Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chris Chester Signs (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43072)

JoeRedskin 07-28-2011 10:20 PM

Re: Chris Chester Signs

Well, the twitter is from LaCanfora. Not exactly the most "balanced" insider when it comes to the Skins.

I put Chester in the wait and see column. He looks like a scheme fit but not that great shakes.

Ruhskins 07-28-2011 10:24 PM

[quote=Terpfan76;815791]Biased toward who? I'm just providing info that I didn't see posted. Everyone is acting like this guy is going to be great, but there's nothing really that shows he's anywhere near worth the money he got. I'm hoping for the best, just like the rest of us, but at the same time, this does look a little like Danny boy being Danny boy.[/quote]

No offense man, but anyone who believes Snyder is calling any shots at this point is in La La Land. I don't think Chester is Logan Mankins, but I think he will be a solid starter. He was a poor fit in Baltimore power block scheme and has the ability to exceed in our zone blocking scheme.

I will say this, anyone who thinks our offensive line of the past two seasons was better than what we potentially may have this upcoming season is delusional. Granted that anything can happen, but I believe this could be a solid line. They are not the Jets offensive line, but there has definitely been an improvement.

SmootSmack 07-28-2011 10:25 PM

JLC is just the source of the info that Chester was signed by the Redskins. The "analysis" is written by arbitrary people-some are former NFL people (like my anonymous almost always wrong so I ignore him now but he got Bowen right former agent source) others are just regular dudes-2nd job, college students. I suspect that if you wanted to write for Rotoworld you probably could. I know that as of a couple of years ago, the "hiring" process was non-existent

Dirtbag59 07-28-2011 10:35 PM

[quote=rbanerjee23;815582]ehh... did we overpay? yeah, but hopefully we can draft someone and develop him while chester plays for the next 2-3 years.[/quote]

We might have overpayed today. However a few years down the line this type of contract could easily be the norm for someone like Chester. With the way free agency works overpaid can become underpaid in a matter of years. The key is finding out weather or not we overpaid today. Not last year or the year before but today. Personally I'm inclined to think we overpaid on this but I'm not about to complain about adding a guy that could easily be tailor made for a zone scheme.

CultBrennan59 07-28-2011 11:34 PM

When I heard this signing on the radio the very next thing I heard was "We just overpayed for a backup."

BigHairedAristocrat 07-29-2011 12:10 AM

You're just upset the skins were smart enough to avoid signing any of the players in your sig.

chrisl13 07-29-2011 01:05 AM

I like the signing. Low key guy who can get the job done. He's not really that bad like some are making him out to be. May not be a Davin Joseph but is a starter in this league IMO. My only question is whether he'll play guard or center? I'm hoping guard.

mooby 07-29-2011 01:19 AM

[quote=chrisl13;815893]I like the signing. Low key guy who can get the job done. He's not really that bad like some are making him out to be. May not be a Davin Joseph but is a starter in this league IMO. My only question is whether he'll play guard or center? I'm hoping guard.[/quote]

That's what I'm sayin. He's a starter at least. People actin' like we just gave 27 million for a turnstile.

SmootSmack 07-29-2011 01:38 AM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;815863]You're just upset the skins were smart enough to avoid signing any of the players in your sig.[/quote]

Starting to change your mind on our moves the past two days?

skins89moss 07-29-2011 06:16 AM

I like the signing of Chester, and the releasing of Rabach. Rabach was a true pro and always lined up to play on Sundays. God Bless Casey and thanks for representing the Redskins Nation with class. Anyone know if Big Mike Williams is coming to camp after last year blood clots kept him out?

Monkeydad 07-29-2011 09:42 AM

[quote=Mechanix544;815729]i disagree. jamaal brown is going to return to form this year. also, we havent signed dahl or clabo yet :)

williams chester monty dahl j brown

compared to last year.........Me likey!!!!!

now qb is a totally different feeling.......me NO likey..........our offense is still super f*cked with a bum at qb.[/quote]

Clabo staying in Atlanta.

Terpfan76 07-29-2011 09:58 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;815796]I never pay any attention to the "analysis" on Rotoworld. It's kind of like Wikipedia, just about anyone can post anything on there and they do.[/quote]

OK, I can understand that. I never really paid that much attention to their analysts. I've used the site mainly as a source for news/transactions much like MLBTR. I still feel we over paid for someone who's done nothing to deserve that type of contract. Here's hoping he earns it and then some.

skinsfan69 07-29-2011 10:06 AM

Not sure this is an upgrade over Rabach. Are we just signing guys just for the sake of signing them????

Terpfan76 07-29-2011 10:10 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;815799]No offense man, but anyone who believes Snyder is calling any shots at this point is in La La Land. I don't think Chester is Logan Mankins, but I think he will be a solid starter. He was a poor fit in Baltimore power block scheme and has the ability to exceed in our zone blocking scheme.

I will say this, anyone who thinks our offensive line of the past two seasons was better than what we potentially may have this upcoming season is delusional. Granted that anything can happen, but I believe this could be a solid line. They are not the Jets offensive line, but there has definitely been an improvement.[/quote]

It's funny how you can use "no offense" and basically call someone any name in the book lol... Mind you I'm not accusing you of that, just making an observation.

While I've been much happier with the Skins moves since Bruce Allen and Shanny came along, to think the man that signs the paychecks has no say at all is a bit naive. It sure seems like he's allowing Allen and Shanny to make all the decisions, but based on previous history, it'll take more than one or two off seasons to change the perception that he's D.C.'s Napoleon.

As for the offensive line, it'll be hard not to improve considering how bad it's been over the years. Aside from adding Chester and drafting Maurice Hurt, who else have we added? We still need much more talent otherwise it won't matter who we have behind center as, like years passed, he'll spend more time on his back than upright.

I do love the direction the team is going now, especially with the additions to the defense. We may actually end up a top 20-25 defense... that's a helluva improvement... seriously.

Monkeydad 07-29-2011 10:12 AM

[quote=Terpfan76;816007]
I do love the direction the team is going now, especially with the additions to the defense. [B]We may actually end up a top 20-25 defense... that's a helluva improvement[/B]... seriously.[/quote]

[IMG]http://longgame.org/wp-content/uploads/confused-full.jpg?w=254[/IMG]