Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Rams) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=44450)

SmootSmack 10-02-2011 04:43 PM

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Rams)

Here we go

[B]Rex Grossman[/B] Overall he didn't have a bad game. He was actually quite solid up until the final quarter, including a nice TD pass to Moss and some nice throws to Gaffney. And the first INT along with the dropped Hightower pass on 3rd and short were not even remotely Rex's fault. All that said for the second week in a row he faltered when it was "clutch time" Very poor decision on the Laurianitis INT and a poor throw to Moss on 3rd down late in the 4th quarter. Rex can't keep making those mistakes. Still..."We're 3-1 inspite of Rex" is an argument I just don't buy...at all.

[B]Brandon Banks[/B] No idea what you're doing dude. Actually I suspect Banks thinks (perhaps with reason) his job is hanging by a thread so he needs to bust out a big return to justify his spot on the roster. But you're killing the team with some of these returns.

[B]Penalties[/B] We played sloppy today. What did we have 10 penalties? More? We had 10 the first three games of the season.

[B]FOX Sports Broadcast[/B] Not a good effort. Feed kept going in and out. Crazy aerial camera angles...on running plays. No sideline reporters. Not like FOX

[B]Kyle Shanahan[/B] In my opinion one of the brightest offensive minds in the NFL. But he doesn't have to remind everyone of it all the time. Keep it simple stupid

Ruhskins 10-02-2011 04:50 PM

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Rams)

Jim Haslett's zero cover blitz in critical situations has been a big wrinkle on an otherwise great performance by our defense.

GMScud 10-02-2011 04:51 PM

The zero blitz on critical 3rd downs. I don't like it.

And the lack of any sort of sideline reporting was puzzling. You're in the media, SS. What do you think that was all about?

Alvin Walton 10-02-2011 04:52 PM

LOL....you're dissing on a network?
Yea, those dang network guys almost cost us a win.

Chico23231 10-02-2011 04:54 PM

Kyle- I dont get it. No excuses in the 4th quarter to call the game the way you did. U did last week, ok we learn, but to comeback and do it again. Sorry I cant accept that. Very poor job.

Rex- How the f*ck are you so reckless with your back up against the goaline? You did it last week and comeback and do again this time at a key point in the game. No excuses.

D Hall- I can deal with ya getting beat or a PI call every now and then. But the stupid ass penalty was bush league. Cant do that and be a captain on the team. Saw it in the preseason with the fieldgoal delay of game call, last week blastin the coach, and this week with another weak penalty...not gud.

rbanerjee23 10-02-2011 04:59 PM

I'm going to go look this up but I'd be curious to see how often Banks makes it back to the 20 on kickoffs -- it seems that on ever return he gets stopped between the 15 and 18 yard line.

GMScud 10-02-2011 05:03 PM

Sam Huff- I'm listening to post game right now on 980- how on God's green earth is he still on the air? He's literally fully senile and has no idea what's going on. It's embarrassing.

Chico23231 10-02-2011 05:04 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;843619]Here we go

[B]Rex Grossman[/B] [B]Overall he didn't have a bad game[/B]. He was actually quite solid up until the final quarter, including a nice TD pass to Moss and some nice throws to Gaffney. And the first INT along with the dropped Hightower pass on 3rd and short were not even remotely Rex's fault. All that said for the second week in a row he faltered when it was "clutch time" Very poor decision on the Laurianitis INT and a poor throw to Moss on 3rd down late in the 4th quarter. Rex can't keep making those mistakes. Still..."We're 3-1 inspite of Rex" is an argument I just don't buy...at all.[/quote]

Did he have an NFL Offense Player of the Week game? :cheeky-sm

DynamiteRave 10-02-2011 05:04 PM

[quote=GMScud;843653]Sam Huff- I'm listening to post game right now on 980- how on God's green earth is he still on the air? [B]He's literally fully senile and has no idea what's going on.[/B] It's embarrassing.[/quote]

I lol'd.

I usually check out CSN's post game.

Chief X_Phackter 10-02-2011 05:06 PM

Again, agree with all of the above, although I couldn't watch the game. Glad you threw in BB this week. He could lose his job to Buchanan

I'll add in the nimwits who are calling for Beck too.

I hope that everyone that thought the Skins would dominate this game have now come back down to earth. The Rams aren't very good, as expected, but the Skins are not a complete team either. Long way for this offense to go - including the play caller. Special teams, except for the punt team (SAV) is not too good either. If it wasn't for our D, this team could easily be 1-3. Good news is Detroit and SF came back and beat Dallas and Philly...LMAO.

Dirtbag59 10-02-2011 05:08 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;843631]Jim Haslett's zero cover blitz in critical situations has been a big wrinkle on an otherwise great performance by our defense.[/quote]

0 blitz rules! Don't be a girl. Real men use 0 blitz. Yesterday I was in a bar trying to pick up a chick. Rather then walking up to her and simply saying "hi" I said "I want to f**k you." 0 blitz for the win!

Also I wanted a raise from my boss so what did I do. Ran into his office, tackled him, and demanded a raise! 0 blitz FTW!

Also I wanted to get a game free from Gamestop so after I got out of jail on bail I ran to my local shop jumped over the counter and grabbed a copy of Wii Fit. 0 blitz FTW

DynamiteRave 10-02-2011 05:10 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;843662]0 blitz rules! Don't be a girl. Real men use 0 blitz. Yesterday I was in a bar trying to pick up a chick. Rather then walking up to her and simply saying "hi" I said [B]"I want to f**k you." 0 blitz for the win![/B]

Also I wanted a raise from my boss so what did I do. Ran into his office, tackled him, and demanded a raise! 0 blitz FTW![/quote]

:rofl:

vallin21 10-02-2011 05:13 PM

[B]Banks:[/B] 2nd straight bad game. KR'S aren't even getting to the 20, and muffed a Punt. Don't know whats going on.

Agree w/ SS. Fox Sports was bad. The camera man was fooled on play actions, wierd camera angels,short blackouts, and late getting out of breaks.

[B]Penalties:[/B] Most of them were BS. Anytime a Punt Returner doesn't fair catch (TWICE), you're asking to get hit. Not worried about those. In general, the NFL is becoming a soft league. If it looks bad, It's gonna be a flag.

[B]Rex Grossman:[/B] Delay of Game is on Grossman, and that can't happen. Hightower and Moss dropped catchable 3rd down passes, but that last pick cannot happen against a good team. Rams didn't take advantage, but those picks (and near ones) you can't have.

Ruhskins 10-02-2011 05:15 PM

[quote=vallin21;843669][B]Banks:[/B] 2nd straight bad game. KR'S aren't even getting to the 20, and muffed a Punt. Don't know whats going on.

Agree w/ SS. Fox Sports was bad. The camera man was fooled on play actions, wierd camera angels,short blackouts, and late getting out of breaks.

[B]Penalties:[/B] Most of them were BS. Anytime a Punt Returner doesn't fair catch (TWICE), you're asking to get hit. Not worried about those. In general, the NFL is becoming a soft league. If it looks bad, It's gonna be a flag.

[B]Rex Grossman:[/B] Delay of Game is on Grossman, and that can't happen. Hightower and Moss dropped catchable 3rd down passes, but that last pick cannot happen against a good team. Rams didn't take advantage, but those picks (and near ones) you can't have.[/quote]

There were a couple of BS penalties. The false start against J. Brown was BS, so was the personal foul against Hall.

Dirtbag59 10-02-2011 05:15 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;843665]:rofl:[/quote]

Thanks I went to the Will Hill school of pickup. *sour* aka Master of the 0 blitz pickup.
[url=http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2011/1/19/1943956/the-happy-football-life-of-will-hill]THE HAPPY FOOTBALL LIFE OF WILL HILL - Every Day Should Be Saturday[/url]