Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   more injury news (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33567)

dmek25 11-22-2009 06:39 PM

more injury news

[URL="http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/"][COLOR=#ffc20e]http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/[/COLOR][/URL]

Posted at 4:26 PM ET, 11/22/2009
Betts has ligament tear, Rinehart broken fibula
Coach Jim Zorn said that Ladell Betts has a torn MCL and Chad Rinehart has a broken fibula. Betts will have an MRI tomorrow.

DynamiteRave 11-22-2009 06:48 PM

Re: more injury news

Well Rinehart is done for the year.

How long do MCL tears usually keep people out for? I thought maybe its usually several weeks.. I know ACL are season, sometimes career ending injuries..

The Goat 11-22-2009 06:56 PM

Frustrating news to be sure. Betts was injured last year about the time Portis was on the sideline...when we needed him most obviously. I guess he can't be relied on to carry a full workload.

...probably time for the FO to find new talent at the RB position aye.

GMScud 11-22-2009 06:56 PM

And the list continues to grow. It's a friggin Mash Unit.

MTK 11-22-2009 07:01 PM

Man, the football gods really hate us this year, like all we need are more injuries

Skinny Tee 11-22-2009 07:01 PM

I called the MCL tear.

Seriously, as long as I've been watching games I can diagnose the significant injuries with an accuracy of %75-80.

Right when he suffered the stiff blow on the side of his knee and then got carted off I had it in the bag. I'm the Doctor of Visual Diagnosis.

skinsfaninok 11-22-2009 07:02 PM

It just keeps goin downhill for this team.. Next yr we have to address oline qb and now rb wow

budw38 11-22-2009 07:15 PM

[quote=Skinny Tee;629238]I called the MCL tear.

Seriously, as long as I've been watching games I can diagnose the significant injuries with an accuracy of %75-80.

Right when he suffered the stiff blow on the side of his knee and then got carted off I had it in the bag. I'm the Doctor of Visual Diagnosis.[/quote]
Then please , predict ..... NO MORE INJURIES for the SKINS .

Skinny Tee 11-22-2009 07:21 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;629240]It just keeps goin downhill for this team.. Next yr we have to address oline qb and now rb wow[/quote]

Well our problems won't be solved in one offseason.

If problems exist with depth especially on OL then you're talking about 4-5 quality players additions just to shore up one dimension.

What we need is a change in approach from our Front Office over an extended period of time. That's why it's so important we have a personnel person capable of managing that effort and making certain it strategically goes in one direction in a duration of years as opposed to one season.

skinsfaninok 11-22-2009 07:22 PM

[quote=budw38;629250]Then please , predict ..... NO MORE INJURIES for the SKINS .[/quote]

LOL Yea seriously.

skinsfaninok 11-22-2009 07:24 PM

[quote=Skinny Tee;629254]Well our problems won't be solved in one offseason.

If problems exist with depth especially on OL then you're talking about 4-5 quality players additions just to shore up one dimension.

What we need is a change in approach from our Front Office over an extended period of time. That's why it's so important we have a personnel person capable of managing that effort and making certain it strategically goes in one direction.[/quote]

Yea but in the NFL, teams change so much and so fast. Look at Cincy, they were 4-11-1 last yr and now they will win their division this yr.

GMScud 11-22-2009 07:25 PM

[quote=Skinny Tee;629238]I called the MCL tear.

Right when he suffered the stiff blow on the side of his knee and then got carted off I had it in the bag. I'm the Doctor of Visual Diagnosis.[/quote]

Yeah I called that as well. It's really not that hard to do dude.

skinsfaninok 11-22-2009 07:30 PM

[quote=GMScud;629259]Yeah I called that as well. It's really not that hard to do dude.[/quote]

LMAO and most of us called the Cowboys final TD drive who gives a shit.. Does that make this guy some kind of Doctor?

budw38 11-22-2009 07:31 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;629256]LOL Yea seriously.[/quote]
Hey , how about changing that " go gators " to go BUCKEYES ??? Good luck vs Bama :)

Skinny Tee 11-22-2009 07:33 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;629258]Yea but in the NFL, teams change so much and so fast. Look at Cincy, they were 4-11-1 last yr and now they will win their division this yr.[/quote]

Not if the CBA doesn't get signed. There may be no cap but the number of free agents will be limited due to rules governing an uncapped year.

Just goes to show, if you're continually building a consistent, strong team around a viable scheme you don't need to rely heavily on new free agent additions to push your team over the edge.