Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RGIII cleared to start week 1 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=54016)

Evilgrin 08-28-2013 10:38 AM

Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Redskins will say something in the next day or so, that no decisions has been made. They are just keeping the Eagles guessing.

firstdown 08-28-2013 10:40 AM

[quote=Skinzman;1020917]What about when they are 40 and wanting to commit suicide because the pain from all of the knee surgeries is unbearable?[/quote]

How many players are saying that?

Chico23231 08-28-2013 10:42 AM

[quote=firstdown;1020927]How many players are saying that?[/quote]

Someone locked the door and turned off the lights in the assumptions room with Skinsman trapped inside with that statement.

Skinzman 08-28-2013 11:00 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1020923]Chances are much greater that players will suffer multiple concussions over the course of their career than a severe knee injury.[/quote]

You do realize that there are players that have had well into the double digit knee surgeries?

While concussions are never good, being removed from the games and not being allowed to play until their symptoms are gone will go a long way to preventing some of the problems that the older players are dealing with. One of the biggest problems with dealing with concussions is suffering a second one while the first one hasnt healed. It drives the bruising deeper into the brain. Which is why I have said that the players who originally filed the lawsuits against the NFL are hurting their chances by letting anyone join in on the lawsuits. The fact that Pat White was apart of these suits hurts their chances at winning imo. Players of today are retiring early if they suffer multiple concussions. Because they understand the risks associated with it a lot better.

Im not against the new rules for head shots, and in fact, support them. But knee injuries have also caused a good amount of problems for past players, just like concussions. Maybe advances in medicine nullify a fair amount of this just like the NFL finally admitting that concussions are bad.

There have been players kill themselves over not being able to deal with the pain. What does it matter if they do that at 50 due to early onset dementia or at 50 because of to much pain from their knees? Its the same result.

I realize that most people dont understand the pain associated with this. And maybe it just hits home with me more than others. I knew a guy that I worked construction with for a few years. I had quit the job and went to work elsewhere as an office manager. I came home 5 years later to a message from my old boss asking me to call him. When I did, I found out that the guy I worked side by side with had committed suicide because all the manual labor he had done through his life had destroyed his body and he couldnt deal with the pain anymore. It is not only head injuries that cause this stuff. Most of you will never have to deal with it. But just because you dont deal with it doesnt mean it hasnt happened. Most of you are completely ignorant about these issues and assume that only head injuries are bad and nothing else is a problem. Im not trying to blame anyone, but at least understand that it is a real issue.

MTK 08-28-2013 11:04 AM

[quote=Skinzman;1020930][B]You do realize that there are players that have had well into the double digit knee surgeries? [/B][/quote]

Yeah of course, but again there are probably far more players with multiple concussions over the course of their careers than guys with multiple knee injuries. And you can't tell me a brain injury is less of a concern than a knee.

How about we just get back on topic.

Skinzman 08-28-2013 11:04 AM

[quote=firstdown;1020927]How many players are saying that?[/quote]

Nobody is saying it. How many people announce that they want to commit suicide? Most, not necessarily all, just deal with and smile until they put the gun to their heads.

Skinzman 08-28-2013 11:06 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1020932]Yeah of course, but again there are probably far more players with multiple concussions over the course of their careers than guys with multiple knee injuries. And you can't tell me a brain injury is less of a concern than a knee.

How about we just get back on topic.[/quote]

As I said, its easier to be ignorant about it and act like it doesnt happen. And never once have I said a brain injury is not a concern. Never. So dont put words in my mouth on this subject.

MTK 08-28-2013 11:10 AM

[quote=Skinzman;1020934]As I said, its easier to be ignorant about it and act like it doesnt happen. And never once have I said a brain injury is not a concern. Never. So dont put words in my mouth on this subject.[/quote]

Ok you win. I'm not even sure what your point is or why you raised this issue in the first place.

Let's move on.

Ruhskins 08-28-2013 11:16 AM

So RG3 playing Week 1. I wonder if this is MS' way to get into Chip Kelly's head? LOL.

Meks 08-28-2013 11:23 AM

Woooooo ofiashoefdkfnsdfihjefi8hxkcvnkcvndkzfnd wooooohooooooo lol...

mredskins 08-28-2013 11:57 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1020935]Ok you win. I'm not even sure what your point is or why you raised this issue in the first place.

Let's move on.[/quote]

This is comical; I love this web site!

skinsfan69 08-28-2013 12:37 PM

[quote=Skinzman;1020916]They are suing because the NFL did studies on concussions and the evidence pointed out that a player should not be inserted back into a game after a concussion. Yet the owners and commissioner buried that evidence because it meant not having the star players on the field. The NFL made a decision to put players at risk so they could make billions instead of risking a few dollars by having the back ups play. The NFL made a conscious decision to not care about long term damage to the players so the owners and commissioner could have a slightly larger paycheck.[/quote]

Let's be honest. Most....(not all) players are suing because there is money to be made. This entire lawsuit is mostly based on money. If I were a former player, I'd probably be on the lawsuit too! A kicker is on the lawsuit! lol...I guess he got a concussion kicking the ball too hard!

HailGreen28 08-28-2013 12:50 PM

[quote=scowan;1020910]Well, I was exaggerating a bit, but these knee injuries are season-enders, where as other injuries don't seem to take you out for the rest of the year.[/quote]I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere Rothlisberger said something to that effect, would rather get hit in the head than the knees.

NC_Skins 08-28-2013 01:09 PM

[quote=Skinzman;1020904]Its only "official" if Dr. Andrews says it. We all expected it and the chances of him not being cleared are incredibly small. But a great chance of it happening does not constitute it being official.[/quote]

[B]HTTR24-7.com ‏@HTTR24_7

Adam Schefter is pretty adamant that RGIII starting week 1 is official.. Says Andrews will clear him tommorrow but it's official now.[/B]

The Goat 08-28-2013 01:14 PM

Per the season opener, I hope we run it down the Iggles gdamn throats with Morris and Helu all game long. And it opens up passing lanes for RG and those quick strikes to Moss, Garcon, Morgan, Hank and the TE's.

If we commit to the run and control the clock all season, I think this team seriously flies.