Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I say we "Dive for a Top 5"!!!!! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45092)

NC_Skins 11-06-2011 11:13 PM

Re: I say we "Dive for a Top 5"!!!!!

[quote=WilbursHomie;856509]Since we can't suck for Luck, are you asking if we should start, "Whiffin for Griffin?" I just trademarked that.[/quote]

Dropping a turd for Griffin the third.

mooby 11-06-2011 11:37 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;856533]Because we're Whiffin for Griffin.[/quote]

Why should we start whiffin for Griffin, when we can smell the allure of Moore.

Lotus 11-06-2011 11:45 PM

[quote=mooby;856486]I have no problem with that, if the season is heading downwards and you have young talent on the bench waiting to be used, by all means let them play, so you can see what you have going forward next season. I draw the line at, hey let's actively tank the season so we have a better chance at getting a higher draft pick for next season. History has proven time and time again it doesn't matter what draft pick you have, it matters how you use it.[/quote]

Yeah, there's a difference between "We're not making the playoffs, let's give the youngsters experience" and "Let's lose!" The first strategy is smart, the second is disgusting and dumb.

Ruhskins 11-06-2011 11:51 PM

[quote=mooby;856547]Why should we start whiffin for Griffin, when we can smell the allure of Moore.[/quote]

Jonesing for Landry? No?

mooby 11-07-2011 12:01 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;856552]Jonesing for Landry? No?[/quote]

Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I actually thought about that before I came up with the allure of Moore, and I was like nahhh. Kudos to you though for putting it out there.

WilbursHomie 11-07-2011 12:15 AM

[QUOTE=Ruhskins;856552]Jonesing for Landry? No?[/QUOTE]

Solid

kevinjames1973 11-07-2011 01:32 AM

Feenin for Weeden

CultBrennan59 11-07-2011 02:03 AM

We should. I would really monitor the Rams for the rest of the year skins fans.

If they have the first overall pick our chances of getting luck just got somewhere.

REDSKINS4ever 11-07-2011 02:52 AM

[quote=GusFrerotte;856476]With the season looking like it is over at just over the halfway mark, do you think we just let the youngsters play on the "playground" and take the dive for a top 5 pick?[/quote]

There's still too much football left to play. The Redskins are in last place in the NFC East, but are a game behind Dallas and almost tied with Philly. Anything can still happen. The Redskins do need to play their young players regardless of what their record is. But the veterans on the team are still the leaders of this team. Coaching and level of play on the field will determine the outcome of this season. The Redskins can end up 7-9, 6-10, 5-11, or 9-7 and maybe 10-6 if they get on a roll and start playing some solid football.

One thing is certain though. The Redskins need a QB. If they do end up picking in the top ten for a third straight year, then they will have to execute a trade to get Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, or Landry Jones. All of them are super upgrades over Beck and Grossman.

MTK 11-07-2011 09:06 AM

Nobody is going to "take a dive" in the sense of losing on purpose, but I'm all for continuing with getting the younger guys more playing time to really evaluate what we've got.

I don't think we're gonna have to try too hard to get a top 5 pick with the way things are going.

Sonny9TD 11-07-2011 09:08 AM

Blasphemy.

skinsfan69 11-07-2011 09:13 AM

[quote=GusFrerotte;856476]With the season looking like it is over at just over the halfway mark, do you think we just let the youngsters play on the "playground" and take the dive for a top 5 pick?[/quote]

We should've just been playing the young guys from day one. Even with everyone healthy this wasn't a playoff team.

SirClintonPortis 11-07-2011 09:21 AM

People need to distinguish a little nuance when we talk about taking a "dive". A GM could deliberately weaken his roster the get exclusives rights to a certain player, but the coaches and players still give 100% effort. That's just sound business.

The other way to dive is to deliberately half-ass it. That wouldn't fly with anyone and those involved would like be released or fired from the team.

mredskins 11-07-2011 09:48 AM

These "lose for a draft pick" always make laugh becasue you think a London Fletcher type guy lay down so that the Skins can draft some college kid that has never played a snap in the NFL. No way!

firstdown 11-07-2011 10:06 AM

Take a dive. I think if we just keep playing the way we are now we get a top five pick. Put in the youg guys they might bump us out of the top 10.