Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pre Ravens Game Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64698)

Chico23231 09-30-2020 08:11 AM

Pre Ravens Game Thread

[IMG]https://img.cinemablend.com/filter:scale/cb/0/f/e/d/e/a/a0fedea602f76d6774c9f8cbbf3c8e4e33fbfbcf0a72333d64db87e738aed7600.jpg?mw=600[/IMG]

skinsfaninok 09-30-2020 08:35 AM

Re: Pre Ravens Game Thread

I'd love for an upset to happen, but there is no chance we beat them with no QB.

Ravens - 35
Team - 14

Chico23231 09-30-2020 09:15 AM

I think Haskins will bounce back this week and is motivated. I really think we should run a little more this week and loosen up the defense, don’t put it all on Haskins. We have to put together drives and offensive sequences to help the defense...3 and outs multiple times in a row will lose games.

Defensively, Settle playing over Matty I should help stop in the run game. I think we compete stopping and containing their run game. I don’t fear their pass catchers.

I think it will be closer than people think

skinsfan69 09-30-2020 09:28 AM

Just keep losing so we have a chance at Fields or Lawrence.

punch it in 09-30-2020 09:37 AM

Crapkins is going to be rattled the likes we have never seen. Ravens 42 WFT 9

skinsfaninok 09-30-2020 09:47 AM

[quote=punch it in;1260802]Crapkins is going to be rattled the likes we have never seen. Ravens 42 WFT 9[/quote]

Yeah man, I have zero faith in him right now.. People comparing him to Josh Allen in his 2nd year starting (Last yr for Allen) Josh helped lead his team to the playoffs lol, there is no comparison.

Chico23231 09-30-2020 09:49 AM

I think Haskins isn’t gonna get rattled by last week and is way more competitive than he gets credit for. I don’t see him sulking this week, think he is gonna focus and work hard

skinsfaninok 09-30-2020 09:51 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1260804]I think Haskins isn’t gonna get rattled by last week and is way more competitive than he gets credit for. I don’t see him sulking this week, think he is gonna focus and work hard[/quote]

If he leads us to victory I'll venmo you $20 to buy a cs of beer

MTK 09-30-2020 09:53 AM

This is a matchup where if we played them 10 times it wouldn’t even be a close game in probably 7 of them.

Ravens 30
WFT 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 09-30-2020 09:54 AM

[quote=MTK;1260806]This is a matchup where if we played them 10 times it wouldn’t even be a close game in probably 7 of them.

Ravens 30
WFT 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yeah I agree, and it'll be like that next week as well with the Rams

punch it in 09-30-2020 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1260805]If he leads us to victory I'll venmo you $20 to buy a cs of beer[/QUOTE]

I will match your 20.

skinsfaninok 09-30-2020 10:01 AM

[quote=punch it in;1260808]i will match your 20.[/quote]

lol

Redskins247 09-30-2020 10:12 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1260796]I think Haskins will bounce back this week and is motivated. I really think we should run a little more this week and loosen up the defense, don’t put it all on Haskins. We have to put together drives and offensive sequences to help the defense...3 and outs multiple times in a row will lose games.

Defensively, Settle playing over Matty I should help stop in the run game. I think we compete stopping and containing their run game. I don’t fear their pass catchers.

I think it will be closer than people think[/quote]

I think the only way this game is close, is if our D is able to contain Jackson and their run game the way the Chiefs did...AND our running game is very effective, so that DH only has to hit some quick hit throws...which is really the only way he can be trusted right now. Otherwise...no contest. Tall order for both our coordinators.

Chico23231 09-30-2020 10:15 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1260807]Yeah I agree, and it'll be like that next week as well with the Rams[/quote]

Rams IMO, much tougher matchup for our defense.

If y’all want to send me money, I’ll take it!

skinsfaninok 09-30-2020 10:23 AM

Chase Young is out Sunday according to NFLN

calia 09-30-2020 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1260815]Chase Young is out Sunday according to NFLN[/QUOTE]

This might dampen your optimism Chico.

Chico23231 09-30-2020 10:55 AM

[quote=calia;1260819]This might dampen your optimism Chico.

Why can’t it be Landon Collins?

Yup best player on defense out is yuggggge

skinsfan69 09-30-2020 11:11 AM

The game could get out of hand Sun so maybe we see our old friend RG.

Meks 09-30-2020 12:45 PM

i've seen this movie before - it was called Kyler Murray.

40-13

Meks 09-30-2020 12:46 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1260824]The game could get out of hand Sun so maybe we see our old friend RG.[/quote]

The ravens would still blow us out.

Chico23231 09-30-2020 01:12 PM

Let’s have a lil faith. I think these ravens are overrated on both sides of the ball.

Let’s come out and really throw a punch on offense. Trick play, multiple deep shots first quarter, etc

FrenchSkin 09-30-2020 01:58 PM

I don't see us having a shot.

If it ends up being a slightly competitive game, it's a win for us.

What I'd like to see:

[I][U]Haskins making less mistakes[/U][/I] so our defense doesn't get short fields all day
[I][U]OL continuing to improve[/U][/I] both in the passing and running game
[I][U]Young WRs[/U][/I] making some plays (Terry, Wright, AGG)
[I][U]Apke[/U][/I] not missing tackle and taking good angles [U]OR[/U] [I][U]Everett[/U][/I] starting in his place
[I][U]Defense[/U][/I] making some stops against the run and [I][U]containing Lamar[/U][/I] inside the pocket in the passing game

skinsfaninok 09-30-2020 03:35 PM

[url]https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/michael-lombardi-ron-rivera-will-lose-his-team-if-he-keeps-dwayne-haskins?fbclid=IwAR1QTWrhgv-nOmPvBBhsQpXZLx1W34voorw--_TWCdEJ7_OTZJHMs88O-OM[/url]

"The players know," Lombardi said. "When you affect the players' life in terms of them not being able to win because the quarterback is not good enough, you're going to lose the team."

Lombardi cited the current situation in Chicago -- where Matt Nagy benched Mitch Trubisky for Nick Foles despite the Bears starting 2-0 -- as an example of a head coach knowing he would lose his locker room had he not made the switch.

"It was going on in Chicago with Matt Nagy. Why do you think he changed quarterbacks? He was as patient as he could be," Lombardi said. "That's Rivera's problem right now. He's worried about losing his football team."

MTK 09-30-2020 03:47 PM

Trubisky has 44 career starts vs 10 for Dwayne. It’s not a good comparison at all.

Defensewins 09-30-2020 05:37 PM

I know we most will likely will lose to a better team.
I just want to see Dwayne show he can take what he is learning during the week and displays it in the game, I will be ok with him.
Some sacks and turnovers are not always the QB's fault. However if he reverts back to panic, happy feet, jump and throw, throw off his back foot shit from last week, I want him benched. Plain and simple. Just show some improved footwork, thoughtful drop backs and set a solid base to throw from. That is all..if nothing else....the rest doesn't matter at this point.

punch it in 09-30-2020 06:58 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1260813]Rams IMO, much tougher matchup for our defense.

If y’all want to send me money, I’ll take it![/QUOTE]

We dont wanna send ya money, we want Crapkins to lead us to victory. Your just the beneficiary if such things happen. Im pretty sure you will be receiving no brew from me or Okie. Hell yeah if ya do though!

punch it in 09-30-2020 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1260839]Let’s have a lil faith. I think these ravens are overrated on both sides of the ball.

Let’s come out and really throw a PUNCH IT IN on offense. Trick play, multiple deep shots first quarter, etc[/QUOTE]

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

punch it in 09-30-2020 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1260850]Trubisky has 44 career starts vs 10 for Dwayne. It’s not a good comparison at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

No it isn’t. Because Haskins will never make it to his 44th start.

DynamiteRave 09-30-2020 07:09 PM

Issa blowout. We’ll continue to suck against mobile QB. Jackson puts up 50+ rushing yards. Haskins throws 2 INTs

Ravens - 38
Skins - 13

FrenchSkin 09-30-2020 07:11 PM

[quote=MTK;1260850]Trubisky has 44 career starts vs 10 for Dwayne. It’s not a good comparison at all.

Well, I agree it is not from a situation stand point.

But talking about the idea that a coach can lose a locker room if players feel they'd have a better chance to win with the guy that is not on the field, then the situation doesn't matter, if players want to win now they don't care that much about draft position and long term strategy.

Now where I don't think it's an issue (yet), is that I don't see Allen giving us a much better chance of winning now that Haskins, but I do see the potential upside Haskins could have on Allen if he develops well.

So no point in benching Haskins IMO... but I could see frustration from the locker room if it became obvious Allen gave them a better chance of winning.

Meks 09-30-2020 08:01 PM

The injury report sucks ass this week 😠

AnonEmouse 10-01-2020 08:00 AM

[quote=Meks;1260868]The injury report sucks ass this week 😠[/quote]
It sucks most weeks unless its blank. Next man up may as well be the league motto this year!

AnonEmouse 10-01-2020 08:08 AM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1260864]Well, I agree it is not from a situation stand point.

But talking about the idea that a coach can lose a locker room if players feel they'd have a better chance to win with the guy that is not on the field, then the situation doesn't matter, if players want to win now they don't care that much about draft position and long term strategy.

Now where I don't think it's an issue (yet), is that I don't see Allen giving us a much better chance of winning now that Haskins, but I do see the potential upside Haskins could have on Allen if he develops well.

So no point in benching Haskins IMO... but I could see frustration from the locker room if it became obvious Allen gave them a better chance of winning.[/quote]

I think that depends on how the locker room view Haskins this week compared to week 1. There are not that many in that room can Turnaround and say their level of play has exceeded his, at least not greatly. RBs are not getting years, OL are not making blocks, WRs not getting open, whole D largely disappeared week 2 and S play has been spotty (to put it mildly). So aside from a shortlist of names, anyone pointing fingers should be self evaluating too.

So I agree Haskins has to be given chance to improve. I think RRs statement this week was to make sure that everyone knew he wasn't giving Haskins carte blanche to keep fucking up and his patience is wearing thin, but he's still got some patience left.

rocnrik 10-01-2020 08:12 AM

Haskins says he does not think he starred down receivers .. so I guess none of us know jack about football .. for him to say that tells me he does not get it and he will never ever become a legit Starter .. I’m very disappointed in him saying that ..

MTK 10-01-2020 08:22 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1260879]Haskins says he does not think he starred down receivers .. so I guess none of us know jack about football .. for him to say that tells me he does not get it and he will never ever become a legit Starter .. I’m very disappointed in him saying that ..[/quote]

@JPFinlayNBCS
Dwayne Haskins says he "cant get caught up staring at a receiver" when teams are playing zone coverage and watching his eyes. Haskins said he was trying to look guys off and it didnt work

irish 10-01-2020 08:24 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1260879]Haskins says he does not think he starred down receivers .. so I guess none of us know jack about football .. for him to say that tells me he does not get it and he will never ever become a legit Starter .. I’m very disappointed in him saying that ..[/quote]

I would say that Haskins knows more about football that 100% of the people on this site. I could be wrong but I don't think anyone on this site was drafted by or played for an NFL team.

I have no problem with Haskins saying or thinking that because that could very well be his current perception. As Tiger Woods says "Feel ain't real." That's why players watch film and have coaches that can help them realize what they feel isn't real and correct it.

WCommandersfan99 10-01-2020 09:05 AM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1260863]Issa blowout. We’ll continue to suck against mobile QB. Jackson puts up 50+ rushing yards. Haskins throws 2 INTs

Ravens - 38
Skins - 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]I sure hope this doesn't happen. We have to start seeing improvement from Haskins/the offense in some form. His fundamentals/accuracy issues are frustrating. Considering we're at home would love to see the progress we need to see from him.

skinsfaninok 10-01-2020 09:45 AM

[quote=irish;1260884]I would say that Haskins knows more about football that 100% of the people on this site. I could be wrong but I don't think anyone on this site was drafted by or played for an NFL team.

I have no problem with Haskins saying or thinking that because that could very well be his current perception. As Tiger Woods says "Feel ain't real." That's why players watch film and have coaches that can help them realize what they feel isn't real and correct it.[/quote]

Eh, you'd be surprised.. You don't have to play in the NFL to understand positions

Chico23231 10-01-2020 09:55 AM

Haskins demeanor this year has improved...I think that’s a coach Ron impact.

I seriously think Haskins will play much better this week. I’m impressed with his maturity and competitiveness. That won’t win games but affects how he takes coaching. Anybody remember RG3? He was the worst in terms of attitude...dan gets an assist here

KI Skins Fan 10-01-2020 10:02 AM

[quote=AnonEmouse;1260876]So I agree Haskins has to be given chance to improve. I think RRs statement this week was to make sure that everyone knew he wasn't giving Haskins carte blanche to keep fucking up and his patience is wearing thin, but he's still got some patience left.[/quote]

Rivera also made it clear that if the division opponents continue to lose that he may switch gears and try to win the division. If that happens, the Haskins project will be postponed and Haskins will sit.

Here's a thought for you: What if Rivera decides to go with Alex Smith at QB instead of Kyle Allen? Who's going to complain then?

p.s. The thought of Smith playing and taking hits on the leg he injured so severely frightens me. Yet he is a football player and he's on the active roster so Rivera could decide to use him.