Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFC East Chances (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50394)

mredskins 12-02-2012 10:01 PM

If we make it to the playoffs and play in Seattle and lose; i will die!

CultBrennan59 12-02-2012 10:04 PM

Re: NFC East Chances

[quote=Bushead;969720]We've had some good luck with our teams losing. It would have been hard to have two weeks in a row where Seattle, Bucks, Saints and Vikings all lose. But we did have 7 out of 8 of those games go our way. Seattle's remaining schedule is so easy though.[/quote]

If those CBs get suspended though..I like their chances of losing

Hog1 12-02-2012 10:05 PM

[quote=mredskins;969722]If we make it to the playoffs and play in Seattle and lose; i will die![/quote]
In that light, I will hope with ALL that's....holy, that it won't happen.

mredskins 12-02-2012 10:08 PM

[QUOTE=Hog1;969726]In that light, I will hope with ALL that's....holy, that it won't happen.[/QUOTE]

I just can't imagine going back there again in the playoffs

Monkeydad 12-03-2012 10:51 AM

Time to root against Seattle, St. Louis and of course, Dallas. Seattle is the team we need to fall apart. I have a bad feeling that tie for STL could come back to hurt us, along with the loss to them. Thanks, replacement refs. You let that game turn into a one-sided WWE match with Fisher getting a free pass on anything he wanted to do. If all things were called by the book, or at least evenly, we would have won that game easily.

[B]We should beat Dallas again. [/B]They're a bad team, I'm not worried about them.

We should also own the tiebreakers against Tampa Bay, Minnesota, New Orleans since we beat them all, right?

It's a fight for ONE open SC spot as I see it. The Bears are far from consistent but I think either them or Green Bay are locked in for the first WC spot. Those teams share common opponents in 3/4 of their remaining games, including a head-to-head match-up.
[B]
I think we'll win 4 of the last 5 games. We'll win one of NJ or Baltimore, then sweep the Browns, Philly and clinch a wild card spot against Dallas in Week 17. 9-7[/B]

Monkeydad 12-03-2012 10:52 AM

[quote=mredskins;969722]If we make it to the playoffs and play in Seattle and lose; i will die![/quote]

Unless they somehow miraculously pass the 49ers in the division, they're not making the playoffs.

We'll overtake them for the last spot. Either them or us are making it, not enough room for both teams.

When we win tonight, we'll be right there in a traffic game at the #7 seed at 6-6 with Dallas, TB and Minnesota, just one win behind the 7-5 Seachickens.

Minnesota has to play both GB and Chicago in the last month, along with Houston and STL. They'll be lucky to win more than one of those.

Dallas will fall. We'll give them one of their late losses.

It's us vs. Seattle basically...watching out for the Rams from behind thanks to one less loss thanks to their tie vs. SF.

We can do this. It's going to come down to Wilson vs. Griffin and who can lead their teams to wins down the stretch.

[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace]NFL Playoff Picture - CBSSports.com Wildcard Race[/url]

Monkeydad 12-03-2012 11:06 AM

[quote=ethat001;969716][URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario"]NFL - Playoff Scenario Generator- Yahoo! Sports[/URL]

Using the generator, we have a chance if we beat NYG. Our remaining schedule is do-able.

1) NY Giants stumble & we win the division. Less likely, but possible since our schedule is easier than theirs - Dallas, Eagles, Cleveland on our sched.

2) If we don't win the divison, the only way to get in through the Wild Card race is to have Seattle lose 1-2 extra games down the stretch.[/quote]

I like this one. Us in. Giants out.
[URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&12=14444410&13=55001005&14=44504551&15=05154501&16=00005110&17="]NFL - Playoff Scenario Generator- Yahoo! Sports[/URL]
How?

We beat the Giants. The Ravens beat BOTH us and the Giants. The Giants lose to Atlanta...which they will, the Falcons do not lose at home. Both teams finish 9-7 and we win the tiebreaker after going 5-1 in the division while they'll be 3-3.

Very doable.

The Giants lose three games, against us, Ravens and Falcons.

We just lose to the Ravens.

We win the East and they're bumped out. I love it!

CrustyRedskin 12-03-2012 11:07 AM

[quote=Monkeydad;969847]I like this one. Us in. Giants out.
[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&12=14444410&13=55001005&14=44504551&15=05154501&16=00005110&17=]NFL - Playoff Scenario Generator- Yahoo! Sports[/url]
How?

We beat the Giants. The Ravens beat BOTH us and the Giants. The Giants lose to Atlanta...which they will, the Falcons do not lose at home.

Very doable.

The Giants lose three games, against us, Ravens and Falcons.

We just lose to the Ravens.

We win the East and they're bumped out. I love it![/quote]

Nice!!!!!! Im diggin it Daddio!!

scowan 12-03-2012 11:46 AM

Bottom line, Skins have to win out or at the least go 4-1 and then they need help. Tonight is really big. Everyone says either a win against the Giants or the Ravens and lose the other one and then win your last 3, but it never works out that way. This Giants game is SO much bigger than the Ravens game. Even if they win, they can't let a team like the Browns beat them either. If you want to be a playoff team, you have to act like it and beat those teams you are suppose to beat. Did the Skins get hot for two games and turn the corner? Or did they just beat two sub-500 teams in the Eagles and the Cowboys and they come back down to earth against a good team. We will find out tonight.

mredskins 12-03-2012 11:55 AM

I think the ravens are a easier opponent then the giants for us. Their defense is weak and Joe F. is just stinking up this year. Only guy that scares me in purple is Ray Rice.

REDSKINS4ever 12-03-2012 12:00 PM

I have my sights set on the NFC East division title. And that can happen.

Ruhskins 12-03-2012 12:00 PM

[quote=mredskins;969866]I think the ravens are a easier opponent then the giants for us. Their defense is weak and Joe F. is just stinking up this year. [B]Only guy that scares me in purple is Ray Rice.[/B][/quote]

Fortunately for us the Ravens refuse to play their best player on the team.

mredskins 12-03-2012 12:12 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;969871]Fortunately for us the Ravens refuse to play their best player on the team.[/quote]

LOL! I know so true. they are idiots on how they use him.