Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: Peyton Manning Needs 2nd Neck Surgery (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43874)

Monkeydad 09-09-2011 11:02 AM

Re: Report: Peyton Manning Needs 2nd Neck Surgery

[quote=sandtrapjack;832409]Adam Schefter just TWEETED that Peyton had a [B]cervical fusion [/B]procedure done this morning it is a 2-3 month recovery period. They are waiting word if they will place him on IR.[/quote]
I had no idea Peyton was a woman. I'm even more impressed now.

MTK 09-09-2011 11:26 AM

Cervical spine is your neck. I'm sure you're aware of that.

Monkeydad 09-09-2011 12:36 PM

Of course.

Just following up a santrapjack post with a stupid joke, that's all.

JoeRedskin 09-10-2011 12:54 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;832329]He was injured before that contract. A bit different than a injury after it's signed. We really don't know unless we see the details of the contract. I couldn't imagine them not having language to cover that serious neck injury. Then again, they have insurance for stuff like this.[/quote]

Apparently, the contract does contain an out clause, but it looks like it applies only to a portion of the bonus:

[quote]Manning signed a five-year, $90 million deal at the end of July, but if he never plays again after undergoing a third neck fusion procedure, the Colts would pay Manning $26 million this year, and there are two separate clauses for $28 million for next year - one for the Colts exercising Manning's option bonus and another for declining it.[/quote]

[url=http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Manning-contract-has-out-clause-for-Colts.html]Manning contract has out clause for Colts | National Football Post[/url]

So, as I read the article, it looks like Manning gets 26 millon this year but may not get anything else.

(Sidenote: I know Manning is uber talented and deserves to be paid at the top of his craft, but, sometimes, I stop and think of these numbers and it just boggles my mind).

NC_Skins 09-10-2011 12:57 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;833069](Sidenote: I know Manning is uber talented and deserves to be paid at the top of his craft, but, sometimes, I stop and think of these numbers and it just boggles my mind).[/quote]

That money is a drop in the bucket when you add up all the sales from merchandise, tickets, etc that Peyton drummed up for the Colts. Probably wouldn't even equal .01% of the total profits.

CRedskinsRule 09-10-2011 01:34 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;833071]That money is a drop in the bucket when you add up all the sales from merchandise, tickets, etc that Peyton drummed up for the Colts. Probably wouldn't even equal .01% of the total profits.[/quote]

And the 26Million doesn't include any of Peyton's take from Jersey sales, ad revenues etc. The simple point is that that number is mindboggling seems to be a simple point indeed, regardless of everything else involved.

NC_Skins 09-10-2011 01:40 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;833089]And the 26Million doesn't include any of Peyton's take from Jersey sales, ad revenues etc. The simple point is that that number is mindboggling seems to be a simple point indeed, regardless of everything else involved.[/quote]

lol. Peyton doesn't get a take in those sales. Not sure where you ever got that. This isn't like movie stars/directors that get a % of the dvd/box office sales. Like I said, in the grand scheme of things, it's not mind boggling. The overall number being made on the other hand probably is.

SmootSmack 09-10-2011 04:34 PM

So...these Mallet rumors...I'm guessing they're not true or slightly exaggerated...but who knows

CRedskinsRule 09-10-2011 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=NC_Skins;833094]lol. Peyton doesn't get a take in those sales. Not sure where you ever got that. This isn't like movie stars/directors that get a % of the dvd/box office sales. Like I said, in the grand scheme of things, it's not mind boggling. The overall number being made on the other hand probably is.[/QUOTE]

Players absolutely get takes on the jersey sales, arrington had a huge fuss because he wouldn't agree to the agreed upon split, and the ads I was talking about were peytons individual ads. You think he does the sony commercials for free? Come on.

GTripp0012 09-10-2011 04:58 PM

I would not be shocked if we saw Peyton Manning this season, but it would mean that the Colts were in the middle of the playoff hunt around Thanksgiving. I don't exactly trust the Texans or Jags but...boy, if Collins has the Colts in the middle of that playoff race, those teams are crapping the bed, even by their own standards.

NC_Skins 09-10-2011 05:20 PM

[B][U]YOU WERE RIGHT CREDSKINS! I WANT YOU TO KNOW SO THE WORLD CAN SEE.[/U][/B] (happy now Lotus??)

[quote=CRedskinsRule;833111]Players absolutely get takes on the jersey sales, arrington had a huge fuss because he wouldn't agree to the agreed upon split, and the ads I was talking about were peytons individual ads. You think he does the sony commercials for free? Come on.[/quote]

The money you are talking about is so small dude compared to the overall picture. Also, those Sony commercials are his personal endorsement that isn't NFL related. I'm talking about the money the Colts have brought in (due to his play) from ticket sales, concessions, parking, merchandise. That 26 mil is NOTHING compared to the overall money they've brought in.

[quote]The players union receives 8.5 percent of each jersey's wholesale price, and players receive 75 percent of that amount; wholesale prices are roughly half of the retail price.[/quote]
[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/17/sports/football/17nfl.html]Players Can Pick a Number, but Not Any Number - New York Times[/url]

^^ Peanuts.

Lotus 09-10-2011 05:38 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;833094]lol. Peyton doesn't get a take in those sales. Not sure where you ever got that. This isn't like movie stars/directors that get a % of the dvd/box office sales. Like I said, in the grand scheme of things, it's not mind boggling. The overall number being made on the other hand probably is.[/quote]

[quote=CRedskinsRule;833111]Players absolutely get takes on the jersey sales, arrington had a huge fuss because he wouldn't agree to the agreed upon split, and the ads I was talking about were peytons individual ads. You think he does the sony commercials for free? Come on.[/quote]

:doh: :doh: :doh:

NC_Skins, CRed showed where you were wrong. Please just man up and admit that you were wrong. Man up, dude.

NC_Skins 09-10-2011 05:53 PM

[quote=Lotus;833124]:doh: :doh: :doh:

NC_Skins, CRed showed where you were wrong. Please just man up and admit that you were wrong. Man up, dude.[/quote]

Are you going to follow me around the rest of my time here? Since you want to jump in the conversation, you'll notice he was implying that it was some grand number. I've admitted when I was wrong, otherwise I wouldn't have posted the link proving he was right. The moment he said it the second time, I googled it and found out I was wrong. I didn't need you pointing it out.

[url=http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS371&=&q=nfl+player+percentage+jersey+sales&btnG=Google+Search&oq=nfl+player+percentage+jersey+sales&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=783l783l0l2652l1l1l0l0l0l0l92l92l1l1l0]nfl player percentage jersey sales - Google Search[/url]

As you can see, after I backed up his statement about the jersey sales(first link on that google search), and THEN I go on to show that it's peanuts, so it's not even relevant int he discussion about his money. I"m trying not to be a asshole, but people like you are making it very hard. Don't you have some faux terrorist attack you need to be adverting?

[quote][QUOTE=CRedskinsRule;833089]And the 26Million doesn't include any of Peyton's take from Jersey sales, ad revenues etc. The simple point is that that number is mindboggling seems to be a simple point indeed, regardless of everything else involved.[/quote]
[/QUOTE]

AS I ****ING SAID. It's a small number in the grand scheme of things. You want to combine that 26 million + 500k in jersey sales to the amount of money the Colts brought in revenue?

Some of you will argue just to ****ing argue.

SkinzWin 09-10-2011 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=NC_Skins;833127]
AS I ****ING SAID. It's a small number in the grand scheme of things. You want to combine that 26 million + 500k in jersey sales to the amount of money the Colts brought in revenue?

[B]Some of you will argue just to ****ing argue[/B].[/QUOTE]

Woman's prerogative. Just ask Peyton, he did just have cervical surgery. Rim shot please....

NC_Skins 09-10-2011 06:00 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;833109]So...these Mallet rumors...I'm guessing they're not true or slightly exaggerated...but who knows[/quote]

What mallet rumors?

SkinzWin 09-10-2011 06:01 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;833129]What mallet rumors?[/quote]

I was about to ask the same thing... Enlighten the unenlightened SS?

JoeRedskin 09-10-2011 06:03 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;833127][B]Some of you will argue just to ****ing argue.[/B][/quote]

Said the kettle to the pot.

My only point is that getting 26 million to sign your name is mind boggling to me - a guy who might make 1/13 of that in 40 years of work. Yes, 26M is tiny to the even more mind boggling numbers of the industry as a whole. That comparison wasn't, however, my point.

Can we just agree that 26 million is a big f'ing pile of money?

NC_Skins 09-10-2011 06:03 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;833128]Woman's prerogative. Just ask Peyton, he did just have cervical surgery. Rim shot please....[/quote]

Well played sir.

NC_Skins 09-10-2011 06:07 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;833131]Said the kettle to the pot.

My only point is that getting 26 million to sign your name is mind boggling to me - a guy who might make 1/13 of that in 40 years of work. Yes, 26M is tiny to the even more mind boggling numbers of the industry as a whole. That comparison wasn't, however, my point.

Can we just agree that 26 million is a big f'ing pile of money?[/quote]

To us ordinary people yes, but the picture is much larger than just that. Hell, his endorsements are pretty much matching his salary.

[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/fortunate50/2009/index.html?cnn=yes]SI.com - The Fortunate 50[/url]

Well, they were up until this contract.

JoeRedskin 09-10-2011 06:13 PM

^^^^ argghhhhh. I am an ordinary person and 26 million to sign your name is mind boggling to me - it was a simple point. Jesus f'ing Christ. --- Now, please, respond so you can once a - f'ing - gain have the last f'ing word. Christ almighty.

SkinzWin 09-10-2011 06:15 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;833137]^^^^ argghhhhh. I am an ordinary person and 26 million to sign your name is mind boggling to me - it was a simple point. Jesus f'ing Christ. --- Now, please, respond so you can once a - f'ing - gain have the last f'ing word. Christ almighty.[/quote]

That's a lot of Jesus for one post Joe. And I don't think you were talking about Clipboard Jesus.

NC_Skins 09-10-2011 06:21 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;833137]^^^^ argghhhhh. I am an ordinary person and 26 million to sign your name is mind boggling to me - it was a simple point. Jesus f'ing Christ. --- Now, please, respond so you can once a - f'ing - gain have the last f'ing word. Christ almighty.[/quote]

Chill the **** out dude. Seriously though. Why do you give a **** what Peyton makes? I'd rather him have it than some rich assholes sitting in a box not doing a damn thing. Stop thinking so small minded.

SkinzWin 09-10-2011 06:25 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;833140]Chill the **** out dude. Seriously though. Why do you give a **** what Peyton makes? I'd rather him have it than some rich assholes sitting in a box not doing a damn thing. Stop thinking so small minded.[/quote]

LOL ^^^ Last word Joe. Or shall you continue? Find out on the next season of "NC and JOE Argue a lot and Say Lots of Curse Words and Stuff on the Warpath Message Board". Right after "16 and Pregnant" on MTV. Check local listings in your area for times.

CRedskinsRule 09-10-2011 06:30 PM

I have it figured out. NC_Skins is in fact, De Smith. And of course he wants players to get every penny +.

SkinzWin 09-10-2011 06:36 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;833142]I have it figured out. NC_Skins is in fact, De Smith. And of course he wants players to get every penny +.[/quote]

You are wise beyond your years. YOU must be Vinny Cerrato... LOL

Juuuuuuuussttttt kidding....

CRedskinsRule 09-10-2011 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=SkinzWin;833143]You are wise beyond your years. YOU must be Vinny Cerrato... LOL

Juuuuuuuussttttt kidding....[/QUOTE]

Dang man, that's a low blow:

LOL

Lotus 09-10-2011 06:56 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;833127]Are you going to follow me around the rest of my time here? Since you want to jump in the conversation, you'll notice he was implying that it was some grand number. I've admitted when I was wrong, otherwise I wouldn't have posted the link proving he was right. As you can see, after I backed up his statement about the jersey sales, and THEN I go on to show that it's peanuts, so it's not even relevant int he discussion about his money. [B]I"m trying not to be a asshole[/B], but people like you are making it very hard. Don't you have some faux terrorist attack you need to be adverting?

[/quote]

Dude, you changed your post after I called you out and then lambasted me for not recognizing what you had not written before. That is an asshole thing to do.

Instead of not admitting when you are wrong and always trying to get the last word, why don't you try [B]learning from[/B] your fellow Warpathers? Everyone here deserves that kind of respect and you might make fewer enemies as well.

NC_Skins 09-10-2011 07:23 PM

[quote=Lotus;833147]Dude, you changed your post after I called you out and then lambasted me for not recognizing what you had not written before. That is an asshole thing to do.

Instead of not admitting when you are wrong and always trying to get the last word, why don't you try [B]learning from[/B] your fellow Warpathers? Everyone here deserves that kind of respect and you might make fewer enemies as well.[/quote]

No idea what you are talking about on me lambasting you for not recognizing what I had written before, and me changing it? Dude, the only thing I've added was the declaration I was wrong, which you were so adamant about me declaring. If I were trying to not admit I was wrong, I wouldn't have posted a link AND a quote showing the specifics on what players get from jerseys.

You wanted me to "MAN UP" and admit I was wrong and I did. I think the post was evident I was admitting he was right. Since you couldn't read into that, I had to make the statement big and bright and crystal clear for all to read. Apparently you had issue with it so I appeased you. I have no qualms about admitting I'm wrong.

Just ****ing drop it. At this point, I'd rather put my balls on the curb side and let somebody stomp them repeatedly. If you want to continue the conversation, take it to PMs. Thanks.

ps. That respect works two ways. Let's review your post to me in the other thread.

[quote=Lotus;833041]:goodjob:

Sometimes the children must be told to leave the adults alone to talk.[/quote]

This the kind of respect you're talking about? :rolleyes:

SmootSmack 09-10-2011 07:26 PM

So the rumor, which I think was just a rumor, was that the Colts had a placed a call to NE to inquire about Mallet

NC_Skins 09-10-2011 07:30 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;833153]So the rumor, which I think was just a rumor, was that the Colts had a placed a call to NE to inquire about Mallet[/quote]

Wonder why him, and why now?(thinking out loud) You know the compensation involved from the rumor?

Lotus 09-10-2011 08:04 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;833153]So the rumor, which I think was just a rumor, was that the Colts had a placed a call to NE to inquire about Mallet[/quote]

Why trade for Mallet when the smart thing to do is Suck for Luck? :)

Kindoy 09-10-2011 08:16 PM

mallet is gonna be a stud in this league eventually

SolidSnake84 09-10-2011 09:44 PM

News on Peyton seems more and more grim each day.

I have so much respect for him, I really hope he considers retirement. Nobody is saying it yet, but the only way I think he would return this year is if the Colts have a chance to make the playoffs when he is ready to return.

This reminds me literally of the movie Any Given Sunday.

But seriously, he would be 37 next year if he returns, coming off three neck surgeries and dealing with the issue of reduced arm / throwing strength due to nerve damage. I hope he can make a full recovery for his life after football, i don't think it's worth risking everything to play one more year with such a bad neck and risking his life possibly on every play.

Peyton has the money and he doesn't need to play because he's broke. He can still stay involved in football and I'm sure that Indy gives him a job with the organization. I don't want to totally write him off just yet but it seems like he has a lot working against him in his comeback.

I can't really compare him and Favre, because like others have pointed out, Brett took a beating every year but his body was always ready on game day. The only surgery i think he ever had during his career was to repair the bone spurs in his ankle. I could be wrong but I think that's it.

VegasSkinsFan 09-10-2011 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=Kindoy;833162]mallet is gonna be a stud in this league eventually[/QUOTE]

I really don't see it. I think he has talent, I just see him as a guy that dropped in the draft for a reason. Lots if qbs look good running the pats offense, even if it is preseason. Think the chiefs wouldn't like a do over on the Cassel contract?

44ever 09-11-2011 02:50 PM

Man, looks like the Colts Empire has finally fallen... 34-0 Texans... Game not even over. Time for The Redskins new Era of Domination to begin!!!

SolidSnake84 09-11-2011 04:10 PM

The colts are going to suck hard this year. No way manning comes back this season. The season is over.

I have a lot of love for Kerry Collins, but he has been brutal and the whole team i think has mentally fallen on hard times without #18. Things don't look good for them when Manning does retire.

Ruhskins 09-11-2011 04:13 PM

I think the Colts are going to suck, but let's not forget that the Texans are a pretty good team. If this had been the Chiefs beating the Colts 34-7, then it would be beyond terrible.

doughtydoubter 09-11-2011 09:15 PM

matt schaubs time to shine here.