Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Defensive Coordinator thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64542)

CRedskinsRule 12-23-2019 05:35 PM

Defensive Coordinator thread

So I am hoping you all can put some good names and bios out there for our next DC. I know we need a new one AND it will, hopefully, be the gm/hc decision. I don't know any of the potential candidates or styles so please add any tidbits you might have heard.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MTK 12-23-2019 06:28 PM

Re: Defensive Coordinator thread

Can we hire a respectable DC this time around instead of this B rate type we’ve had with Barry and Manusky? Get someone in here with a proven track record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chico23231 12-23-2019 06:39 PM

Would love to see Gus Bradley in here if Chargers hit reset. Proven guy who gets it done, he would be my no 1

Rex Ryan would be a dream, but if he continues to try to be HC, pass.

Chico23231 12-23-2019 06:40 PM

[quote=MTK;1240503]Can we hire a respectable DC this time around instead of this B rate type we’ve had with Barry and Manusky? Get someone in here with a proven track record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

B rate is being too kind. These two are scrap heap signings.

SolidSnake84 12-23-2019 06:56 PM

I would be happy to see Jeff Fisher as our DC, completely being serious. Although i think he only wants to coach again if it is a HC opportunity.

SFREDSKIN 12-23-2019 06:58 PM

Wade Phillips might be available, read somewhere that McVay might clean house.

DYoungJelly 12-23-2019 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1240508]Wade Phillips might be available, read somewhere that McVay might clean house.[/QUOTE]I read that also.

I'm a little gun shy on him not because of ability but that hiring coordinators piecemeal would be a huge turn off to good HC candidates.

Not that Jay was a good HC but how would the pitch have gone if Dan and Bruce said here's the job, but we're hiring your run game coordinator after a couple of years and picking your d coordinator. We don't know how much influence Jay had or didn't have but we know from multiple sources Bruce had as much as he wanted which is just bad.

If we all know how it went down, a good HC candidate would too.

That's the kind of decisions that relegate is to lackys because win or lose, every good coach wants to do it their way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chico23231 12-24-2019 07:06 AM

Kris Richard from the cowboys might become available...he runs a Tampa 2 4-3 most likely. He would probably get some buzz. Seattle experience...but was let go and now the boys passing coordinator and secondary coach. I like his pedigree in systems.

Steve Belichick I’ve heard is responsible for most of the defense calls this year in New England. His name has been buzzing for a jump outside the org for a DC job. Obviously the pedigree and the experience in a successful org would be great. 3-4 and 4-3 hybrids...lotta nickel. New England wants versatility in LB and Secondary positions.

Right now my choices:

1. Gus Bradley if available
2. Steve Belichick
3. Rex Ryan if he would accept dc role
4. Wade Phillips
5. Kris Richard

EdmundDorf 12-24-2019 07:49 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1240527]Kris Richard from the cowboys might become available...he runs a Tampa 2 4-3 most likely. He would probably get some buzz. Seattle experience...but was let go and now the boys passing coordinator and secondary coach. I like his pedigree in systems.

Steve Belichick I’ve heard is responsible for most of the defense calls this year in New England. His name has been buzzing for a jump outside the org for a DC job. Obviously the pedigree and the experience in a successful org would be great. 3-4 and 4-3 hybrids...lotta nickel. New England wants versatility in LB and Secondary positions.

Right now my choices:

1. Gus Bradley if available
2. Steve Belichick
3. Rex Ryan if he would accept dc role
4. Wade Phillips
5. Kris Richard[/quote]

No Greg Williams?

Chico23231 12-24-2019 08:03 AM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1240532]No Greg Williams?[/quote]

I’d consider him, but he gonna leave the jets?

OmahaRedskins 12-24-2019 09:52 AM

GW for head coach.

SFREDSKIN 12-24-2019 09:54 AM

[quote=OmahaRedskins;1240541]GW for head coach.[/quote]

No thanks

OmahaRedskins 12-24-2019 10:02 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1240542]No thanks[/quote]

The Browns were a lot better under him than the current coach.

skinsfaninok 12-24-2019 10:05 AM

I'd take Rex Ryan over sorry ass Manusky

skinsfan69 12-24-2019 10:36 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1240542]No thanks[/quote]

You probably have a dart board with Fischer and Williams on it.. 😆