Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   #8 Out of Practice/TC Takes Snaps (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=14605)

RiggoRules 09-27-2006 04:43 PM

#8 Out of Practice/TC Takes Snaps

[url=http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2006/09/brunell_not_practicing_guess_w.html]Brunell Not Practicing; Guess Who Took His Snaps? - Redskins Insider[/url]

Doesn't mean MB is out, but nothing scares me more than seeing Collins behind center in a regular season game -- especially against a D like the Jags.

Keep in mind it was a very similiar injury that was season ending for Brunnell.

AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace 09-27-2006 04:50 PM

Re: #8 Out of Practice/TC Takes Snaps

this team is falling apart...if he doesn't play, why not let the kid get some game experience? Tod Collins sucks

SmootSmack 09-27-2006 04:52 PM

Todd Collins takes some snaps in practice and that means the team is falling apart?

12thMan 09-27-2006 04:52 PM

what, that team is falling apart?

61cad 09-27-2006 05:00 PM

[quote=12thMan;220875]what, that team is falling apart?[/quote]

You most mean

"the team has fallen apart"

724Skinsfan 09-27-2006 05:00 PM

Sure, as much time as Jason Campbell has had playing in the NFL it only makes sense to let him loose versus one of the toughest defenses and also against our 90k+ home crowd.

Sheesh! Talk about being thrown to the wolves, trial by fire or whatever high-pressure situation cliche you can think of.

hesscl34 09-27-2006 05:03 PM

[quote=RiggoRules;220869][URL="http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2006/09/brunell_not_practicing_guess_w.html"]Brunell Not Practicing; Guess Who Took His Snaps? - Redskins Insider[/URL]

Doesn't mean MB is out, but nothing scares me more than seeing Collins behind center in a regular season game -- especially against a D like the Jags.

Keep in mind it was a very similiar injury that was season ending for Brunnell.[/quote]

It was a SMALL CUT!!! Now it has MB sidelined. WTF????

SmootSmack 09-27-2006 05:05 PM

[QUOTE=61cad;220880]You most mean

"the team has fallen apart"[/QUOTE]

"most mean" "must mean" same difference

firstdown 09-27-2006 05:15 PM

The teams falling apart? Do have a link I've looked all over and cannot find any stories about the Redskins falling apart. Whats going on? Who said this? Is this ESPN trying to turn attention away from the TO story? Did Snyder do something? Is he going to let Tom Cruise take a snap in the game? Come on man WE NEED TO KNOW no we demand to know whats going on.

saden1 09-27-2006 05:26 PM

TC scares the hell out of me. I'd hate to see him on the field, period. He nearly tossed 3 INTs during a preseason game in less than a quarter of action.

Mark is a vet so unless they want to expand the plays for the Jags game I don't think it's that big of a deal if he sits out a practice.

AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace 09-27-2006 06:03 PM

I'm just saying...springs, portis, now Brunell...that's bad

RobH4413 09-27-2006 06:05 PM

universe thread...

dall-assblows 09-27-2006 06:20 PM

what the hell! i thought jc getting the snaps if he had a week to prepare

WTF!

drew54 09-27-2006 06:41 PM

Ah, you see he missed yesterday. Not a full week.

skinsfan1982 09-27-2006 06:53 PM

I'm actually not that afraid of Todd Collins ( 6'4 228) playing because he knows the system, or atleast that's what they say given that hes been with Saunders over the last few years. Remember in the preason, everyone seemed to struggle, and we as a team looked horrible running plays that we can now safely say were not meant to be a part of the offense, or atleast the offense we saw in the Houston game. After struggling in the Cinci game, I recall him making some nice 15-20 yard (in the air) throws, and I think given his experience with the system, he would atleast do fine making the same throws Brunell made against Houston, and maybe might bring more to the table in terms of the medium to long range passing game.

The problem I have with Todd Collins playing if MB is unable to start is that it conflicts with what Gibbs said at the start of the season, and we get more unnecessary drama that distracts the team.

steveo395 09-27-2006 06:56 PM

Brunell is playing, there is nothing to worry about (except the fact that brunell is playing)...he was held out as a precaution

sandtrapjack 09-27-2006 07:02 PM

Welcome to my nightmare. Same thing happened when Romo got more snaps during preseason.....everyone thinking a change is coming.

If MB is not hurt and able to play, he gives this team the best chance to win.

Riggo44 09-27-2006 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=steveo395;220912]Brunell is playing, there is nothing to worry about (except the fact that brunell is playing)...he was held out as a precaution[/QUOTE]
:laughing- I agree there's no way Brunell miss this game. It's his old team. I know He's trying to blow that off. But he wants to play.

JWsleep 09-27-2006 07:59 PM

Brunnell was held out so the cut will heal properly--the thing they don't want is an infection. That would be a real problem, as it was for Rabach.

If the coaching staff is ok with Collins, I'm ok with Collins.

saskin 09-27-2006 08:46 PM

[quote=hesscl34;220887]It was a SMALL CUT!!! Now it has MB sidelined. WTF????[/quote]

That small cut got him out of Jacksonville...

MTK 09-27-2006 09:57 PM

Could this be fate coming full circle?

Same injury that knocked him out for the season when he was in Jax, same week in fact (week 3), and a young QB on the rise took over and never looked back.

Hmmm....

That Guy 09-27-2006 10:02 PM

man, talk about over reaction. it's one practice. he's missed tons of practices before.

MTK 09-27-2006 10:04 PM

[quote=That Guy;220962]man, talk about over reaction. it's one practice. he's missed tons of practices before.[/quote]

I'm sure he'll probably be fine and the team is just being overly cautious due to risk of infection.

Still, the same injury ended his season and career in Jax previously... I'm hoping history isn't repeating itself.

That Guy 09-27-2006 10:06 PM

well, it is more than a scratch, and if he is hurt, i'd much rather start the campbell train than even bother with TC. will see, but gibbs hasn't had any reservations about starting brunell at 25% health before...

offiss 09-27-2006 11:23 PM

I really don't want to see Collins out there, I feel this may be just the type of defense for Campbell to step into his first game, reason? He can use his legs to make play's, and rest assured whoever QB's this game is going to have to be able to run if he want's to live, and Campbell provides the best option to make a play with his legs at this point.

I kept hearing reports that Brunell looked really beatin up after the Houston game, if that is so what's going to happen when he play's a real defense like the Jags? Rest in peace Mark!

MightyJoeGibbs 09-27-2006 11:42 PM

A cut elbow?

Was this like a vital artery that got cut?

Or is he being held out of practice because he is doing a Geriatric diaper ad for women and cant ruin his diaper elbow?

EternalEnigma21 09-28-2006 01:47 AM

well, I just hope he's not suicidal....

dmek25 09-28-2006 07:42 AM

how the hell was brunell beat up after the texans game? i dont think they laid a hand on him the entire game. this must be offiss at work on the brunell haters train

ArtMonkDrillz 09-28-2006 08:20 AM

This is a bit off topic, but does anyone else think the picture of that writer looks like the PC guy from those Mac commercials.

hesscl34 09-28-2006 10:04 AM

Redskins.com lists him as playing, and I heard on the radio this morning that he'll be in the game. I think we are overreacting.

JWsleep 09-28-2006 10:42 AM

Apparently, Collins got the snaps becuase they assume MB is going to play. If they were sure he wasn't, they'd alter thier game plan for Campbell and give him all the snaps. This makes sense: if your going with a young guy, it makes sense to do all you can to help him. Since they think MB will play, they've kept their original game plan and Collins just steps in becuase he knows the playbook so well.

Sorry no link, but it's in todays WPost.

RiggoRules 09-28-2006 10:45 AM

There are two reasons why this injury COULD POSSIBLY impact Sunday (although everyone expects him to play now).

1. Throwing motion causes him "significant" pain.
2. This same exact injury was a season ender for him with the Jags when it became infected. With the near epidemic levels of staph in athletic facilities across the country, there is a real risk here.

724Skinsfan 09-28-2006 10:59 AM

[quote=JWsleep;221051]Apparently, Collins got the snaps becuase they assume MB is going to play. If they were sure he wasn't, they'd alter thier game plan for Campbell and give him all the snaps. This makes sense: if your going with a young guy, it makes sense to do all you can to help him. Since they think MB will play, they've kept their original game plan and Collins just steps in becuase he knows the playbook so well.

Sorry no link, but it's in todays WPost.[/quote]

That makes sense, actually. They assume MB is going to be able to start the game. If he should injure himself further during the game then Todd Collins, who's role is to fill in during games, will at least have had some practice snaps during the week.

Monkeydad 09-28-2006 12:30 PM

CALM DOWN, PEOPLE!

It's a small cut, he WILL play. Maybe he just wanted to give it a day to get a scab so it'll stop bleeding on the ball. Geesh people.

:D

Yeah, the report that Collins is practicing instead of Campbell IS a sign Mark will play.

dmek25 09-28-2006 12:32 PM

[quote=hesscl34;221040]Redskins.com lists him as playing, and I heard on the radio this morning that he'll be in the game. I think we are overreacting.[/quote]
overreact around here? people are ready to trash the season after 3 games. what makes you think anyone would ever over react around here?

Monkeydad 09-28-2006 01:07 PM

[quote=hesscl34;221040]Redskins.com lists him as playing, and I heard on the radio this morning that he'll be in the game. I think we are overreacting.[/quote]

Yeah, the men around here have been too hormonal this year. :)

hesscl34 09-28-2006 04:52 PM

[quote=Buster;221110]Yeah, the men around here have been too hormonal this year. :)[/quote]

I couldn't agree MORE!!! LOL :)

railcon56 09-28-2006 06:55 PM

[quote=Buster;221093]CALM DOWN, PEOPLE!

It's a small cut, he WILL play. Maybe he just wanted to give it a day to get a scab so it'll stop bleeding on the ball. Geesh people.

:D

Yeah, the report that Collins is practicing instead of Campbell IS a sign Mark will play.[/quote]
Both Gibbs and associate head coach Al Saunders said Brunell is suffering less from mobility problems than from a high degree of pain when throwing.

I think he will play but it is a concern high degree of pain when throwing:blah:

Longtimefan 09-28-2006 07:23 PM

Let's hope Brunell plays, I'm sure he'll be out there even if he's not 100%. If T. Collins does have to play, and plays well, we'll then have a controversy right?

vaoutlaws2006 09-28-2006 08:23 PM

[quote=Longtimefan;221203]Let's hope Brunell plays, I'm sure he'll be out there even if he's not 100%. If T. Collins does have to play, and plays well, we'll then have a controversy right?[/quote]

what do you do if collins plays,which i hope he doesnt, and lights up the scoreboard. there lies the dilema. but i look for MB to play sunday. He's got all weekend for that thing to heal pretty well.