Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   106 The Fan (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64374)

REDSKINS4ever 04-29-2019 12:04 PM

106 The Fan

Who listens to them ? When it comes to all things Redskins is their content good or is it lacking ?

RobH4413 04-29-2019 12:17 PM

Re: 106 The Fan

It's an option. They cover DC sports.

For Redskins content, I think the mid-day show is better than the Junkies (AM) or Chad Dukes (2PM-). They all have decent content, but I think the Junks and Dukes are more about personalities than meaningful redskins info.

Best bet is Redskins Podcast with JP Finley IMO. Their draft coverage was exceptional.

Buffalo Bob 04-29-2019 12:19 PM

I would if I could Beaverdam is just a little too far away. I need to be about 20 miles further north to pick them up. Radio reception around here is terrible. It blows my mind how weak some of the station's signals are. I moved here from Southern California where even some AM stations had a broadcasting range of a couple hundred miles. I used to like listening to Jim Rome, now the Charlottesville station he is on has a range of a measly 20 miles and I am about double that as the crow flies. I only listen to radio over the internet occasionally as I only get 15 GB data a month before I am throttled with my Verizon wireless plan.

KI Skins Fan 04-29-2019 12:31 PM

^ You're lucky to have electricity where you live.

kct1975 04-29-2019 02:45 PM

Personally I mostly listen [emoji101] to 106 WFAN for the Nationals Games and Washington Caps games.

Occasionally I will listen [emoji101] to the Sports Junkies, however I preferred to listen [emoji101] to Cooley and Kevin while driving into work, but of course that is gone now. [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ruhskins 04-29-2019 03:17 PM

106.7 The Fan is a terrible option. Their only redeeming quality is that they have both Craig Hoffman and JP Findlay on occasionally. The Junkies are basically trash, so are Chris Russell and Grant Paulsen.

I think between the John Keim Report, Cooley at the Park, and the Redskins Talk podcasts you'd be able to get good coverage on the team.

Buffalo Bob 04-29-2019 04:03 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1223019]^ You're lucky to have electricity where you live.[/quote]

That isn't that good either, the voltage drops and spikes are hard on electronics. I go through a lot of light bulbs, I have even blow up 4 microwaves, killed a handful of computer monitors and towers, two TVs. That isn't the worst of it, I have a small machine shop and my computer controlled machines do not like the power either. I did some upgrades on them so they finally can take the beating. I don't take chances anymore, when the thunderstorms come I turn the pricey stuff off.

Chief X_Phackter 04-29-2019 06:47 PM

980 is decent. I'm in the Denver area, and listen to it most mornings while working at home. You can download the app and stream the shows (ok if you are on WiFi), or they have a phone # you can call and listen without using data. I mostly listen to Doc Walker and B Mitch. They talk a lot of Redskins, but also cover all DC area sports.