Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RGIII cleared to start week 1 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=54016)

Giantone 09-07-2013 04:17 PM

Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

[quote=Mattyk;1022828]Um no, see above. If he clearly doesn't have the ball and is no longer carrying out a fake, the defense can't hit the QB.[/quote]

Just for clarification , in a case where the ball is turned over ( fumble, interception ) and the QB is either going for the ball or to tackle the ball carrier he can also be nailed( hit ...yeah hit)

MTK 09-07-2013 04:18 PM

[quote=Giantone;1022829]Just for clarification , in a case where the ball is turned over ( fumble, interception ) and the QB is either going for the ball or to tackle the ball carrier he can also be nailed( hit ...yeah hit)[/quote]

Yeah that's nothing new.

We're talking about the read option.

SirLK26 09-07-2013 04:21 PM

whistler really doesn't like the read-option, does he? On average, the Redskins only run it 8 times a game; it's not like our offense depends on it. I think whistler is getting worked up over nothing.

[quote]The read option is a gimmick offense at this level. The right personnel and defensive scheme would stop it flat! A defense with a hybrid SS/LB on the outside(s) behind a 4 man line w/ends wide and 2 inside linebackers that fill is the answer (correct=single safety see-Texas in the 80's), personnel is the answer.
Griffin is best in a spread type of offense where he can scramble if needed, with up-tempo and plays called at the line of scrimmage. I forgot that would require the Shannys to relinquish all of the play calling and game mis-management. NEVERMIND[/quote]

[quote]This just indicates that the Shannys are going to stick with the gimmick offense, instead of maturing the system into a less hybrid and more of a spread type WITH AUDIBLES.
[/quote]

[quote]The option play is not sustatinable in the NFL if you want to keep your QB healthy in the least.[/quote]

whistler 09-07-2013 04:27 PM

The Read Option offense is just not sustainable. Do you really think you'll see a 30yr old quarterback running it? So, what happens to RO quarterbacks after 30?

Skinzman 09-07-2013 04:28 PM

[quote=SirLK26;1022832]whistler really doesn't like the read-option, does he? On average, the Redskins only run it 8 times a game; it's not like our offense depends on it. I think whistler is getting worked up over nothing.[/quote]

If people want to play to stop the read option, it opens up other areas for the offense to exploit. The defense that you quoted him as saying is a 4-4, seeing as they have to cover both the right and left side out of the pistol since it can go either way with the same formation. That defense is highly susceptible to a good passing offense, which we do have.

Listening to some of these people would make you think that RG3 threw all of 10 passes for the entire season.

CRedskinsRule 09-07-2013 04:30 PM

[quote=whistler;1022825]If you did as much research as you do defending the RO, you would note the quarterback once he is established as a runner or a running option on a play to a "defensive player he is to be treated as a runner until a run fake is carried outside of the tackle box"

Also, I stated new "rule" I was incorrect, they are re-interpreting the rule. The fact that it allows the defender to hit the qb as a runner(at or below the waist), it spells DOOM for the RO.[/quote]

Doomed, DOOMED, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMEEEEED I tell you. And without the RO, the Skins are Doomed, DOOMED, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMEEEEED.
No need to watch the season. Garcon, Davis, sit down, our qb is Doomed. Defense, you better step to the plate, because the offense is Doomed.

In fact:
[YT]_49iNqxOnH4[/YT]

Skinzman 09-07-2013 04:30 PM

[quote=whistler;1022835]The Read Option offense is just not sustainable. Do you really think you'll see a 30yr old quarterback running it? So, what happens to RO quarterbacks after 30?[/quote]

The read option is only an offense when it is run the majority of the time. We have it as a single play within the offense that we run. If people show a defense to stop it, we can run other plays.

CRedskinsRule 09-07-2013 04:33 PM

[quote=whistler;1022835]The Read Option offense is just not sustainable. Do you really think you'll see a 30yr old quarterback running it? So, what happens to RO quarterbacks after 30?[/quote]

I think I'll worry about that when we have a 30 year old qb. Basically, a good OC always measures and gameplans based on the strength of his players. Not utilizing Griffin's RO abilities (which in my opinion are amazing) is as foolish as putting Carson Palmer in a full fledged RO plan.

Evilgrin 09-07-2013 04:34 PM

Don't feed trolls...

MTK 09-07-2013 04:35 PM

[quote=Evilgrin;1022840]Don't feed trolls...[/quote]

Seriously, lets move on.

Lotus 09-07-2013 05:24 PM

I fully expect a 30 year old to run the read option this year as other teams copycat by adding a small dose of our offense into theirs.

It will only be a play or two to keep defenses honest but it will happen.

CRedskinsRule 09-07-2013 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=Lotus;1022844]I fully expect a 30 year old to run the read option this year as other teams copycat by adding a small dose of our offense into theirs.

It will only be a play or two to keep defenses honest but it will happen.[/QUOTE]

John Beck(32) would run the RO to perfection!

skinsfaninok 09-07-2013 05:37 PM

Peyton said he'd run the read option

Giantone 09-07-2013 06:12 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1022830]Yeah that's nothing new.

We're talking about the read option.[/quote]

I know but some fans might not .

Giantone 09-07-2013 06:14 PM

Still don't know why you can't defend it like you would the wishbone ?