked him and his talent level.

skinsfaninok 04-30-2018 08:42 AM

He's the best back we have had since Portis, he can play all 3 downs if needed but I know CT is our 3rd down back.. Charley Casserly said he had him rated in the top 20 overall players before the combine incident. This is huge for us. Goodbye Fat Rob.

MTK 04-30-2018 08:45 AM

Imagine pounding the D with Guice and Perine comes in to clean up... we're going to beat up defenses

MTK 04-30-2018 08:50 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;1193893]I agree. Also, it's pretty telling that EVERY single team passed on him. These guys do their homework so something had to be there and not just fake news. It was worth the gamble for where we picked him and his talent level.[/quote]

I don't care what the NFL investigation says I think someone probably did ask him something inappropriate to test him, and he lost his shit.

As long as the Skins did their due diligence on him, which it sounds like they did, I'm good with the pick especially where they got him. A 1st round talent for a late 2nd round pick, and he already hates the Eagles? Outstanding.

skinsfan69 04-30-2018 08:54 AM

Does this mean the Rob Kelly era is over??

skinsfaninok 04-30-2018 08:55 AM

[quote=MTK;1193908]Imagine pounding the D with Guice and Perine comes in to clean up... we're going to beat up defenses[/quote]

Could be a nasty combo for a few years to come

Chico23231 04-30-2018 08:58 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1193912]Does this mean the Rob Kelly era is over??[/quote]

Kelly is insurance right now. If all 3 guys make it through camp healthy in front of him...and he's expendable, believe it or not he could be moved for like a conditional pick. Kelly has some decent value for us. Young, has been productive, RB...

JoeRedskin 04-30-2018 08:59 AM

I am hoping that whatever caused the smoke was blown all out of proportion. According to the stories I read, Guice had some temperament/reliability issues and may have lied to one team. He's clearly got "young and dumb" syndrome. I will judge accordingly. At the same time, the reports out of LSU on him seem to be that he is a good teammate, etc.

Given that some folks were talking about him as a first rounder based simply on talent, I am also hoping that he comes in with a Clinton Portis, Thurman Thomas type chip on his shoulder and tears it up.

His film looks good (but of course, all I ever see is the good stuff from highlight reels). The clip above showed him exploiting big holes that just won't be there at the next level. However, even with the giant lanes, he took decisive cuts and there was a real suddenness to them. Assuming he can make the transition, he has the size and speed to excel at this level. Hopefully he does and is not a head case.