Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Randle El Fair Catches His Way to the Bench (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33146)

SmootSmack 11-02-2009 03:37 PM

Randle El Fair Catches His Way to the Bench

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/redskins-promote-hall-demote-r.html]Redskins Insider - Redskins promote Hall, demote Randle El[/url]

redsk1 11-02-2009 03:39 PM

Re: Randle El Fair Catches His Way to the Bench

Good move. We gotta do something. Hall, Moss, or someone else. It's not that he's muffed a couple this year, it's that he hasn't done jack in the last few years.

Redskin Warrior 11-02-2009 03:46 PM

Great move ARE stay in the slot

BigHairedAristocrat 11-02-2009 03:47 PM

Removing ARE as primary punt returner is a move thats long overdue. However, I don't get making Hall our primary guy... going by the stats provided in the article, it doesnt look like he was that good at it. In addition, as our #1 corner, i'd hate to risk Hall getting hurt on a punt return. I just dont like the depth behind him. Add to it the fact that Hall would be receiving a return immediately after being on the field playing defense, and he might be too tired to be effective.

To be honest, i'd rather have Moss as our #1 guy. He's explosive, would be "fresh" when taking his returns, and we have more depth behind him at WR than at DB, should he get injured.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-02-2009 03:47 PM

I still would rather have Devin Thomas.

The few times Campbell has gotten him the ball in space, he has absolutely made plays.

Redskin Warrior 11-02-2009 03:49 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;619635]I still would rather have Devin Thomas.

The few times Campbell has gotten him the ball in space, he has absolutely made plays.[/quote]

I agree 100%

MTK 11-02-2009 03:50 PM

A move long overdue.

Trample the Elderly 11-02-2009 03:50 PM

One way or the other, I'm glad El is on the bench.

tryfuhl 11-02-2009 03:55 PM

Gee, just in time!

calia 11-02-2009 04:21 PM

I cannot say I agree with this particular move, although I agree that production here gas been lackingdone. This is what I find distressing about this move -- the article states: In his 13 career returns, he [Hall] has three fair catches, two fumbles and an average return of 9.5 yards.

Of 13 career returns, 2 fumbles -- that is WAY too risky at about once per game. My vote would be to give someone else the job.

Paintrain 11-02-2009 04:22 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;619635]I still would rather have Devin Thomas.

The few times Campbell has gotten him the ball in space, he has absolutely made plays.[/quote]

He's never returned punts but I wouldn't be offended by him at least splitting time with Rock at KR.

Son Of Man 11-02-2009 04:24 PM

Hmmm? With his large cap number...is El still going to be here next year? That's alot of money for a slot guy.

Longtimefan 11-02-2009 04:27 PM

I thought he would be benched as a punt returner to start the season. Competition was brought in but couldn't make the grade.

warpaint 11-02-2009 04:35 PM

How about getting Marko Mitchell out he has some speed.

SolidSnake84 11-02-2009 04:36 PM

This isn't relevant at all probably, but in Madden, ARE was always my punt/kick return guy. Well ARE got hurt one time, and Santana was the new man. My returns got much better immediatley. I was never able to do much with ARE....just saying

WaldSkins 11-02-2009 04:51 PM

[quote=warpaint;619669]How about getting Marko Mitchell out he has some speed.[/quote]

Honestly I don't know why they didnt activate him or Kevin Barnes. Let the kids play!!

12thMan 11-02-2009 04:52 PM

I'm so over who's starting and who's benched at this point, it really doesn't matter.

firstdown 11-02-2009 04:58 PM

I'd say before they put Hall back there who has had fumble issues they might want to work on punt return blocking. Thats the real problem and its hard to make plays when your surounded by guys after every catch. Even last week when Hall & Moss got a chance they did very little with the return.

Dirtbag59 11-02-2009 05:15 PM

No, now who's going to get us those East/West yards we so desperately need?

CRedskinsRule 11-02-2009 05:16 PM

They put an oline guy on the practice squad (yeah not a major move but still) and then they go and change returners. maybe someone is actually looking at things. extra eyes anyone??

KLHJ2 11-02-2009 05:18 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;619685]No, now who's going to get us those East/West yards we so desperately need?[/quote]

I know, it looks like our sideline to sideline return game isn't going to be what it used to.

saden1 11-02-2009 05:18 PM

About time...ARE's attempt to return punts in NFL has been pathetic to say the least.

KI Skins Fan 11-02-2009 05:33 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;619634]Removing ARE as primary punt returner is a move thats long overdue. However, I don't get making Hall our primary guy... going by the stats provided in the article, it doesnt look like he was that good at it. In addition, as our #1 corner, i'd hate to risk Hall getting hurt on a punt return. I just dont like the depth behind him. Add to it the fact that [B]Hall would be receiving a return immediately after being on the field playing defense, and he might be too tired to be effective.[/B]

To be honest, i'd rather have Moss as our #1 guy. He's explosive, would be "fresh" when taking his returns, and we have more depth behind him at WR than at DB, should he get injured.[/quote]

That's not a problem because Hall doesn't put out much effort on defense.

Hog1 11-02-2009 05:45 PM

Bless you............Danny Smith

warpaint 11-02-2009 06:23 PM

Ill say ARE punt returning personafize the majority of our team play and attittude. The ball is hardly left the punters foot and he is waving for the fair catch. He gives up before there is chance to make a play. The coach sure did take his sweet time on pulling the trigger on this one. There is no want with this team. Putting Hall in there is not any better being that he will be on the feild all day because with our lackluster offense.

So many bad decisions going on here. Zorn is starting to piss me off with his little comments about I called that positive play there and that touchdown there and dont forget about after a loss he acts as if we are playing lights out, with all the comments, these guys looked good out here on this play and that one. He is not a good coach.

skinsfaninok 11-02-2009 07:13 PM

[quote=Redskin Warrior;619633]Great move ARE stay in the slot[/quote]

ARE will be released after this season!! He has done nothing for us since leaving Pitt.

GMScud 11-02-2009 07:16 PM

While I'm thrilled they FINALLY benched ARE, I'd rather have Moss back there than D-Hall. Moss has proven he can be explosive on returns, and has recent experience in doing so for us. When was the last time Hall returned punts? At least a few years. I mean, if we're going to put an important high-dollar starter back there, why not Santana?

EDIT: Maybe I should read the article before posting. Moss will still get some returns, and the last time Hall returned a punt was 2007 with Atlanta.

skinsfan69 11-02-2009 07:33 PM

[quote=Son Of Man;619661]Hmmm? With his large cap number...is El still going to be here next year? That's alot of money for a slot guy.[/quote]

He's probably not going to be here. It's time to get Thomas and Marko on the field and put Santana in the slot.

SFREDSKIN 11-02-2009 10:51 PM

We should cut his ass and pick up Chris Chambers who was released by the Chargers [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4617252]Veteran WR Chris Chambers waived by San Diego Chargers - ESPN[/url]

SmootSmack 11-02-2009 10:53 PM

I was waiting for someone to bring up Chambers. What's the benefit of bringing him in?

SFREDSKIN 11-02-2009 10:54 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;619776]I was waiting for someone to bring up Chambers. What's the benefit of bringing him in?[/quote]

He would be an upgrade over ARE.

DynamiteRave 11-02-2009 10:55 PM

This is a good move.

Now all they have to do is bench Vinny and this team will be right back on track. :D

redskins4lif 11-02-2009 10:59 PM

i actually like putting hall back there to return punts after watching him at virginia tech and this year on his picks hes got some moves with the ball in his hands

SmootSmack 11-02-2009 11:17 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;619779]He would be an upgrade over ARE.[/quote]

He is, is he?

Does he have more receptions than ARE? Does he have any experience as a punt returner? Is he younger than ARE? What are the cap implications if ARE is cut? What does it mean for the development of our other receivers if we bring in Chambers? What sort of experience does Chambers have with this offense?

SFREDSKIN 11-02-2009 11:21 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;619793]He is, is he?

Does he have more receptions than ARE? Does he have any experience as a punt returner? Is he younger than ARE? What are the cap implications if ARE is cut? What does it mean for the development of our other receivers if we bring in Chambers? What sort of experience does Chambers have with this offense?[/quote]

Who cares? ARE is done after this year, it would be for the rest of year as neither would/will be here next year. He's only 1 year older and by the way, ARE got sent to the bench as a PR cause he can't do it anymore.

SmootSmack 11-02-2009 11:27 PM

Bringing in Chambers for a few weeks really adds nothing to the team. Nothing at all

SFREDSKIN 11-02-2009 11:27 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;619795]Bringing in Chambers for a few weeks really adds nothing to the team. Nothing at all[/quote]

Neither does keeping ARE. Mitchell should be playing instead.

davy 11-02-2009 11:34 PM

Seems to me you are comparing chalk with cheese here, SFREDSKIN.

You want to move Moss to the slot receiver role to replace El and have Chambers as our number 1 receiver?

SFREDSKIN 11-02-2009 11:39 PM

[quote=davy;619798]Seems to me you are comparing chalk with cheese here, SFREDSKIN.

You want to move Moss to the slot receiver role to replace El and have Chambers as our number 1 receiver?[/quote]

No, I just want ARE gone as I consider him our 5th receiver cause he stinks. Mitchell should be playing, Chambers would just be a warm body. To be honest I would rather just drop ARE and sign another OL to the roster since that's our biggest need.

skinsfan69 11-03-2009 12:35 AM

anyone know why did chambers got cut? that's pretty bad if he just gets the ax in the middle of the season. plus bringing him here isn't going to help us. our line and qb still can't get the job done.