Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The long overdue nail in the coffin for Brunell.. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19341)

RMSkins 08-18-2007 11:48 PM

Re: The long overdue nail in the coffin for Brunell..

[quote=skinsguy;341193]Maybe because it is FREAKIN' PRESEASON!!!!!!!! UGH!!!![/quote]
Exactly it's pretty bad when Brunell can't do anything against teams 3rd string defenders.

70Chip 08-18-2007 11:48 PM

[quote=Grim21Reaper;341189]
It was classic when he started out with the wide receiver screen.

[/quote]

Brunell calls his own plays now. Campbell just said he "Thanks God" that his injury isn't too serious. Another Bible Thumper.

skinsguy 08-18-2007 11:50 PM

[QUOTE=RMSkins;341197]Exactly it's pretty bad when Brunell can't do anything against teams 3rd string defenders.[/QUOTE]

I see you still haven't found that link yet. Having trouble using google?

jsarno 08-18-2007 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=EARTHQUAKE2689;341191]I am drinking but I am coming down a bit know. Still pissed though. Not that we lost the way we lost. Havent given up a pre-season TD and we lost WTF.[/QUOTE]

Take the good with the bad. They are showing good signs. Enjoy them, and hope the good will roll over to the regular season.

skinsguy 08-18-2007 11:52 PM

[QUOTE=70Chip;341198]Brunell calls his own plays now. Campbell just said he "Thanks God" that his injury isn't too serious. Another Bible Thumper.[/QUOTE]

What does being a Christian have to do with anything? I take strong offense to that.

MTK 08-18-2007 11:52 PM

[quote=70Chip;341198]Brunell calls his own plays now. Campbell just said he "Thanks God" that his injury isn't too serious. Another Bible Thumper.[/quote]

What does that have to do with anything??

DynamiteRave 08-18-2007 11:54 PM

[quote=skinsguy;341205]What does being a Christian have to do with anything? I take strong offense to that.[/quote]

My folks are Christian. But I don't practice. But I too can't help but be a little weirded out by the fact that some people seem to have a problem with the God thing.

This isn't the seperation of church and state here, if he wants to thank God or Satan or the Boogeyman in under his bed, I think he can.

jsarno 08-18-2007 11:54 PM

[QUOTE=70Chip;341198]Brunell calls his own plays now. Campbell just said he "Thanks God" that his injury isn't too serious. Another Bible Thumper.[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness, get over it. jeesh.

To me, saying things like this is worse. Cause Campbell isn't trying to push his religion on you, but by you calling him a bible thumper, you're trying to push your views on us...no matter how right or wrong you are.
So let's keep religion to a religious thread. I shouldn't have to listen to your agnostic crap while talking about Brunell.

GTripp0012 08-18-2007 11:55 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;341191]I am drinking but I am coming down a bit know. Still pissed though. Not that we lost the way we lost. Havent given up a pre-season TD and we lost WTF.[/quote]Brunell played three drives.

And the two QBs in front of him played relatively well. Time to start looking elsewhere for the offensive problems. QB will not be a problem this year for us, and save Campbell's first few starts last season (which of course are no longer relavant), really hasn't been a consistent problem for us since 2004.

Offensive line is a pretty big question mark, Clinton Portis' knee too, and our receiver depth is pretty bad. We dont, however, have a Quarterback problem.

Skins4lifeDVM 08-18-2007 11:56 PM

Does anyone else feel like a fine is in order for that "cheap shot"!!

70Chip 08-18-2007 11:57 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;341206]What does that have to do with anything??[/quote]

I was being sarcastic. It relates to the first post in this thread. "Putting the bible on the back burner". There are some who think Brunell got a free ride because he was religous but they seem to completely miss the fact that Campbell is also religous. We've been over this and I made my anti-antireligous position clear.

RMSkins 08-18-2007 11:57 PM

[quote=skinsguy;341202]I see you still haven't found that link yet. Having trouble using google?[/quote]
[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/15/AR2007081502503.html]washingtonpost.com[/url]
Although it does not say Brunell has been demoted, it shows that Gibbs is not set on Brunell being the back up QB.

EARTHQUAKE2689 08-18-2007 11:57 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;341213]Brunell played three drives.

And the two QBs in front of him played relatively well. Time to start looking elsewhere for the offensive problems. QB will not be a problem this year for us, and save Campbell's first few starts last season (which of course are no longer relavant), really hasn't been a consistent problem for us since 2004.

Offensive line is a pretty big question mark, Clinton Portis' knee too, and our receiver depth is pretty bad. We dont, however, have a Quarterback problem.[/quote]

i am ok Gtripp when I am mad I dont think Rationally

GTripp0012 08-18-2007 11:57 PM

[quote=RMSkins;341197]Exactly it's pretty bad when Brunell can't do anything against teams 3rd string defenders.[/quote]I never even had heard of the guys he was completing passes to. And my football names base is really, really deep to toot my own horn.

MTK 08-18-2007 11:58 PM

[quote=70Chip;341218]I was being sarcastic. It relates to the first post in this thread. "Putting the bible on the back burner". There are some who think Brunell got a free ride because he was religous but they seem to completely miss the fact that Campbell is also religous. We've been over this and I made my anti-antireligous position clear.[/quote]

alright, tough to tell especially with the way some people are.