Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64851)

Chico23231 07-28-2021 01:09 PM

Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

[quote=jamf;1286391]Lord send us a punt returner![/quote]

Everytime Sims Jr lined up to take one it became the most exciting play in the NFL. His catch-and-drop move is a classic

SunnySide 07-28-2021 02:18 PM

are we going to make a TC thread?

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
3h
Rookie 1st rounder Jamin Davis at middle linebacker with Washington starting defense. Same as we saw in minicamp.

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
3h
Landon Collins coming back in 9 months from a torn Achilles is a really impressive feat. We should recognize that

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
3h
With Cornelius Lucas on Covid list looks like rookie Sam Cosmi gets first crack at starting right tackle spot. That was expected anyway but now it’s accelerated. Also Wes Schweitzer at left guard and Leno at left tackle. Roullier and Scherff where you’d expect them

jamf 07-28-2021 02:32 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1286392]Everytime Sims Jr lined up to take one it became the most exciting play in the NFL. His catch-and-drop move is a classic[/quote]

I'm going to start wearing adult diapers if he is returner again.

sdskinsfan2001 07-28-2021 02:47 PM

[quote=jamf;1286399]I'm going to start wearing adult diapers if he is returner again.[/quote]

I think Humphries or Milne will be returning the punts. I don't see Sims Jr. making the team. Although now I hope he does so you have to wear diapers lol.

FrenchSkin 07-28-2021 07:46 PM

[quote=SunnySide;1286397]are we going to make a TC thread?

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
3h
[B]Rookie 1st rounder Jamin Davis at middle linebacker with Washington starting defense. Same as we saw in minicamp.
[/B]
JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
3h
Landon Collins coming back in 9 months from a torn Achilles is a really impressive feat. We should recognize that

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
3h
With Cornelius Lucas on Covid list looks like rookie Sam Cosmi gets first crack at starting right tackle spot. That was expected anyway but now it’s accelerated. Also Wes Schweitzer at left guard and Leno at left tackle. Roullier and Scherff where you’d expect them[/quote]

Thanks for the post.

Absolutely LOVE to read that one. (I know, it's July, but wouldn't they be inclined to let the vet start at the beginning of TC and see if the rook can beat him?)

Monkeydad 07-29-2021 10:46 AM

[quote=jamf;1286399]I'm going to start wearing adult diapers if he is returner again.[/quote]

Even when he took one to the house, he started the return by fumbling it!

Chico23231 08-02-2021 10:32 AM

It’s early but have heard per mostly Keim…

The safety position has been good. Collins at SS and Curl FS has been the top duo with McCain also getting time at FS and has looked decent. Collins has looked solid coming off injury.

So far the WR has been really competitive with the down the chart guys standing out like Both Sims brothers, Harmon and AGG coming out strong.

Have heard the rookies St Juste and Cosmi have looked like rooks. Hype came down to earth…buts early folks.

Keim has mentioned this too…Terry McLaurin has been impressive, maybe the most impressive guy in camp. He has been match up against the new FA CB Will Jax and has gotten the better of him so far.

Another sidenote from Keim…Rookie Patterson RB has looked decent, getting a lot of reps. He will get a strong shot to make the roster.

SunnySide 08-02-2021 11:30 AM

Interested to see if AGG can contribute.

6'4", 4th rounder.

Back end of the WR depth chart might be our most competitive battle. ST deciding who stays.

GridIron26 08-02-2021 11:56 AM

[quote=SunnySide;1286649]Interested to see if AGG can contribute.

6'4", 4th rounder.

Back end of the WR depth chart might be our most competitive battle. ST deciding who stays.[/quote]

I think there's a good chance he will be on practice squad

SunnySide 08-02-2021 12:06 PM

[quote=GridIron26;1286652]I think there's a good chance he will be on practice squad[/quote]

The NFL will carry over a series of 2020 roster rules designed to maintain adequate numbers if players are sidelined by positive COVID-19 tests.

The decision had been long anticipated but was confirmed during a media briefing Friday by Dawn Aponte, the NFL's chief football administrative officer.

The rules include:

Expansion of practice squads to 16 players, including up to six who have more than two accrued seasons.

The ability to protect up to four practice squad players per week from being signed by other teams.

Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.

Elevation of an additional practice squad player within 90 minutes before kickoff in the event of a late COVID-19 positive test result.

Players placed on injured reserve can return after three weeks, rather than six as in normal seasons.

Removal of the limit for how many players can be activated from injured reserve.

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31869693/nfl-carry-flexible-roster-rules-2021[/url]

good call on the PS, figured we could use a PS refresher .. nice that you can protect players now (now that we have a competitive deep roster)

EdmundDorf 08-02-2021 12:54 PM

Will he make it to the PS though... plenty of teams with WR issues who could take a flyer on a young 4th rounder

SunnySide 08-02-2021 01:38 PM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1286664]Will he make it to the PS though... plenty of teams with WR issues who could take a flyer on a young 4th rounder[/quote]

Looking more into it. I think he would be exposed to waivers if he doesnt make the team.

Even if he did make it to the PS, he wouldnt really be protected.

Weird thing I dont understand -- you read articles saying teams can protect up to 4 players on PS per week. But those players are protected starting Tuesday so they are exposed from end of that weeks game to Tuesday .. so they arent really protected.

------------

theres just no room on the WR depth chart

Terry
Samuel
Brown
Humphries
^^ these guys are locks

Then we have Cam Sims, AGG, Harmon, Dax Milne (7R), Carter, Wright and Steve Sims.

Are we going to carry 6? Can we protect AGG/Harmon?

this guy Carter was brought in to be our return guy I believe.

Crowded ass room with back end roster talent.

Defensewins 08-02-2021 08:48 PM

[quote=SunnySide;1286654]The NFL will carry over a series of 2020 roster rules designed to maintain adequate numbers if players are sidelined by positive COVID-19 tests.

The decision had been long anticipated but was confirmed during a media briefing Friday by Dawn Aponte, the NFL's chief football administrative officer.

The rules include:

Expansion of practice squads to 16 players, including up to six who have more than two accrued seasons.

The ability to protect up to four practice squad players per week from being signed by other teams.

Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.

Elevation of an additional practice squad player within 90 minutes before kickoff in the event of a late COVID-19 positive test result.

Players placed on injured reserve can return after three weeks, rather than six as in normal seasons.

Removal of the limit for how many players can be activated from injured reserve.

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31869693/nfl-carry-flexible-roster-rules-2021[/url]

good call on the PS, figured we could use a PS refresher .. nice that you can protect players now (now that we have a competitive deep roster)[/quote]

I like it. With the large amount of injuries in the NFL might make sense to keep this but at scaled down numbers after Covid. After Covid....not sure when that will be.

Chief X_Phackter 08-03-2021 01:47 PM

A couple names I didn't expect to see on this list, and one I surely did.

3 players who’ve made biggest impressions at training camp so far:

[url]https://riggosrag.com/2021/08/03/wft-3-players-whove-made-biggest-impressions-at-training-camp-so-far/[/url]

MissouriSkin 08-03-2021 01:57 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1286769]A couple names I didn't expect to see on this list, and one I surely did.

3 players who’ve made biggest impressions at training camp so far:

[url]https://riggosrag.com/2021/08/03/wft-3-players-whove-made-biggest-impressions-at-training-camp-so-far/[/url][/quote]

Collins being awesome is…..awesome. As I see it, these days you can’t have too many good players on the backs end.