Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ryan Kerrigan Appreciation Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64782)

Schneed10 12-29-2020 08:23 PM

Ryan Kerrigan Appreciation Thread

We all hope this is not the WFT’s final game of the season, but if it is, we should all watch it knowing that there’s a strong possibility it will be Ryan Kerrigan’s final game with us.

Who knows, maybe he resigns at a low cost simply because he wants to stay in the area and with the franchise, but we all know he can still play and with Montez and Chase here, he just won’t get to. I just see him deciding he has more football left, and I agree with him, and I think he’ll move on.

What a player. Never hurt, always working, always humble, always producing, always a pleasure to watch. Wish we could have seen you in the playoffs a bit more Ryan, but hopefully we give you a shot at it this year.

If Ryan were to read this, what would you want him to know? For me it’s just thank you, you made a lot of gamedays a lot of fun to watch, and I hope kids everywhere saw the example you set. HTTR

Pervis_Griffith 12-29-2020 08:43 PM

Re: Ryan Kerrigan Appreciation Thread

Class Act ... all the way. Definitely a Ring of Honor guy, no matter how this ends.

Thanks for everything, RK!

mooby 12-29-2020 10:26 PM

A leader on forgotten teams of yore, humble, statistically one of the best pass rushers in Redskins history. Worthy of the Ring of Honor just for the sack record alone, and easily one of the best draft picks this team has made in the last decade.

If this is it, thanks for all the work you put in. Thanks for showing guys like Allen, Payne, Ionnadis, and Settle what it takes to be successful. If our d-line becomes dominant for the next 5 years, he deserves part of the credit for leading with his work ethic.

My only wish is he got more recognition around the NFL. Hope he gets to go chase a ring with a team that's close. He deserves it.

And if he retires (doubtful), see you at the Ring of Honor ceremony.

sdskinsfan2001 12-29-2020 10:39 PM

Redskins legend and future ring of honor member. You couldn't ask for more from a player and teammate. If we had more Kerrigan's we would have more wins.

Chief X_Phackter 12-29-2020 11:06 PM

[quote=mooby;1270976]A leader on forgotten teams of yore, humble, statistically one of the best pass rushers in Redskins history. Worthy of the Ring of Honor just for the sack record alone, and easily one of the best draft picks this team has made in the last decade.

If this is it, thanks for all the work you put in. Thanks for showing guys like Allen, Payne, Ionnadis, and Settle what it takes to be successful. If our d-line becomes dominant for the next 5 years, he deserves part of the credit for leading with his work ethic.

My only wish is he got more recognition around the NFL. Hope he gets to go chase a ring with a team that's close. He deserves it.

And if he retires (doubtful), see you at the Ring of Honor ceremony.[/quote]

I hope the door isn't closed on him here. I'd rather him chase the ring with the WFT. Long shot, but that is what I'd like to see.

skinsfaninok 12-30-2020 09:16 AM

Class act, great leader and player

Chico23231 01-01-2021 12:09 PM

[url]https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/looking-back-ryan-kerrigans-career-washington-where-hes-been-class-himself[/url]

Good stuff

calia 01-02-2021 02:12 AM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1270983]I hope the door isn't closed on him here. I'd rather him chase the ring with the WFT. Long shot, but that is what I'd like to see.[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warthog 01-02-2021 05:24 PM

A great example to the younger players, and a guy who produced on terrible Redskins teams , when lesser players just packed it in late in the season.

I think he will finish out on another team for his last season or two - but he’ll be back here for the Ring ceremony once he retires. I wore his jersey for about 7-8 years!! Great player for this team. Amazingly, an excellent draft choice by Snyder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schneed10 01-03-2021 10:32 AM

I don’t think Snyder played a role in the Kerrigan pick. His MO is mess with the QB selection.

GridIron26 01-03-2021 10:59 AM

Kerrigan is a dream player for any coaches and fans. I really hope Kerrigan will end his football career with WFT but won't be surprised if he signs with a SB contender team (he deserves to have a SB ring).

MissouriSkin 01-03-2021 12:55 PM

[quote=GridIron26;1271293]Kerrigan is a dream player for any coaches and fans. I really hope Kerrigan will end his football career with WFT but won't be surprised if he signs with a SB contender team (he deserves to have a SB ring).[/quote]

So you’re saying he DOES resign here....😉

REDSKINS4ever 01-03-2021 07:32 PM

Kerrigan has been on the team since Brian Orakpo was on it..... that's a while back.... and now he has the team sack record.....I want Kerrigan to get a SB ring before he retires......

Schneed10 01-05-2021 11:45 AM

The reverse jinx that was this thread worked, we won the game. Let's try it again...

If this is Kerrigan's last game coming against the Bucs, I'm glad it gets to be at home. One more time at Fed Ex, one more chance to appreciate a great guy and great player.

:cheers

GridIron26 01-05-2021 12:46 PM

[quote=MissouriSkin;1271304]So you’re saying he DOES resign here....😉[/quote]

Lol

Monkeydad 01-14-2021 11:05 AM

[quote=GridIron26;1271293]Kerrigan is a dream player for any coaches and fans. I really hope Kerrigan will end his football career with WFT but won't be surprised if he signs with a SB contender team (he deserves to have a SB ring).[/quote]

We could be a SB contender. I hope he stays and retires here. Seeing him in anothe jersey wil just be painful to see.

Schneed10 01-14-2021 11:20 AM

[quote=Monkeydad;1274123]We could be a SB contender. I hope he stays and retires here. Seeing him in anothe jersey wil just be painful to see.[/quote]

I think we have to anticipate it. He said he wants a big role, and he knows Chase and Montez are the starters here. It will suck to see him leave but that's where this is going.

MTK 01-14-2021 11:26 AM

Love RK but he's a role player at this point whether he wants to admit it or not.

Monkeydad 01-14-2021 12:17 PM

[quote=MTK;1274140]Love RK but he's a role player at this point whether he wants to admit it or not.[/quote]

He actually played significant snaps vs. Philly in Week 17 but didn't appear on the stat sheet at all.

He's certainly not the force he used to be but he's still a great leader on the team...so I hope he signs a cheaper deal to retire here and he a part of our SB run next year. If can can get Stafford and other big pieces this offseason, he might be more inclined to chase a ring here.

MTK 05-17-2021 09:29 AM

[URL="https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/17/ryan-kerrigan-bids-farewell-to-washington/"]Ryan Kerrigan bids farewell to Washington[/URL]

CRedskinsRule 05-17-2021 09:36 AM

[quote=MTK;1283916][URL="https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/17/ryan-kerrigan-bids-farewell-to-washington/"]Ryan Kerrigan bids farewell to Washington[/URL][/quote]

I was just wondering if there was any chance he would be on the roster. Guess that answers it. Hope he finds a good landing spot for the rest of his career.

Ruhskins 05-17-2021 10:06 AM

And he's going to the Iggles...

[URL="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1394292770098098177"]@RapSheet[/URL]
Former Washington Football Team DE Ryan Kerrigan, who bid farewell to WFT after 10 years in an Instagram post, is signing with the #Eagles. A big-time veteran addition.

Chico23231 05-17-2021 10:16 AM

Eagles…really?

Good luck RK

Ruhskins 05-17-2021 10:22 AM

[URL="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1394293944767352834"]@AdamSchefter[/URL]
Teams that showed the most interest in Ryan Kerrigan were the Eagles, Steelers and Bengals. But he opted to stay in NFC East.

I know the Steelers are not a sure thing, but I would put them on top of the Bengals or Iggles. Maybe the Iggles promised him a starting role?

MTK 05-17-2021 10:34 AM

At least he didn't go to Dallas

Schneed10 05-17-2021 10:37 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;1283920][URL="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1394293944767352834"]@AdamSchefter[/URL]
Teams that showed the most interest in Ryan Kerrigan were the Eagles, Steelers and Bengals. But he opted to stay in NFC East.

I know the Steelers are not a sure thing, but I would put them on top of the Bengals or Iggles. Maybe the Iggles promised him a starting role?[/quote]

Doubtful, they have Brandon Graham and Derek Barnett still. I think Kerrigan will be their third for use as a situational guy. Possible they could play him inside on pass rushing downs too, with a look like Graham and Barnett outside and Cox and Kerrigan inside.

It's a shame he has to go to a team we can't stand so much, that's hard to see. But we have to do what's right for us and seeing what we can develop from three recent seventh rounders is the right thing to do when your starters are Chase and Montez. Between James Smith Williams, William Bradley King, and Shaka Toney you hope to have some depth develop. Toney in particular has upside.

Monkeydad 05-17-2021 10:56 AM

This is going to be painful to see but I couldn't hate the man even if he went to Dallas.

I just hope he doesn't beat us with a pick-6 or take out Fitzpatrick. :D

JackLord 05-17-2021 12:26 PM

Gaawwddd ... why did it have to be them?

Oh well. Hope he stomps all over the Giants and Cowboys.

Thanks for everything Ryan. See you at the Ring of Fame ceremony.

WCommandersfan99 05-17-2021 12:52 PM

[quote=MTK;1283921]At least he didn't go to Dallas[/quote]These are my thoughts. He clearly wants to play still. Love this guy and wish the best expect when he plays WFT!

Thanks for everything Ryan Kerrigan!!

GridIron26 05-17-2021 01:00 PM

Well this sucks, it's going to be weird seeing Kerrigan in Eagles uniform.. I'm surprised he didn't choose Steelers, they lost Dupree and haven't really found a replacement so I would have assumed Kerrigan would get more playing time with Steelers than he does with Eagles.

EdmundDorf 05-17-2021 01:24 PM

Steelers play a 3-4 I think so I can see why he maybe preferred to be a 4-3 end withe eagles

irish 05-17-2021 01:38 PM

Looks like Kerrigan is an Eagle.

skinsfaninok 05-17-2021 01:40 PM

sucks he went to philly but it is what it is.

Meks 05-17-2021 01:58 PM

That's disgusting

Chico23231 05-17-2021 02:29 PM

You know, I’m not too happy about this

MTK 05-17-2021 03:27 PM

Tough call, wish he could have finished his career here but at the same time I understand the team's decision to move forward from a guy who will be 33 at the start of the season and is no longer a full time player. Wish him nothing but the best. Future ring of honor inductee for sure.

CRedskinsRule 05-17-2021 04:03 PM

[quote=MTK;1283942]Tough call, wish he could have finished his career here but at the same time I understand the team's decision to move forward from a guy who will be 33 at the start of the season and is no longer a full time player. Wish him nothing but the best. Future ring of honor inductee for sure.[/quote]

I wish him nothing but the best with sacks of Dak and Danny piling up, of course 2 specific weeks in December I hope he has rather miserable showings.

Schneed10 05-17-2021 04:07 PM

He gives them depth which helps Philly but their secondary is still super vulnerable and he's not the kind of rusher that wins quickly. I don't think he makes a major difference in Was vs Phi matchups this year.

Chase Young in year 2 being all over Jalen Hurts definitely does.

skinsfaninok 05-18-2021 07:53 AM

RK started to grow on me the last couple years, he does go missing at times and now that he is older I don't see him being great in Philly.

CRedskinsRule 05-18-2021 08:22 AM

RK will have success but I doubt Philly will with Hurts at QB. Seems like he left and went to another team stuck in a quagmire. I wonder what criteria he used in decision-making.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk