Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Update: Chris Henry Dies Following Car Accident (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34114)

InsaneBoost 12-16-2009 05:57 PM

Update: Chris Henry Dies Following Car Accident

According to the RedskinsInsider via twitter.

[QUOTE]Bengals' Chris Henry suffers "very serious" injuries in auto accident in Charlotte, N.C., according to the team.[/QUOTE]

SmootSmack 12-16-2009 06:13 PM

re: Update: Chris Henry Dies Following Car Accident

Word I'm hearing is he didn't make it and has passed away. If true, RIP Chris Henry. But I've also heard critical condition with serious head injuries, so let's keep hope alive until there's confirmation otherwise

Reportedly was involved in a domestic dispute and thrown from the back of a pick-up truck

MTK 12-16-2009 06:16 PM

[url=http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/bengals-chris-henry-in-car-crash-injuries-very-serious/]Bengals Chris Henry In Car Crash, Injuries “Very Serious”[/url]

InsaneBoost 12-16-2009 06:21 PM

NFL.com is only reporting 'very serious injuries' at this moment, hopefully it's that rather than death.

SmootSmack 12-16-2009 06:31 PM

[url=http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/Bengals-WR-Henry-Seriously-Injured-In-Accident/B-5QfTwSv0O5ZLJBsE2-pw.cspx]Bengals WR Henry Seriously Injured In Accident - Cincinnati breaking news, weather radar, traffic from 9News | Channel 9 WCPO.com[/url]

When officers arrived, they found Henry, 26, laying in the road, apparently suffering from life-threatening injuries. Medics transported him to the Carolinas Medical Center. His condition has not been released.

Based on information gathered by police at the scene, a domestic situation began at a residence on Peachtree Road. According to police, his fiance got into a pickup truck and drove away from the residence. As she was driving away, Henry jumped into the bed of the truck. Police say at some point when his fiance was driving, Henry fell out of the back of the truck.

InsaneBoost 12-16-2009 06:33 PM

WOW. That is definitely not good. Wonder if she was trying to get him to fall out of the back of the truck.

budw38 12-16-2009 07:05 PM

Hope for the best , hate to see anyone get hurt or worse .

skinsfaninok 12-16-2009 07:08 PM

We as fans have obviously gone through this with Sean Taylor.. Although different circumstances, you can only hope for the best for this guy.. He is a Talented player that is trying to Clean up his act..

mlmdub130 12-16-2009 07:10 PM

hope he is ok

skinsfaninok 12-16-2009 07:28 PM

[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/16/chris-henry-is-on-life-support/"]Chris Henry is on life support | ProFootballTalk.com[/URL]

SolidSnake84 12-16-2009 07:32 PM

Man this sucks...even when its players from teams you don't like, we are all human beings first....this seriously sucks...and brings back bad memories of the ST ordeal...We need to pray for Chris

mlmdub130 12-16-2009 07:36 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;640752][URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/16/chris-henry-is-on-life-support/"]Chris Henry is on life support | ProFootballTalk.com[/URL][/quote]

that really sucks it sounds like he might be brain dead i really hope he is ok, he has kept his nose clean this year, no matter what it's sad to see some one so young have things like this happen, keep fighting chris

budw38 12-16-2009 07:45 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;640753]Man this sucks...even when its players from teams you don't like, we are all human beings first....this seriously sucks...and brings back bad memories of the ST ordeal...We need to pray for Chris[/quote]
Well said .

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 12-16-2009 08:01 PM

Say a prayer for him. It's situations like these that make me realize just how unimportant football is.

dmek25 12-16-2009 08:05 PM

may god bless him and his family. sounds like he is going to need it

TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS 12-16-2009 08:15 PM

sad news...i hope he pulls through.

Smooter 12-16-2009 08:16 PM

God bless him.

Longtimefan 12-16-2009 08:20 PM

This is a very sad situation. My prayers are with you Chris Henry and the Henry family.

Hog1 12-16-2009 08:30 PM

God bless Chris Henry, and give his family peace.........

47FAN 12-16-2009 08:31 PM

hope he pulls through.....................................

mlmpetert 12-16-2009 08:37 PM

Very sad news. I was enjoying hearing about him turning his life around, and watching the Bengals run.

I hoping for the best for him and his family.........

warpaint 12-16-2009 09:25 PM

I sure hope he pulls through with a full recovery. May god bless Chris and his family.

Riggo44 12-16-2009 09:31 PM

What a sad case of events. My prayers go out to the Henry family. I hope he can pull through this.

mooby 12-16-2009 10:00 PM

I hope he makes it. I know I don't want another situation similar to what happened with S.T. going on. I know he was characterized as a miscontent player early on his career what with all the arrests but I also believed he was capitalizing on his second chance with the Bengals before he broke his arm.

Also the last report I've heard on ESPN is that he's in serious condition. Nothing about life support or being pronounced dead so hopefully that's a good sign.

Gmanc711 12-16-2009 10:00 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;640776]Very sad news. I was enjoying hearing about him turning his life around, and watching the Bengals run.

I hoping for the best for him and his family.........[/quote]

Yeah... Reminds you of a guy in Washington a couple years ago...

I hope this turns out for the best...

tryfuhl 12-16-2009 11:13 PM

Wow; hope he turns out okay. Pretty crazy to jump into the back of a moving vehicle, but the heat of the moment can make us do some crazy stuff.

mlmdub130 12-16-2009 11:25 PM

[I]"I don't live the way I did in the past," Henry said, in an interview with The Associated Press during training camp. "I kind of plan my days out and take it one day at a time and stay away from the wrong people. I'm not partying anymore. I'm just focused on football right now and my family. I don't associate with the same people. I've completely changed everything."[/I]

man this sounds way to familiar i hope he hangs tough

pg86 12-16-2009 11:29 PM

Omg...this sounds familiar...not good at all man at first I didnt think it was anything series then the ticker on my news thing popped up. I hope he pulls through and what does the news mean found in the street NO ONE called the paramedics for him the moment he fell out the truck?!?!?

pg86 12-17-2009 01:12 AM

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/16/homicide-detective-investigate-henry-accident-scene/]Homicide detective investigate Henry accident scene | ProFootballTalk.com[/url]

Thats really not good...I hope the investigation by that section won't be necessary

GMScud 12-17-2009 02:22 AM

Apparently he's fighting for his life and his family is heading to the hospital. How terrible. I hope he makes it, but apparently it's serious head injuries.

Skinny Tee 12-17-2009 05:24 AM

[quote=GMScud;640828]Apparently he's fighting for his life and his family is heading to the hospital. How terrible. I hope he makes it, but apparently it's serious head injuries.[/quote]
Unfortunately serious head injuries isn't something you can come back from. You might live but you'll probably be a much different person than you used to be. No matter it looks like what he used to be will have passed after this.

Wish this guy and his family luck after this.

SmootSmack 12-17-2009 07:22 AM

So tragic on so many levels. If he doesn't get hurt against the Ravens (I think) then he's probably not even in Charlotte and is practicing with the team. Reminds you of Taylor being home instead of traveling with the team.

Also, think of this-domestic dispute followed by a car accident. Just two weeks ago we were all essentially joking about this with Tiger. Who would have thought something similar and much more tragic would happen again.

Tough, tough year for the Bengals in spite of their on-field success. First Mike Zimmer's wife passes away suddenly and now this with Chris Henry.

12thMan 12-17-2009 07:29 AM

Eerily familiar with Sean. I hope Chris pulls through.

Longtimefan 12-17-2009 08:07 AM

The latest reports are that homicide is involved. If that's the case his life may be in jepordy. I'm interested in knowing how he happened to come off of the truck.

Monkeydad 12-17-2009 08:22 AM

Not completely...Sean was protecting his family, Henry was apparently fighting with his.

Regardless, hope he pulls through for his family's sake.

RobH4413 12-17-2009 08:32 AM

Prayers go to Chris and his family. Simply tragic. No other words. Really praying for him to pull through here...

Jamaican'Skin 12-17-2009 08:39 AM

I was truly saddened to hear the news. I'm hoping for the best for him, and have his family in my prayers.

SolidSnake84 12-17-2009 08:42 AM

She was deliberatley trying to throw him off....if he dies she should be charged with homicide....

Nomad 12-17-2009 08:48 AM

It's not looking good for him, and isn't strange, seems like Sean all over, he changes his life around and now this? Really Sad

RobH4413 12-17-2009 08:57 AM

[quote=SolidSnake84;640922]She was deliberatley trying to throw him off....if he dies she should be charged with homicide....[/quote]

A little preemptive on this one aren't we?