Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Panthers at Redskins) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50133)

Paintrain 11-05-2012 08:26 AM

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Panthers at Redskins)

After the third and goal, I said I didn't like the fourth down play as they lined up. Poorly designed and executed.

To your list I'll add:
Tyler Polumbus-After getting praised by PFF and others for his improvement in pass blocking got simply dominated by Charles Johnson, collapsing the pocket with regularity yesterday. Any updates on Jammal Brown's progress? He was rumored to be targeting after the bye week to return to practice.

Aldrick Robinson-First play of the game, pass right through his hands. He's showing that he is not NFL caliber. He must be yet ANOTHER practice all star in the well worn tradition of too many WR who have revolved through Ashburn to name.

Ryan Kerrigan-My comments length will be a direct correlation to his impact yesterday. **crickets**

The officials-Not a reason we lost at all but several awful calls. The inadvertent whistle when Williams was at the 18 and he 'would have scored anyway' so they let it stand? The blow to the head call on Fletcher that was closer to mid chest? The holding on Williams when he extended his arm to push the rusher away from him? Some replacement official stink must have been on them.

SKINS73 11-05-2012 08:28 AM

The secondary is beyond suck, it's like a whole new level of suck. What I thought suck meant on Saturday changed dramatically to what I think suck means now when I say the secondary sucks. Can anyone explain to me why Reed Doughty is still playing? I know we need 11 guys on the defense but I really think anyone who has ever played safety would be an upgrade. D Hall and Wilson ugh. I honestly think Hall would be a decent Free Safety. Try the Wilson/Griffin CB combo with William and Hall at safety. Hall is just looking stupid when paired up with the opposing teams best WR.

Chico23231 11-05-2012 08:30 AM

[quote=SKINS73;961140]The secondary is beyond suck, it's like a whole new level of suck. What I thought suck meant on Saturday changed dramatically to what I think suck means now when I say the secondary sucks. Can anyone explain to me why Reed Doughty is still playing? I know we need 11 guys on the defense but I really think anyone who has ever played safety would be an upgrade. D Hall and Wilson ugh. I honestly think Hall would be a decent Free Safety. Try the Wilson/Griffin CB combo with William and Hall at safety. Hall is just looking stupid when paired up with the opposing teams best WR.[/quote]

100% on Shanny. Cant run from it.

KI Skins Fan 11-05-2012 08:32 AM

[quote=GTripp0012;961107]I think going for it on fourth and goal (and to be clear, I still haven't seen the play) was the right call. There may be an issue with third and fourth down plays, allowing the quarterback to get us out of plays that can't work. [B]But again, I haven't seen the play, so I'm not going to say "the call was awful[/B][B].[/B]"[/quote]

Just this once, can you trust us on this one? That play sucked!

irish 11-05-2012 08:33 AM

The Skins have to be the easiest team in the NFL to defense in the red zone. Everyone knows the only weapon the Skins have is RG3 so all a team has to do is focus the D on him because there's nobody else who's any kind of a threat. Its not the playcalling/coaching, its the lack of talent.

MTK 11-05-2012 08:40 AM

RG3 really misses Davis and Garcon. Nobody else at WR/TE have shown they are capable of stepping up and making plays on a regular basis.

SKINS73 11-05-2012 09:04 AM

[quote=Mattyk;961145]RG3 really misses Davis and Garcon. Nobody else at WR/TE have shown they are capable of stepping up and making plays on a regular basis.[/quote]

I think Paulsen has a lot of potential. Hanging onto the ball in the 4th quarter after getting crushed is something none of the WRs could dream of doing. Setting the example.

Paintrain 11-05-2012 09:04 AM

[quote=Mattyk;961145]RG3 really misses Davis and Garcon. Nobody else at WR/TE have shown they are capable of stepping up and making plays on a regular basis.[/quote]

This has been a major flaw for us for years. Why are we the only team in the NFL without a fade pattern in our playbook? Can't try a fade to Hankerson, Morgan or Dez Briscoe at least once? It used to be the excuse that we had smaller WR but now with size, what's our excuse? Let a guy make a play.

If Garçon is done for the year as some suspect, it will be a long 2nd half of the season for RG3 and the WR because safeties will start to creep closer to the line to take away that read throw. I saw Dallas run a scheme last night that could cause some issues where the MLB fakes a drop before peeling back to crush the underneath receiver.

skinsfaninok 11-05-2012 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=Paintrain;961156]This has been a major flaw for us for years. Why are we the only team in the NFL without a fade pattern in our playbook? Can't try a fade to Hankerson, Morgan or Dez Briscoe at least once? It used to be the excuse that we had smaller WR but now with size, what's our excuse? Let a guy make a play.

If Garçon is done for the year as some suspect, it will be a long 2nd half of the season for RG3 and the WR because safeties will start to creep closer to the line to take away that read throw. I saw Dallas run a scheme last night that could cause some issues where the MLB fakes a drop before peeling back to crush the underneath receiver.[/QUOTE]

If garcon isn't back after the bye Griffin will get killed. He can't do it all and now our offense is starting to fade away

Slingin Sammy 33 11-05-2012 09:15 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;961090]
[B]Kyle Shanahan:[/B] There's no excuse for marching 80 some yards down the field, converting two 4th downs; ending up at the opponent's 2 yard line and getting nothing out of it. Kyle (and Bobby Turner too I suppose since he's work with Kyle on developing the goal-line offense) has done a poor job the past few weeks in the red zone. First I would have passed on second down. But that's just a pet peeve of mine I suppose, that we have to pass more on second down. Next, of all the people to give the ball to in a tight space (i.e inside the opponents 5 yard line) the last person I give the ball to is Brandon Banks. It's not like his shiftiness is going to make a difference. He's too small in that space. If you're going to keep Banks on the team, use him right. Use him no closer than the strike zone. Finally, I think we all saw from the start the 4th down play would fail. Just awful all around.

There are plenty more but we'll start with these[/quote]More on Shanny Jr. (and by default, Daddy too). Polumbus was getting his cookies took by CJ, where was the help, RB/TE, slide protect, quick passing game? Nothing, just Polumbus getting driven back into RG3's face play, after play, after play. F the Shannys, 3 1/2 years is enough of this crap. We can go 5-11 or 6-10 with anybody.

skinsfaninok 11-05-2012 09:34 AM

I'm with you Sammy, like I've said I loved the hire but after 3 seasons we are no better than we were under Jim Zorn, it's just not as embarrassing

SmootSmack 11-05-2012 09:35 AM

[quote=SKINS73;961155]I think Paulsen has a lot of potential. Hanging onto the ball in the 4th quarter after getting crushed is something none of the WRs could dream of doing. Setting the example.[/quote]

Paulsen's solid, but he just doesn't have the skills that Davis does

MTK 11-05-2012 09:36 AM

[quote=SKINS73;961155]I think Paulsen has a lot of potential. Hanging onto the ball in the 4th quarter after getting crushed is something none of the WRs could dream of doing. Setting the example.[/quote]

He's solid, he's just not as dynamic and not the runner that Davis is after the catch.

Evilgrin 11-05-2012 09:42 AM

Panthers drop 7 in coverage, and they know the skins pass protection is suspect on longer drops also. It's been that way all year, they don't do alot of longer drop backs. Kinda made our line look better then it is, by running so much and avoiding alot of pocket time?

It feels so limited, not sure how we ended up here. Paulsen has the best hands now?

firstdown 11-05-2012 09:50 AM

No was has mentioned that RGIII made his share of high passes and balls bouncing at guys feet. He stopped several drives on just bad passes to guys wide open.