Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Come up with a new name for the Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64635)

mooby 07-03-2020 02:47 PM

Come up with a new name for the Redskins

We need a new thread on this with the inevitable coming. Enough choices and I'm sure Matty will make a poll too.

Washington Redtails (a name honoring the Tuskegee Airmen) - My personal favorite out of the group.
Washington Americans? Lame
Washington Skins? Lame
Washington Warriors? Lame
Washington Hogs? What corporate sponsor is gonna spend big on a team named the Hogs? Is our logo gonna be a big fat pig? Laaaaame
Washington Big Ballers? Lavar Ball is all over that.

sdskinsfan2001 07-03-2020 02:52 PM

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Washington Piscataway (with Tribe approval) or Washington Hogs would be my top 2.

I want something that is still associated with the team's history.

Although I wouldn't be against any name that is a tribute to our military (i.e. Redtails) or our history.

metalskins 07-03-2020 02:54 PM

Washington Warriors isn't lame. It makes the most sense and the team can virtually keep colors and logo. Essentially would be the fastest route to a change. The Redtails isn't as bad as some of the other horrific ideas I've heard.

metalskins 07-03-2020 02:56 PM

The Washington Hogs doesn't sound good at all. I realize it could be a nice nod to our beloved Buges, but it doesn't sound at all.

sdskinsfan2001 07-03-2020 02:58 PM

[quote=mooby;1253663]We need a new thread on this with the inevitable coming. Enough choices and I'm sure Matty will make a poll too.

Washington Redtails (a name honoring the Tuskegee Airmen) - My personal favorite out of the group.
Washington Americans? Lame
Washington Skins? Lame
Washington Warriors? Lame
Washington Hogs? What corporate sponsor is gonna spend big on a team named the Hogs? Is our logo gonna be a big fat pig? Laaaaame
Washington Big Ballers? Lavar Ball is all over that.[/quote]

It's an NFL team, corporations will sponsor any name especially if they're winning.

coggs 07-03-2020 03:06 PM

As an outsider, my vote would be Redtails. Keep colors and wordmark.

Question is if they would allowed to use the Tuskegee Airmen as the basis or would it have to be the red tailed hawk?

For those more aware of military history than I, is/was there any old squads that was made up completely of Native Americans whose name could be used?

metalskins 07-03-2020 03:09 PM

I know someone will mention Defenders, but that will only sound good if it's the D.C. Defenders. Washington Defenders. Nope. It's gotta mesh well with Washington. It's gotta fit together. And it's gotta be tough to make fun of. I like Warriors, because you can't really make fun of the name and it fits with Washington. It's got to give them a tough persona.

metalskins 07-03-2020 03:13 PM

[quote=coggs;1253676]As an outsider, my vote would be Redtails. Keep colors and wordmark.

For those more aware of military history than I, is/was there any old squads that was made up completely of Native Americans whose name could be used?[/quote]

I think someone on Twitter mentioned Redclouds. I didn't read the article but it fits the description of what you're asking. But to me, I can't help but to think of toilet paper when I hear that name.

Chico23231 07-03-2020 03:17 PM

Red tails sound lame

SkinzWin 07-03-2020 03:32 PM

The Washington Politics

sdskinsfan2001 07-03-2020 03:33 PM

I don't think the word "Red" or "Skins" will be in the new name.

Anything besides the Warriors please.

SkinzWin 07-03-2020 03:34 PM

I’m from Richmond and we used to have a minor league hockey team called the Renegades. I like the Washington Renegades. Could keep the burgundy and gold and keep the redskins R

FrenchSkin 07-03-2020 03:45 PM

Washington Braves.

You keep the colors.

You keep the logo.

You keep the fight song. (And extend the Ha-ail to have it fit the music).

Or a local tribe name.

httr198020 07-03-2020 03:48 PM

That will be the last day I'm a fan of this team.

mooby 07-03-2020 03:50 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1253672]It's an NFL team, corporations will sponsor any name [B]especially if they're winning[/B].[/quote]

LOL. We gotta establish the tradition of winning before we start talking about that first.