Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chiefs Owner Lamar Hunt Dead at 74 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16372)

GhettoDogAllStars 12-14-2006 04:41 PM

Re: Chiefs Owner Lamar Hunt Dead at 74

[QUOTE=12thMan;260278]I think there are still a few stadiums that still don't have the corporate sponsors.

Arrowhead Stadium
Giants Stadium
Soldier Field
Super Dome
Lambeau Field
Browns Stadium[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and then there are those places like Mile High and Candlestick. They sold out, but everyone refuses to acknowledge it -- haha (spoken in the voice of Nelson)! For example, Mile High still says "Mile High" all over the place.

12thMan 12-14-2006 04:49 PM

[quote=jsarno;260295]They took no thought. Just named it after the team. The good ones are the ones that mean something, that have a history. There was a reason it was named, or dedicated to someone.

Don't get me wrong, it's better than Alliance field, or Petco Park etc etc, but they could have taken that one step farther and made it very original.

What if Phily named their stadium, Vince Papaly (sp?) stadium? All the fans would feel they went to a stadium that stood for perserverance, and guts. Just a thought.[/quote]

Oh, I see.

But isn't Browns stadium named after Paul Brown..the owner?

jsarno 12-14-2006 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=12thMan;260312]Oh, I see.

But isn't Browns stadium named after Paul Brown..the owner?[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're right...I forgot about that. OK, I take that one back.

jsarno 12-14-2006 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=GhettoDogAllStars;260298]Yeah, and then there are those places like Mile High and Candlestick. They sold out, but everyone refuses to acknowledge it -- haha (spoken in the voice of Nelson)! For example, Mile High still says "Mile High" all over the place.[/QUOTE]

My wife is a broncos fan, I remember laughing at her when I heard the name "invesco field at mile high". She was pissed that they sold out. Then again, she laughed at me when we changed from Jack Kent Cooke to Fed Ex...so she deserved it. HAHA

Freakin Snyder the sell out. I would wager we will never see his name on a professional stadium. I say professional cause he's into himself enough to buy a little league stadium and name it after him.

SmootSmack 12-14-2006 05:21 PM

[QUOTE=12thMan;260278]I think there are still a few stadiums that still don't have the corporate sponsors.

Arrowhead Stadium
Giants Stadium
Soldier Field
Super Dome
Lambeau Field
Browns Stadium[/QUOTE]

Ralph Wilson Stadium
Georgia Dome
Texas Stadium

But then, the sponsorship may not be in the stadium name. Cleveland Browns Stadium (not to be confused with the Bengals' Paul Brown Stadium) has corporate sponsors for its seating areas, parking lots, entrance gates.

GhettoDogAllStars 12-14-2006 06:23 PM

If ... nay, [I]when[/I] I have my own stadium I'm definitely going to name it after myself. I can think of nothing more arrogant.

skinsfan69 12-14-2006 09:08 PM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;260270]Definitely. F...selling out to corporate sponsors.[/quote]

If anyone ever get's a chance to see a game at Arrowhead it's something you will never forget. Just an unbelievable atmosphere. RIP Lamar. One of the great old school owners along w/ Mara and Modell.

GhettoDogAllStars 12-15-2006 12:08 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;260387]If anyone ever get's a chance to see a game at Arrowhead it's something you will never forget. Just an unbelievable atmosphere. RIP Lamar. One of the great old school owners along w/ Mara and Modell.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I never got a chance to go, but my dad had season tickets about 10 years ago. He says the exact same thing. In fact, he doesn't even want to go to any other stadium.