Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32901)

mlmdub130 10-26-2009 12:17 PM

Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

[quote=SmootSmack;615281]restricted free agents maybe?[/quote]

obviously not free agents he just pays them 100 million cause that makes sense too

firstdown 10-26-2009 12:19 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;615285]i guess it's been a while but we did trade for a washed up d end named jason taylor and paid him a boat load as well as shipping off two draft picks to the doliphins if u want me to get a list of the rest i can[/quote]
He was not a free agent but nice try. A free agent is just that they are no longer under contract so they are no longer part of that team and can go anywhere they choose.

SmootSmack 10-26-2009 12:32 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;615286]obviously not free agents he just pays them 100 million cause that makes sense too[/quote]

When did we pay an free agent $100 million?

mlmdub130 10-26-2009 12:33 PM

[quote=firstdown;615287]He was not a free agent but nice try. A free agent is just that they are no longer under contract so they are no longer part of that team and can go anywhere they choose.[/quote]

yeah like fat albert right cause that deal made sense just give up your homerism and admit snyder is a terrible owner, there is no logic for defending him, what has he done for this team that in anyway shape or form has made him a good owner, the only remotely good thing was trying to bring gibbs back , who tried to set up the team to win, and when he leaves what does danny boy do beside blow up the organiztion and start over again. we are the laughing stock of the entire league yet you still defend him i really don't get it, i am a die hard fan and season ticket holder and i LOVE this team and will continue to route for OUR team, but i will NEVER support snyder or anything he stands for he has no bussiness running this team

mlmdub130 10-26-2009 12:35 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;615292]When did we pay an free agent $100 million?[/quote]

really? really?

firstdown 10-26-2009 12:37 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;615293]yeah like fat albert right cause that deal made sense just give up your homerism and admit snyder is a terrible owner, there is no logic for defending him, what has he done for this team that in anyway shape or form has made him a good owner, the only remotely good thing was trying to bring gibbs back , who tried to set up the team to win, and when he leaves what does danny boy do beside blow up the organiztion and start over again. we are the laughing stock of the entire league yet you still defend him i really don't get it, i am a die hard fan and season ticket holder and i LOVE this team and will continue to route for OUR team, [SIZE=4]but i will NEVER support snyder or anything he stands for he has no bussiness running this team[/SIZE][/quote]

I never said he was doing a good job just pointed out that your statement was incorrect. For your statement above. If you own season tickets your supporting him. As a season ticked holder are you going to the game tonight and if not what have you done with your tickets?

hooskins 10-26-2009 12:40 PM

Fat Albert..lol. Hey hey heyyy

SmootSmack 10-26-2009 12:43 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;615294]really? really?[/quote]

Yes really

mlmdub130 10-26-2009 12:46 PM

[quote=firstdown;615297]I never said he was doing a good job just pointed out that your statement was incorrect. For your statement above. If you own season tickets your supporting him. As a season ticked holder are you going to the game tonight and if not what have you done with your tickets?[/quote]

unfortunatly i had to pay for my season tix the end of feburary, yes less than a month after the superbowl, and since i paid i do go to the games but do not buy anything inside the stadium and have not bought a single officially liscensed redskins anything this year, which has been hard but i am doing what i can, as far as next year and season tickets i am undecided as i would love to retain them but i do not want to support DS

mlmdub130 10-26-2009 12:49 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;615305]Yes really[/quote]

are you serious, it may not all be guaranteed, but we did sign hayneworth 100 million this offseason

SmootSmack 10-26-2009 12:53 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;615308]are you serious, it may not all be guaranteed, but we did sign hayneworth 100 million this offseason[/quote]

Less than half of $100 million is guaranteed, and at most he'll probably make $50 million...at most.

But you said Snyder pays free agents $100 million. Which isn't true. It's just not. $100 million is a nice round number for everyone to fixate on, much more so than $41 million, which is the actual number that should be looked at. But that doesn't get people as riled up as $100 million I suppose

mlmdub130 10-26-2009 12:59 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;615312]Less than half of $100 million is guaranteed, and at most he'll probably make $50 million...at most.

But you said Snyder pays free agents $100 million. Which isn't true. It's just not. $100 million is a nice round number for everyone to fixate on, much more so than $41 million, which is the actual number that should be looked at. But that doesn't get people as riled up as $100 million I suppose[/quote]

vinny? is that you?
regardless it was still a nfl record for guaranteed money was it not, still an outrageous amount none the less, and also paid d hall over 22 million guaranteed, you can not honstly say either of those was worth it, considering no one was even interested in d hall

firstdown 10-26-2009 01:05 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;615307]unfortunatly i had to pay for my season tix the end of feburary, yes less than a month after the superbowl, and since i paid i do go to the games but do not buy anything inside the stadium and have not bought a single officially liscensed redskins anything this year, which has been hard but i am doing what i can, as far as next year and season tickets i am undecided as i would love to retain them but i do not want to support DS[/quote]

When I had season tickets it was more into the summer before I ever had to send in any money. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say DS is not selling the team any time soon so what would be your deciding factor to renew your tickets. I gave up my season tickets because I decided it was cheaper to by tickets to the few game we can attend each year. I don't do the gear stuff so DS does not not make much money off me.

SmootSmack 10-26-2009 01:09 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;615315]vinny? is that you?
regardless it was still a nfl record for guaranteed money was it not, still an outrageous amount none the less, and also paid d hall over 22 million guaranteed, you can not honstly say either of those was worth it, considering no one was even interested in d hall[/quote]

Maybe it was an NFL record, I honestly don't remember. We probably did pay too much for Hall considering the demand (or lack thereof)...but you still said $100 million

mlmdub130 10-26-2009 01:11 PM

[quote=firstdown;615318]When I had season tickets it was more into the summer before I ever had to send in any money. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say DS is not selling the team any time soon so what would be your deciding factor to renew your tickets. I gave up my season tickets because I decided it was cheaper to by tickets to the few game we can attend each year. I don't do the gear stuff so DS does not not make much money off me.[/quote]

For me it's always been about the tailgating as well as the game, i have a "redskins tailgate" car and so does my buddy and we throw a huge tailgate, and the fact that i was raised on the redskins and i finally have season tix after waiting for 10 years and since everyone is bailing i'm in the 100's with pretty good seats, deep down i do have faith the team will turn around and probaly do it with snyder as the owner since i don't see him going anywhere ever, but hopefully one of these days he will finally get it through his thick ass skull that he has NO idea what he is doing and needs a good gm, i just hope he hasn't already scared them all off already