Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RGIII cleared to start week 1 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=54016)

mredskins 08-28-2013 10:04 AM

Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

[quote=scowan;1020905]My impression was just how driven he is. I honestly think it helps that he has gone through all of this before. He knew what to expect really. After watching so many guys from all the 32 teams lose guys in preseason to ACL injuries, I also started thinking as I was watching last night that everyone should wear knee braces on both knees. [B]Your legs, and thier protection, are more important than a helmet at this point.[/B][/quote]

Well not really. I much rather damage my knee then my brains but nice try.

Skinzman 08-28-2013 10:07 AM

[quote=mredskins;1020907]Well not really. I much rather damage my knee then my brains but nice try.[/quote]

Yet a good amount of the offensive players in the NFL and retired players have said they would rather get hit in the head instead of the knees.

scowan 08-28-2013 10:08 AM

[quote=mredskins;1020907]Well not really. I much rather damage my knee then my brains but nice try.[/quote]

Well, I was exaggerating a bit, but these knee injuries are season-enders, where as other injuries don't seem to take you out for the rest of the year.

skinsfan69 08-28-2013 10:14 AM

[quote=Skinzman;1020909]Yet a good amount of the offensive players in the NFL and retired players have said they would rather get hit in the head instead of the knees.[/quote]

They say that yet they're suing because of head injuries.

NYCskinfan82 08-28-2013 10:14 AM

[quote=Skinzman;1020895]Did Dr. James Andrews say that, or is it just since their is a pretty good chance it will happen, that Schefter is just saying it to claim he broke the news?[/quote]

Schefter slept at a holiday inn last nite.

MTK 08-28-2013 10:16 AM

[quote=Skinzman;1020909]Yet a good amount of the offensive players in the NFL and retired players have said they would rather get hit in the head instead of the knees.[/quote]

Kinda goes to show how the players need to be protected from themselves with a mindset like that. When they're 50 and have early onset dementia they'll be singing a different tune.

skinsfan69 08-28-2013 10:18 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1020901]So... opinions on the will to win last night? I thought it was pretty good, seeing how much he went through in rehab I think there's no doubt he's good to go.[/quote]

I liked the part where he worked out each day while on his bachelor party. No one can ever question his work ethic.

Skinzman 08-28-2013 10:20 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1020911]They say that yet they're suing because of head injuries.[/quote]

They are suing because the NFL did studies on concussions and the evidence pointed out that a player should not be inserted back into a game after a concussion. Yet the owners and commissioner buried that evidence because it meant not having the star players on the field. The NFL made a decision to put players at risk so they could make billions instead of risking a few dollars by having the back ups play. The NFL made a conscious decision to not care about long term damage to the players so the owners and commissioner could have a slightly larger paycheck.

Skinzman 08-28-2013 10:21 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1020913]Kinda goes to show how the players need to be protected from themselves with a mindset like that. When they're 50 and have early onset dementia they'll be singing a different tune.[/quote]

What about when they are 40 and wanting to commit suicide because the pain from all of the knee surgeries is unbearable?

skinsfaninok 08-28-2013 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk;1020901]So... opinions on the will to win last night? I thought it was pretty good, seeing how much he went through in rehab I think there's no doubt he's good to go.[/QUOTE]

Great show

mredskins 08-28-2013 10:26 AM

Maybe they are saying that because they have been hit in the head too much. Just a thought.

Skinsfanatic 08-28-2013 10:27 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1020901]So... opinions on the will to win last night? I thought it was pretty good, seeing how much he went through in rehab I think there's no doubt he's good to go.[/quote]

I had my kids watch it with me. I was very impressed with RGIII, but more importantly, I think he is the kind of sports role model that can really be good for children.

Oh, and I loved Morris' shirt.

mredskins 08-28-2013 10:29 AM

[quote=Skinzman;1020917]What about when they are 40 and wanting to commit suicide because the pain from all of the knee surgeries is unbearable?[/quote]

You really are not trying to argue that a head injury is less dangerous then a knee injury? Really?

Just look at your body. Brain and heart come with protective padding (skull/ribs). Knee will it gets a tiny cap more just for looks.

MTK 08-28-2013 10:31 AM

Chances are much greater that players will suffer multiple concussions over the course of their career than a severe knee injury.

Chico23231 08-28-2013 10:31 AM

[quote=Skinsfanatic;1020920]I had my kids watch it with me. I was very impressed with RGIII, but more importantly, [B]I think he is the kind of sports role model that can really be good for children[/B].

Oh, and I loved Morris' shirt.[/quote]

Its nice for a change isnt it? Yeah, makes me even more proud to be a Skins fan when you got character guys like RG3, Alfmo and London Fletch representing the team.