Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Texans Postgame (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64230)

skinsfaninok 11-18-2018 05:18 PM

Texans Postgame

Well all the Alex haters got their wish, (not like this but u get the point)

Ugly game overall for both teams, bad mistakes by watson and smith most of the game.

Defense played fine, only gave up 16 points.

Offense was bad until Colt came in and then we got things going, only to choke in the end like usual.

Dallas wins thursday and the season is over so I hope we can pull it out.

I just dont trust Colt Mccoy folks, I like him for situations like today but not for a number of games.

skinsfan69 11-18-2018 05:21 PM

Re: Texans Postgame

Colt and Alex are really the same guy. Neither are going to take a team to a Super Bowl. The future QB of this team is still playing in college.

NC_Skins 11-18-2018 05:21 PM

The time of GOAT McCoy is upon us. :point::woot:

skinsfaninok 11-18-2018 05:27 PM

So here is a legit Q,

Do the skins bring in Colin Kaepernick?

I mean who else is out there????

mooby 11-18-2018 05:31 PM

I think I'm pretty sold on Gruden not being the coach to get us over the hump. Kicking the 63 yarder at the end that you know there is no chance in hell of making (seriously he barely has the leg for the 56 yarder he made earlier this year with the wind assist) was effectively giving up on the game.

Not to mention the lack of o-line depth (coming off a year when the o-line got brutally destroyed by injuries), the fact that McCoy looked better in one half than Smith did all year (I know, McCoy's got years under Gruden when Smith doesn't), the fact that as good as our defense is, we are still ranked 25th against the pass. I'm still not sold on Manusky as coordinator, which would be Gruden's 3rd or 4th consecutive coordinator he's hired that didn't pan out.

Was it close at the end? Yeah. Did it matter? No, because everybody who's ever watched Hopkins kick (except for Gruden) is aware he can't make a 60 yarder, let alone a 63 yarder.

McCoy did what he does, which is make just enough plays to keep us in the game and give us hope things won't be all bad, but that 3rd down pass to Doctson was very ill-advised and wasted our last good shot at winning the game.

mooby 11-18-2018 05:31 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1208017]So here is a legit Q,

Do the skins bring in Colin Kaepernick?

I mean who else is out there????[/quote]

Can we bring in someone who hasn't been out of the game for 4 years? Who was the last player ever to take a 4 year leave of absence and come back like nothing happened.

punch it in 11-18-2018 05:32 PM

Texans Postgame

Game balls: Colt, Defense, O line, AP, Reed, Mason Foster.
Game fails: Smith, Vernon Davis, Refs (and I never, ever blame the refs.
I feel better about this team than I did before the game.

metalskins 11-18-2018 05:33 PM

Even though the 'skins lost this game, there are some positives. I thought the defense played pretty well. 10 of those points came off of INTs from Alex Smith - one of those a pick six. Even though I don't see Colt McCoy being a playoff caliber quarterback, he did prove that the talent we have on offense (that was actually on the field) can move the ball and score points. Getting Chris Thompson back will help a great deal, as well as Jamison Crowder. I think Trey Quinn might turn out to be a heck of a player. In fact, both Quinn and Harris intrigue me a great deal. Doctson, slowly, seems like he might be coming around. Who knows, the 'skins might wind up having a solid, young, group of wide receivers. Just need that elite QB to throw them the ball.

Otherwise, I think this team is cursed with bad luck. It's not a bad team. There's a crap load of talent on the team. Just can't ever seem to get it all come together.

SFREDSKIN 11-18-2018 05:38 PM

Positives:

McCoy
Quinn
Preston Smith
AP
Reed

Negatives:

Alex Smith, poor guy had a bad day all around
Refs
Vernon Davis

Ruhskins 11-18-2018 05:38 PM

Could have still won the game if not for the bullshit call on Norman and the non-call on Doctson.

Colt bring his strengths and weaknesses. I just hope the wideouts play better for him. I think his knowledge of the offense will serve him and the team well.

At least we will no longer have to put up with the f*cking crybabies bitching about Alex.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FrenchSkin 11-18-2018 05:47 PM

[quote=punch it in;1208020]Game balls: Colt, Defense, O line, AP, Reed, Mason Foster.
Game fails: Smith, Vernon Davis, [B]Refs (and I never, ever blame the refs.[/B]
I feel better about this team than I did before the game.[/quote]

Agreed. I'm a ref here in France so I'm not one to easily complain about refereeing... But the [I][U]phantom holding call on Norman[/U][/I] that ended up burning a minute on the clock was outrageous, and a [I][U]PI could easily have been called on Doctson[/U][/I] on the last drive.

Heck, I thought this one our most likely loss, and I didn't see it going down that way. Season's far from over.

Positives:

Great fucking effort, the whole team rallied after Smith's injury
[B]!!!DEFENSE!!![/B]
Mason Foster
Preston Smith
Ryan Anderson
AP
[I][U]Gruden seemingly growing a pair right when Smith's leg snapped[/U][/I]... gutsy play call for the most part of the game

Negatives:

Vernon Davis
Refs at the end of the game
[I][U]Gruden at the end of the game[/U][/I]: the deep shot on Doctson and going for the 63 yarder both were stupid decisions that cost us an opportunity to win one of the craziest Redskins games in recent history...

punch it in 11-18-2018 05:47 PM

[QUOTE=Ruhskins;1208027]Could have still won the game if not for the bullshit call on Norman and the non-call on Doctson.

Colt bring his strengths and weaknesses. I just hope the wideouts play better for him. I think his knowledge of the offense will serve him and the team well.

At least we will no longer have to put up with the f*cking crybabies bitching about Alex.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Or the fucking crybabies that bitch about people bitching about him. U like to tell everyone to stfu but u need to take a page out of your own playbook. He sucks. Get over it.

skinsfaninok 11-18-2018 05:58 PM

DJ said the fans were great today.

Chico23231 11-18-2018 05:59 PM

Good day for the haters...Alex Smith was fuckin garbage for most the game and Colt was pretty damn solid.

Awesome game by the defense...the Oline fought...trey Quinn

Fuck Vernon Davis and fuck Alex Smith

Defensewins 11-18-2018 06:00 PM

[quote=punch it in;1208043]Or the fucking crybabies that bitch about people bitching about him. U like to tell everyone to stfu but u need to take a page out of your own playbook. He sucks. Get over it.[/quote]

Amen brother. Criticizing a players poor play is not out of bounds. There just a few that can dish it out but cannot take it.
While I hate see Alex Smith get hurt and go out like he did, Alex Smith is/was mir the answer.. he was an expensive stop gap.