Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Giants Pre Game dumpster fire thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64713)

skinsfaninok 10-14-2020 08:40 AM

Giants Pre Game dumpster fire thread

Woof...

0-5 vs 1-4.. Anyone actually going to sit through the whole thing? Luckily for me I won't be home until about Halftime.

Kyle Allen will start per Ron.

I'm going Giants 26 - No named bums 20

CRedskinsRule 10-14-2020 09:00 AM

Re: Giants Pre Game dumpster fire thread

I thought that I read yesterday that Smith was named the starter

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 10-14-2020 09:04 AM

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30100296/washington-qb-kyle-allen-remain-starter-healthy[/url]

MTK 10-14-2020 09:28 AM

JP Finlay also just tweeted that Allen is the starter. Smith is the backup.

Chico23231 10-14-2020 09:33 AM

I’ll watch if Kyle starts, I’m not watching anytime Alex Smith takes the field. It’s theatrical bullshit and has nothing to do with winning football games if he plays. It’s more Dan Snyder drama, folks need to call it out. Alex needs to be cut this offseason immediately

mooby 10-14-2020 09:34 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1262390]Woof...

0-5 vs 1-4.. [B]Anyone actually going to sit through the whole thing?[/B] Luckily for me I won't be home until about Halftime.

Kyle Allen will start per Ron.

I'm going Giants 26 - No named bums 20[/quote]

Hell yeah I'm gonna sit through the whole thing. We're not even guaranteed 16 games this year with all the 'rona bs going around, you best believe I'm gonna watch every game (at least until they get out of hand). Last week was a pure dumpster fire and I still watched all of it.

Also yeah this could definitely be another L because the Giants definitely improved on offense against the Cowboys.

mooby 10-14-2020 09:35 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1262405]I’ll watch if Kyle starts, I’m not watching anytime Alex Smith takes the field. [B]It’s theatrical bullshit and has nothing to do with winning football games if he plays.[/B] It’s more Dan Snyder drama, folks need to call it out. Alex needs to be cut this offseason immediately[/quote]

Why do you even need to say this? Allen has been declared the starter.

Now I'm no expert but usually in such situations that means the backup only sees the field if the starter gets injured.

Redskins247 10-14-2020 09:45 AM

I'm still in shock from just how bad Sunday's game was. Any optimism I had before the Rams game is pretty much gone, as is a lot of my trust in Ron. That being said, we're going to see just what they have in the tank...the Giants are not a good team on either side of the ball, like us. So do they give us any optimism going forward? Will the defense show up or will Daniel Jones be Danny Dimes? Will the offense score any points? Will they actually throw the ball down the field more than once a game? Ron supposedly made the QB change to try and win games...so this is the stretch where they supposedly could win some...let's see what they got.

Chico23231 10-14-2020 09:45 AM

[quote=mooby;1262408]Why do you even need to say this? Allen has been declared the starter.

Now I'm no expert but usually in such situations that means the backup only sees the field if the starter gets injured.[/quote]

Smith showed he shouldn’t be on the field or on the team.

skinsfan69 10-14-2020 09:48 AM

If it's a nice day I may go golfing. I just can't watch the Redskins or WTF or whatever the hell you call them. They're not worth my time anymore. Ron sucks, the offense is unwatchable, the defense can't tackle, can't rush and can't cover. The best player is the punter. This team is almost dead to me. I miss that run the Nats were on last year.

SunnySide 10-14-2020 09:59 AM

[quote=mooby;1262406]Hell yeah I'm gonna sit through the whole thing. We're not even guaranteed 16 games this year with all the 'rona bs going around, you best believe I'm gonna watch every game (at least until they get out of hand). Last week was a pure dumpster fire and I still watched all of it.

Also yeah this could definitely be another L because the Giants definitely improved on offense against the Cowboys.[/quote]

Exactly. I know we suck but we only get maybe 16 of these things. Hell yeah Im going to watch it. And rewind it and slow mo plays .. its going to take me 6 hours to watch this bitch.

(but we are so deprived of redskins induced dopamine. watching the caps or terps basketball, it is so much funner and more meaningful watching your home town team kicking ass. the DMV was so much happier during the Nats champ run, people wearing their gear, mailman talking with strangers about the game etc ... Skins have let down our whole region for way too long)

Chase Young - going up against fellow top pick LT Andrew Thomas. I think Chase will feast and get 2 sacks.

Fuller - nice to see him some more

Martin - can he anchor better, can he not get pushed back? the clock is ticking on this young man. How will he respond.

mooby 10-14-2020 10:30 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1262410]Smith showed he shouldn’t be on the field or on the team.[/quote]

2 years, 17 surgeries, almost had his leg amputated, comes back for the first time and plays the second half in shitty conditions with a terrible supporting cast and an offensive line that is truly offensive. But yeah I agree, cut him no slack.

:rolleyes:

jamf 10-14-2020 10:39 AM

I'm watching so I can see how bad this team really is.

MTK 10-14-2020 10:39 AM

Smith is a great comeback story no doubt but it's clear he should have been pulled from that game.

Sloppy field, Allen was cleared, Rams pass rush was ferocious, I really don't get what Ron was thinking there at all.

I don't even think he should be active, bring up Montez from the PS and make him the backup.

I also think it's ridiculous Dwayne wasn't made the backup. He would have given us a fighting chance.

Redskins247 10-14-2020 10:44 AM

[quote=MTK;1262421]Smith is a great comeback story no doubt but it's clear he should have been pulled from that game.

Sloppy field, Allen was cleared, Rams pass rush was ferocious, I really don't get what Ron was thinking there at all.

I don't even think he should be active, bring up Montez from the PS and make him the backup.

I also think it's ridiculous Dwayne wasn't made the backup. He would have given us a fighting chance.[/quote]

This. This is what has me really questioning what the hell Ron is doing.