Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post draft breakdown (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64834)

punch it in 05-06-2021 06:59 PM

Re: Post draft breakdown

[QUOTE=Monkeydad;1283343]Definitely no Sprinkle. He's the king of 4-yard receptions.[/QUOTE]

If he actually catches it first....

SkinzWin 05-06-2021 10:58 PM

[quote=MissouriSkin;1283172]Yeah pretty bold talk from a guy who isn’t in the league right now. 🤦*♂️[/quote]

I saw a report that said Robert wants to mentor Trey Lance. On what? How to not get your 5th year option picked up?

SkinzWin 05-06-2021 11:07 PM

[quote=MTK;1283331]Got excited about our new TE Bates after listening to Cooley on him. He loves him, said he reminds him of himself. Not sure what the initial comp to Jeremy Sprinkle was all about, Bates looks way more athletic.

[URL="https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/chris-cooley-very-high-washington-rookie-john-bates"]'Love this dude': Cooley is high on Washington's John Bates[/URL]

[YT]LDLb60v3NAM[/YT][/quote]

I was listening to Sirius XM NFL radio the other afternoon on the way home from work and Jim and Pat were talking about Bates. Said during a team interview Bates was asked what he needed to work on. The team staff member who had talked to Jim and Pat said most players answer something about selfish personal stats, like catch more balls, etc. this guy told Jim and Pat that Bates’ answer was the only time the WFT interviewer has EVER heard this said as an answer. “Whatever I have to do to win coach, I’ll do whatever it takes to win.”

I got a fucking hard on hearing that and that’s why I love Ron so much. He prioritizes this kind of mindset and is building an entire locker room full of guys with this mentality. I’m am so psyched for this year. Bates is going to play a good sized role for us.

skinsfan69 05-06-2021 11:37 PM

The wr room got real crowded. Gandy Golden, Harmon and both Sims could be in trouble.

sdskinsfan2001 05-06-2021 11:52 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1283368]The wr room got real crowded. Gandy Golden, Harmon and both Sims could be in trouble.[/quote]

Harmon is my dude. I think he will be a good player. But that's just my opinion.

Hope he sticks.

I think we need to keep 6 WRs:

McLaurin, Samuel, Brown (that's my starting 3), Harmon, Sims, and 1 of Sims Jr., Milne, Wright, Gandy or Humphries.

Harmon wasn't drafted by Rivera, so Gandy might have the edge over him.

FrenchSkin 05-07-2021 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=MTK;1283341]Cooley is usually pretty tough on evaluating TE's, so the fact he had a glowing opinion about this kid gives me a lot of hope.[/QUOTE]Yeah just listened to it, he definitely seems to think there's a lot of potential here. Not gonna wow anybody with speed but if he gets open, catches it, and is a solid blocker... I'd say that's something we haven't had on this roster since... Cooley retired ? (Not saying he is Cooley or is gonna turn into Cooley, but who was our last true all around TE ?)

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

punch it in 05-07-2021 07:04 AM

[QUOTE=sdskinsfan2001;1283369]Harmon is my dude. I think he will be a good player. But that's just my opinion.

Hope he sticks.

I think we need to keep 6 WRs:

McLaurin, Samuel, Brown (that's my starting 3), Harmon, Sims, and 1 of Sims Jr., Milne, Wright, Gandy or Humphries.

Harmon wasn't drafted by Rivera, so Gandy might have the edge over him.[/QUOTE]

I think Harmon could be good too. I agree with your 5. I want to keep AGG and Humphries though - who I think is a lock. Fuck Sims JR. Milne and Wright are gone. Can we keep 7? Probably not.

MTK 05-07-2021 09:14 AM

[quote=punch it in;1283379]I think Harmon could be good too. I agree with your 5. I want to keep AGG and Humphries though - who I think is a lock. Fuck Sims JR. Milne and Wright are gone. Can we keep 7? Probably not.[/quote]

Just based on what we saw last year Wright > AGG.

AGG didn't show us squat.

punch it in 05-07-2021 09:57 AM

[QUOTE=MTK;1283387]Just based on what we saw last year Wright > AGG.

AGG didn't show us squat.[/QUOTE]

No doubt BUT i like AGG potential. Like Cam a couple years ago. And honestly we are stacked enough at WR now that i think we can roll the dice on our number 6. Wright is serviceable at best. And if i knew AGG was a bust id take serviceable but I dont know that yet.

calia 05-07-2021 10:12 AM

Post draft breakdown

McLaurin, Samuel, Humphries, Brown, C Sims and then one of Harmon or AGG would be my guess. Sims and Wright probably gone and Milne to PS. Not sure if Harmon has PS eligibility but AGG does and they could go that route. I’d say AGG or Harmon over Wright because they know what they have in Wright and I don’t see him displacing the 1st 5 on this list. For the 6th slot (if you keep 6), they might be more inclined to focus on potential. They probably perceive a higher ceiling with Harmon and AGG but injuries have prevented us from seeing what that might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punch it in 05-07-2021 10:15 AM

Amazing how we can go from one wr to a logjam at who number 6 is goin to be in a matter of months.

AnonEmouse 05-07-2021 12:28 PM

[quote=MTK;1283387]Just based on what we saw last year Wright > AGG.

AGG didn't show us squat.[/quote]

I'm going with McLaurin, Samuel, Brown, Harmon, Cam Sims and Humphries.

The rest haven't shown enough to keep around, except maybe 1 or 2 guys on the PS (AGG and Wright?).

MTK 05-07-2021 12:33 PM

[quote=AnonEmouse;1283417]I'm going with McLaurin, Samuel, Brown, Harmon, Cam Sims and Humphries.

The rest haven't shown enough to keep around, except maybe 1 or 2 guys on the PS (AGG and Wright?).[/quote]

That sounds like the 6 we'll most likely keep to me.

GridIron26 05-07-2021 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=AnonEmouse;1283417]I'm going with McLaurin, Samuel, Brown, Harmon, Cam Sims and Humphries.

The rest haven't shown enough to keep around, except maybe 1 or 2 guys on the PS (AGG and Wright?).[/QUOTE]I think this is what we will go with.

EdmundDorf 05-07-2021 02:12 PM

Had heard that AGG was in danger after last year, but I don't think he makes it to the PS

AnonEmouse 05-07-2021 03:43 PM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1283423]Had heard that AGG was in danger after last year, but I don't think he makes it to the PS[/quote]

You mean he'll be picked up off waivers or that we won't bother?

EdmundDorf 05-07-2021 04:00 PM

Picked of waivers I would imagine, former fourth round pick worthy of a WR6 position on many teams, it would surprise me if he made it to the PS

FrenchSkin 05-07-2021 07:55 PM

[QUOTE=punch it in;1283400]Amazing how we can go from one wr to a logjam at who number 6 is goin to be in a matter of months.[/QUOTE]Good point ! And like you said about our DL squad : good problem to have !

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

Chico23231 05-08-2021 07:55 AM

We took Giants pick:

Dave Gettleman said on NFL Network that the two players they were looking at when they traded down were Kadarius Toney & LB Jamin Davis who Washington took at 19.

Monkeydad 05-10-2021 09:46 AM

I had not realized it before, [B]but the Jets drafted TWO guys named Michael Carter.[/B] One from North Carolina and one from Duke!

[url]https://www.newyorkjets.com/draft/[/url]

AnonEmouse 05-10-2021 11:45 AM

I can see this page being an active link on the Jets home page:

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Carter[/url]

;)

Chico23231 05-11-2021 05:47 AM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1283353]Agree 100.

This dude will have a huge impact on the offense. Sprinkle being on the field was a huge tell and was no threat.

This guy can help in the run game immensely and catch an 8 yard pass in the flat. Truly a dual threat.

Prediction: he will play considerable snaps for a 4th round pick.[/quote]

Yeah, hearing the Cooley breakdown and now Marcus Baugh released…. I think they really are confident he can be TE2.

Watching the clips he seems pretty damn athletic.

Chief X_Phackter 05-11-2021 09:08 AM

Yeah, I don't think Bates was a reach at all to the WFT staff.

Schneed10 05-11-2021 09:26 AM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1283566]Yeah, I don't think Bates was a reach at all to the WFT staff.[/quote]

Their read on it might be right. I keep hearing how hard it is to find TEs that are ready to be blockers in the NFL. It actually seems easier to find the pass catching / route running type.

Bates demonstrated he can block, and the team seems to believe he's a pretty good pass catching threat too. If he can do some of both successfully he'll have been worth the 4th rounder.

Nothing sucks worse than having a TE on the field who tips your hand as to whether you're putting him out in a route. Too easy for the defense to figure out what you're doing pre snap.

We'll see.

Monkeydad 05-11-2021 09:52 AM

Losing Sprinkle and Baugh also bodes well for Sammis Reyes' chances of making the team.

EdmundDorf 05-11-2021 09:53 AM

After last years result with Logan Thomas I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt

EdmundDorf 05-11-2021 09:54 AM

Reyes was given a three year deal with gaurantees, he is going to make the team regardless

[Edit] having checked OTC, they aren't very big guarantees so maybe not quite a lock

GridIron26 05-11-2021 10:46 AM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1283572]Reyes was given a three year deal with gaurantees, he is going to make the team regardless

[Edit] having checked OTC, they aren't very big guarantees so maybe not quite a lock[/quote]

He definitely will be with us at least 2 years, whether it's on practice squad or roster because it will take Reyes more than 1 year to develop as TE considering the fact that he has no football experience. We moved very quickly to sign him and even threw in the guarantees, I think that is a sign that WFT believes in Reyes's potentials.

AnonEmouse 05-11-2021 01:55 PM

[quote=GridIron26;1283586]He definitely will be with us at least 2 years, whether it's on practice squad or roster because it will take Reyes more than 1 year to develop as TE considering the fact that he has no football experience. We moved very quickly to sign him and even threw in the guarantees, I think that is a sign that WFT believes in Reyes's potentials.[/quote]

If, and it is a big if, he has the same potential as Gates did, there's no reason he can't be on the roster come season start. Gates didn't explode until his 2nd season but he showed enough in limited action his first season to give everyone pause for thought.

EdmundDorf 05-11-2021 03:16 PM

Wonder if Reyes would be safe on PS given how many teams were chasing his signature, look at some of the TE rooms around the league

Monkeydad 05-11-2021 03:37 PM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1283607]Wonder if Reyes would be safe on PS given how many teams were chasing his signature, look at some of the TE rooms around the league[/quote]

Likely not, there was a lot of interest in him. Ron pounced first.

FrenchSkin 05-11-2021 07:22 PM

Probably just a ST/depth move, but I HATE our 5th round pick tackling technique: [URL="https://markbullock.substack.com/p/what-does-safety-darrick-forrest?r=fd8sn&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy"]Mark Bullock Darrick Forrest breakdown[/URL]

FrenchSkin 05-11-2021 07:31 PM

[URL="https://markbullock.substack.com/p/what-does-de-william-bradley-king?r=fd8sn&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy"]7th round pick Bradley-King[/URL] seems to have a lot of potential, displays good effort, good depth move

FrenchSkin 05-11-2021 07:46 PM

One of the good surprise with [URL="https://markbullock.substack.com/p/what-does-unc-wr-dyami-brown-bring?r=fd8sn&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy"]Dyami Brown[/URL] is his run blocking abilities !