Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Russell to the skins? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17462)

RedskinPete 03-15-2007 03:46 AM

Re: Russell to the skins?

[QUOTE=AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace;287998]If this happens...we will win 4 games next year...quote me on that[/QUOTE]
Four games wouldn't be a lock and I bet we be lucky to win two!

offiss 03-15-2007 04:27 AM

[QUOTE=Redskins8588;288006]I think that this is total smoke screen. If there is a team that is interested in Russell that is picking behind us they may sell the farm to us, like the giants did with the chargers to get Eli, to move up to get him. I think that is all it is a ploy to get teams to trade with us on draft day...[/QUOTE]

Smoke screen is right, we have to be smoking crack to even consider taking russell, and anyone who would believe that we had an interest in obtaining him would have to be smoking the same, so in closing if we really think we are going to fool sombody with this feeble attempt to show genuine interest in Russell we are dumber than I could have possibly believed, and if we are serious about taking Russell than it is officially over for us until someone realizes that there is a giant cockroach waltzing around in Gibbs's body.

RedskinPete 03-15-2007 04:39 AM

[QUOTE=offiss;288012]Smoke screen is right, we have to be smoking crack to even consider taking russell, and anyone who would believe that we had an interest in obtaining him would have to be smoking the same, so in closing if we really think we are going to fool sombody with this feeble attempt to show genuine interest in Russell we are dumber than I could have possibly believed, and if we are serious about taking Russell than it is officially over for us until someone realizes that there is a giant cockroach waltzing around in Gibbs's body.[/QUOTE] Well the only thing that sounds right about this is if Russell fell to the 6th pick and we need to know what we have in him! I don't believe he will fall that far but you never know. As for moving up to get him that dosen't sound right at all so far out there that the next thing you know someone is going to say L.Briggs is going to be a REDSKIN!

chrisl4064 03-15-2007 04:50 AM

i feel like i need to say something..... i just dont know what to say about this, its retarded....

then again why not have him work out. im not totally banking on JC either. we sure do have a few more needs than this dude though.

dmek25 03-15-2007 05:01 AM

[quote=AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace;288000]My question is...why is he even coming to work out???[/quote]
probably in case he falls to #6. then we have alittle leverage in a trade

skinsfan_nn 03-15-2007 05:24 AM

Thats Fantasy football not real football, just a rumor. I don't believe that for a second!

xxjuschylnxx 03-15-2007 05:28 AM

jamarcus is worth too much right now. it would just as bad a choice economically as it would be tactically.

SWFlaSkinsFan 03-15-2007 05:40 AM

This is the kind of BS that really &%$#@# me off !!!
If there's even a hint that this could be true, then Cerrato should be
canned on the spot, Snyder should be forced to sell the team (for the good of the fans, who should storm Redskins Park), and Coach Joe should be gone for even allowing it to happen!!
JC cost us our 1st Rounders in '05 and '06, and had to ride the pine behind Brunell for a year and a half before he could even get on the field, and when he did ... the offense was energized by his skills, poise (remember the TD to Cooley in the Carolina game after the receiver in his helmet went dead) and ability to "make things happen with his legs" !!
This would be horrible, just collossally moronic !!!
My father would roll over in his grave ... multiple times !!!
Where's Lombardi when you need him ??!!

djnemo65 03-15-2007 06:18 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25;288016]probably in case he falls to #6. then we have alittle leverage in a trade[/QUOTE]

Is there any confirmed info that he is coming to Redskins park to work out? I know we went to his pro day, but that's because other LSU players were working out too. I think this guy is just an idiot. When JLC writes about this I'll pay attention.

skinsfan69 03-15-2007 06:24 AM

It is total BS. EVERYONE RELAX!!

Darrell_Green_28 03-15-2007 06:31 AM

[quote=RedskinPete;288013]Well the only thing that sounds right about this is if Russell fell to the 6th pick and we need to know what we have in him! I don't believe he will fall that far but you never know. As for moving up to get him that dosen't sound right at all so far out there that the next thing you know someone is going to say L.Briggs is going to be a REDSKIN![/quote]

L.Briggs is going to be a REDSKIN!

irish 03-15-2007 06:56 AM

IMO this is another example (if it happens) of how the redskins seems to value everyone else's players above thier own.

JGisLordOfTheRings 03-15-2007 07:21 AM

[quote=Darrell_Green_28;288027]L.Briggs is going to be a REDSKIN![/quote]

hahaha...nice.....

No really though. This is a buncha crap. A buddy of mine, who is a Skins fan (or at least claims to be) thinks in his opinion that we should take Russell. Then again, he, unlike I, isnt sold on JC WHATSOEVER. He makes a few valid points here and there but, wtf...no. No friggin' way in hell. If it happens, I'll shit a gold brick and become a monk in Tibet.

724Skinsfan 03-15-2007 07:29 AM

It doesn't hurt the team in any way bringing him in. It does hurt us if next week Jason buys some super awesome motorcycle, tries to do a wheelie and slams his head in a car. You can never be sure what's going to happen, might as well over-prepare for the worst case scenario.

Plus, showing other teams that we have interest in more than 3 players gives us a little more negotiating power when it comes to trading down.

ArtMonkDrillz 03-15-2007 07:33 AM

The only way I could support us drafting Russell is [B][I]IF[/I][/B] he somehow drops all the way down to us at the #6. The guy looks like he's going to be a beast, but we've already given up so much to get Campbell that I would be shocked if we dumped him after half a season of actually playing for another new kid.

Really though, I don't put much stock into this right now.