Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sliding Doors... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64948)

AnonEmouse 12-22-2021 07:11 AM

Sliding Doors...

For those that don't know, there's a film called Sliding Doors, where the leads life is played out based on 2 threads, one where she catches a train, one where she misses it. Seems we're virtually in that scenario now; beat Dallas follow path A, lose to Dallas, follow path B. For me:

A - win out, scrape into the playoffs, win 1st game then get stomped by the likes of GB or TB, end up with a very similar scenario to last spring; no established #1 QB, holes all over (predominantly OL and LB) with a weak draft position and no great prospects to plug them all via FA or the draft.

B - Lose 2 of 3 at least, out of playoffs, top 10 pick. Possibility of plugging at least 1 hole, especially if Corral is still available when we pick.

I find myself hoping for A, but knowing that B is more likely and probably the better path in the long run.

What's your A and B path?

BaltimoreSkins 12-22-2021 07:32 AM

Re: Sliding Doors...

Of your scenarios I think B is far more likely but I think we will go 2-1 over last three and still miss the playoffs.

AnonEmouse 12-22-2021 07:51 AM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1305237]Of your scenarios I think B is far more likely but I think we will go 2-1 over last three and still miss the playoffs.[/quote]

But still likely a top 10 pick?

punch it in 12-22-2021 07:59 AM

So, if our team was healthy there is no doubt we win that game last night. There is no doubt we win out. And there is nobody in the league who is a dominant force right now.
Point is that scenario A is going to be tough, but if we got in we could definitely make noise. If we were healthy.
We put ourselves in a huge hole starting slow and you cannot do that when injuries and now covid just get worse as the year goes on. We need San Fran, Saints, Minny to probably lose a game they shouldnít. We need to win out.
As for the draft, well whether we go 6-11 or 9-8 one of those quarterbacks will be there should we choose to go that route. So letís not give up on the season yet. A 9-8 record after the start to our season and the injuries would be nothing short of a miracle and could get us into the playoffs.

skinsfaninok 12-22-2021 08:07 AM

I just want to beat Dallas. I really donít care about the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chico23231 12-22-2021 08:23 AM

We are done

skinsfaninok 12-22-2021 08:26 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1305241]We are done[/quote]

Yeah last night was our playoffs and we went in half manned. Its bull shit but unfortunately life ain't fair. We have way too many injuries also, WJ3 hurt his ankle it appeared , AG can barely run on that toe more than a series or 2. Collins is still hurt.. And our offense is straight ass. 8-9 At best

punch it in 12-22-2021 09:53 AM

Sliding Doors...

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1305242]Yeah last night was our playoffs and we went in half manned. Its bull shit but unfortunately life ain't fair. We have way too many injuries also, WJ3 hurt his ankle it appeared , AG can barely run on that toe more than a series or 2. Collins is still hurt.. And our offense is straight ass. 8-9 At best[/QUOTE]

8-9 can easily be 9-8 and 9-8 can definitely get us in.

But we need players back. With our luck our covid list will go from 15 to 24 by Sunday. Lol

BaltimoreSkins 12-22-2021 10:21 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1305240]I just want to beat Dallas. I really donít care about the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

We've only won 5 of last 15 meetings so we are due for a W

punch it in 12-22-2021 12:04 PM

Im telling you all if we win out we are probably going to get in. We do not control our destiny, but there really isnít a single upset that has to happen as long as we win out. In other words we need help but it isnít crazy help.

GB
Rams
Dallas
Saints
Cards
Bucs
WFT

sdskinsfan2001 12-22-2021 12:09 PM

We're not beatin Dallas in Dallas. Philly is a push. Losing to the Giants would be embarrassing.

Chico23231 12-22-2021 12:09 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1305242]Yeah last night was our playoffs and we went in half manned. Its bull shit but unfortunately life ain't fair. We have way too many injuries also, WJ3 hurt his ankle it appeared , AG can barely run on that toe more than a series or 2. Collins is still hurt.. And our offense is straight ass. 8-9 At best[/quote]

I donít know what Iím more sick of Injuries, covid, or hoís

I got to start reviewing the roster, looking up draft prospects soon

Chief X_Phackter 12-22-2021 12:13 PM

[quote=punch it in;1305297]Im telling you all if we win out we are probably going to get in. We do not control our destiny, but there really isnít a single upset that has to happen as long as we win out. In other words we need help but it isnít crazy help.

GB
Rams
Dallas
Saints
Cards
Bucs
WFT[/quote]

I don't know man. Yes it's possible, but it's very improbable. If the 49ers beat the Titans tomorrow night, that's probably a wrap.

My guess is NO wins out and SF wins at least two putting them both at 10-7

punch it in 12-22-2021 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1305301]I don't know man. Yes it's possible, but it's very improbable. If the 49ers beat the Titans tomorrow night, that's probably a wrap.

My guess is NO wins out and SF wins at least two putting them both at 10-7[/QUOTE]

Yes. Tomorrow nights Titans game is about as important as any as far as our chances go besides our own. They do finish with the Rams who hopefully are playing for something. So yes San Fran needs to lose two of three. Tomorrowís game is huuuuge.

jamf 12-22-2021 01:00 PM

Path A: Get a franchise QB
Path B: There's no plan B
Path C: Snyder fucks shit up and we go with a vet retread.

Regardless of what happens the rest of the season, the goal needs to be getting the best QB available.

If you don't have a QB, you can't win in this league.

skinsfaninok 12-22-2021 01:12 PM

[quote=jamf;1305310]Path A: Get a franchise QB
Path B: There's no plan B
Path C: Snyder fucks shit up and we go with a vet retread.

Regardless of what happens the rest of the season, the goal needs to be getting the best QB available.

If you don't have a QB, you can't win in this league.[/quote]

It's like beating a dead horse but it's just so true.. Look at the teams with bad QB play yearly.. They all suck

skinsfaninok 12-22-2021 01:19 PM

This was the game Washington had to win, and people in the building knew it. Dallas (10-4) is long gone for the division title. The best, most realistic postseason chance was securing the No. 7 seed in the NFC. The most realistic way to do that was to beat Philly twice, then beat the Giants in the season finale to finish with nine wins.

Eight isnít going to be enough; nine now requires running the table. And that now means going down to Jerry World on four daysí rest this Sunday and somehow cobbling enough bodies together to beat a team that just dominated you 10 days ago for most of the game.

And that also would mean fixing a defense that got mauled Tuesday by Phillyís offensive line and two-tight end personnel, blasting Washington for 238 (!!!) yards rushing, with Miles Sanders and Jordan Howard taking turns gashing the front seven. When they got tired, Jalen Hurts ran wild and free. Jonathan Allen, stalwart as always, was the only exception to most of the beatdown; he was everywhere, again.

David Aldridge

MTK 12-22-2021 01:40 PM

Unless we somehow run the table, we're not making the playoffs.

skinsfaninok 12-22-2021 01:52 PM

[quote=MTK;1305324]Unless we somehow run the table, we're not making the playoffs.[/quote]

Even if we did, we still need 2 teams to lose. It's like a 5% chance of actually happening. The 4 straight wins got our hopes up

punch it in 12-22-2021 02:32 PM

Sliding Doors...

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1305326]Even if we did, we still need 2 teams to lose. It's like a 5% chance of actually happening. The 4 straight wins got our hopes up[/QUOTE]

I believe if we win out and SanFran loses to the Titans and Rams we are in. I think.

Minny plays the rams and packers. No way they win out.

CRedskinsRule 12-22-2021 03:42 PM

I hope only 10+ win teams make the playoffs. Yes I know that means we don't. Given our season I don't think the team deserves it. Even IF they were 5o win out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MTK 12-22-2021 03:47 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1305347]I hope only 10+ win teams make the playoffs. Yes I know that means we don't. Given our season I don't think the team deserves it. Even IF they were 5o win out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

If we win out and get in, that would mean we went 7-2 down the stretch. Why wouldn't that be deserving?

sdskinsfan2001 12-22-2021 03:53 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1305347]I hope only 10+ win teams make the playoffs. Yes I know that means we don't. Given our season I don't think the team deserves it. Even IF they were 5o win out.

You crazy lol. Over .500 is perfectly reasonable to be a playoff team imo. Although I'm against adding more teams. I'd like it still to be 6 per conference.

Also, I don't care about deserving, I want in. By any means/record necessary.

CRedskinsRule 12-22-2021 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1305348]If we win out and get in, that would mean we went 7-2 down the stretch. Why wouldn't that be deserving?[/QUOTE]Did you see the first half of the season? The NFL is already close to baseball where early games don't matter. Last year was different because of covid, but this year we had a full off-season. Getting hot or going 7-2 in the stretch should count for seeding but a deserving playoff team should at least be a competent team all season long. We were not.

calia 12-22-2021 06:17 PM

[QUOTE=sdskinsfan2001;1305299]We're not beatin Dallas in Dallas. Philly is a push. Losing to the Giants would be embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe if we take our fancy benches with usÖ. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfan69 12-22-2021 06:20 PM

Until we get the guy under center we are going to be doing this playoff scenario crap every year until the end of time.

skinsfaninok 12-22-2021 06:37 PM

Sliding Doors...

2-6 is such a hard hole to dig out of. The amount of teams that are .500 or better is growing by the year. In todays nfl you HAVE to start fast.

BaltimoreSkins 12-22-2021 06:52 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1305349]You crazy lol. Over .500 is perfectly reasonable to be a playoff team imo. Although I'm against adding more teams. I'd like it still to be 6 per conference.

Also, I don't care about deserving, I want in. By any means/record necessary.[/quote]

I like 6 too but I really like only the one seed getting a bye. So far it seems to have made the season more meaningful down the stretch. Already week 15 and only one team has a ticket to the dance.

BaltimoreSkins 12-22-2021 06:55 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1305354]Did you see the first half of the season? The NFL is already close to baseball where early games don't matter. Last year was different because of covid, but this year we had a full off-season. Getting hot or going 7-2 in the stretch should count for seeding but a deserving playoff team should at least be a competent team all season long. We were not.

Agree good teams don't usually lose two games in a row in season let alone four.

AnonEmouse 12-23-2021 07:09 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1305358]2-6 is such a hard hole to dig out of. The amount of teams that are .500 or better is growing by the year. In todays nfl you HAVE to start fast.[/quote]

You mean like the Chiefs who started 3-4? OK, one more win than us at that point, but everyone wrote them off like they had us before we went on our mini win streak.

Point is WITHOUT A TOP QB, anything like 2-6, 3-5, 4-4 etc. is a tough hole to climb out of. Playmakers make a difference, and wee just don't have one.

skinsfaninok 12-23-2021 08:12 AM

Well yeah KC is an exception tho lol They have 15

CRedskinsRule 12-23-2021 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=AnonEmouse;1305384]You mean like the Chiefs who started 3-4? OK, one more win than us at that point, but everyone wrote them off like they had us before we went on our mini win streak.

Point is WITHOUT A TOP QB, anything like 2-6, 3-5, 4-4 etc. is a tough hole to climb out of. Playmakers make a difference, and wee just don't have one.[/QUOTE]3-4 is one game under .500. 2-6 is .250

Just not the same hole to climb out of or get into.

MTK 12-23-2021 11:48 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1305354]Did you see the first half of the season? The NFL is already close to baseball where early games don't matter. Last year was different because of covid, but this year we had a full off-season. Getting hot or going 7-2 in the stretch should count for seeding but a deserving playoff team should at least be a competent team all season long. We were not.

As the saying goes itís not how you start but how you finish.

punch it in 12-23-2021 11:55 AM

Sliding Doors...

[QUOTE=MTK;1305407]As the saying goes itís not how you start but how you finish.[/QUOTE]

There are other sayings likeÖ.

Early bird catches the worm

Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise

Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today

Seriously most teams that start 2-6 do not end up in the post season. You simply cannot dig that kind of a hole. Especially when injuries usually come into play as the season progresses and as we see now covid spikes during the fall and winter which would be the second half of the season. Im really impressed with how Ron rallied the troops, but next year letís come out swinging not sleeping. Lol

If we win out and go 7-2 I totally agree we are deserving but you still canít chalk up a 2-6 start to nothing. Imagine if the team was playing this way all year? Shit man we would be looking at the division and possibly a top seed. The whole season matters. First half. Second half. It all matters. Im hoping for a complete season next year. At least not a 2-6 stretch anywhere.

Chief X_Phackter 12-23-2021 03:33 PM

Not many teams are going to come out of the gate hot, when they lose their starting QB after the third series of the season, especially with the Chargers, Bills, Chiefs, and Packers on tap.

punch it in 12-23-2021 03:38 PM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1305422]Not many teams are going to come out of the gate hot, when they lose their starting QB after the third series of the season, especially with the Chargers, Bills, Chiefs, and Packers on tap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well our quarterback had nothing to do with our Defense that was historically bad for weeks, and honestly Fitz/ TH aint exactly Rodgers/ Love.

Chief X_Phackter 12-23-2021 03:45 PM

No doubt, but the offense wasn't exactly lighting it up either averaging less than 20 points per game and two turnovers per game. It was a team effort. Just saying, you go into a season thinking QB A is the guy, and all of the sudden he's not...not a lot of teams are going to go 6-2, 5-3, 4-4 with the schedule they had.

punch it in 12-23-2021 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1305427]No doubt, but the offense wasn't exactly lighting it up either averaging less than 20 points per game and two turnovers per game. It was a team effort. Just saying, you go into a season thinking QB A is the guy, and all of the sudden he's not...not a lot of teams are going to go 6-2, 5-3, 4-4 with the schedule they had.[/QUOTE]

Yeah our schedule was brutal. That fuckin Denver game haunts me thoughÖ..

Chief X_Phackter 12-23-2021 04:09 PM

Yeah me too, I was there watching Blewitt crush FGs during warmups only to Blowit in the game.

AnonEmouse 12-24-2021 06:46 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1305397]3-4 is one game under .500. 2-6 is .250

Just not the same hole to climb out of or get into.

No, but my point was with a good or great QB, climbing out of that hole is a far sight easier. We've done well with what we have, but we needed (and will need) a great QB to be able to sustain that climb. Hell, probably wouldn't have been in that hole to start with if we had that QB.