Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What The Heck Happened To-Jimmy Moreland?? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64494)

Burgold 10-28-2019 01:02 PM

What The Heck Happened To-Jimmy Moreland??

Yes I know he's a rookie,but in preseason he looked like a shoo-in at corner,he got hurt but is healthy now and can't break into the lineup?is there an explanation because maybe I'm missing something here!

SunnySide 10-28-2019 01:13 PM

Re: What The Heck Happened To-Jimmy Moreland??

I thought I saw him playing a lot of corner when Dunbar got hurt?

28 snaps vs Vikings. 35 vs the 9ers.

Burgold 10-28-2019 01:19 PM

Yep,but he didn't play well!

mooby 10-28-2019 01:26 PM

[quote=Burgold;1235646]Yep,but he didn't play well![/quote]

A 7th round rookie corner not playing well? Color me surprised.

There seems to be this gap between realistic expectations and reality for this fanbase, Jimmy Moreland is the latest example.

Chico23231 10-28-2019 01:38 PM

I’m more interested in “what happened to Preston Smith”?

EARTHQUAKE2689 10-28-2019 02:24 PM

Preston Smith went to Green Bay, got a competent coordinator and is now flourishing as a 2nd round draft pick should.

skinsfan69 10-28-2019 02:29 PM

The regular season started.

MTK 10-28-2019 02:48 PM

Hopefully Moreland can turn into a better player than Moreau. That dude can't play.

Chico23231 10-28-2019 03:16 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1235654]Preston Smith went to Green Bay, got a competent coordinator and is now flourishing as a 2nd round draft pick should.[/quote]

Exactly. I look at the young talent we have on defense and think "what if we got a competent D Coordinator here?"

Sweat, Payne, Allen, Matty I, Cole Holcomb, SD Hamilton, Monte, Apke, Collins, Moreland, Dunbar....I seriously have seen flashes and steady performers on the defense. The right guy could mold the unit into a great defense IMO. I really think that...

AnonEmouse 10-28-2019 04:24 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1235659]Exactly. I look at the young talent we have on defense and think "what if we got a competent D Coordinator here?"

Sweat, Payne, Allen, Matty I, Cole Holcomb, SD Hamilton, Monte, Apke, Collins, Moreland, Dunbar....I seriously have seen flashes and steady performers on the defense. The right guy could mold the unit into a great defense IMO. I really think that...[/quote]
Here, here.

I also wonder how much this is a lack of capability with positional coaching. I can't help wondering how much dysfunction Manusky is engendering down the management chain.

rocnrik 10-28-2019 04:54 PM

We have enough talent on the D to be top 15 in league maybe top 10 .. It has to be the scheme or coaching or culture or all three...

Schneed10 10-28-2019 05:26 PM

Complementary football isn't on their side as the offense can't sustain enough drives. But yeah coaching is the biggest problem.

mitch e 10-28-2019 05:32 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1235659]Exactly. I look at the young talent we have on defense and think "what if we got a competent D Coordinator here?"

Sweat, Payne, Allen, Matty I, Cole Holcomb, SD Hamilton, Monte, Apke, Collins, Moreland, Dunbar....I seriously have seen flashes and steady performers on the defense. The right guy could mold the unit into a great defense IMO. I really think that...[/quote]

with our rep I don't think a competent DC is ever going to come here!!

FrenchSkin 10-28-2019 08:26 PM

Agreed 100%. Throw [B]Bostic[/B] in there, he's playing real tough, love it.

I've been saying for a while the 1st half against the Pats was no fluke, it was what this D [I][U]SHOULD[/U][/I] look like with a competent coaching staff.

SFREDSKIN 10-29-2019 10:27 AM

I compare our D to the 49ers, very similar with the exception of 2 players MLB and passrusher. Need to plug those holes, I say throw in a replacement CB for Norman.