Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Select Adonis Alexander in 6th Round of Supplemental (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64135)

mooby 07-16-2018 09:22 AM

Re: Redskins Select Adonis Alexander in 6th Round of Supplemental

[quote=Chico23231;1196587][B]Because he is unreliable health wise, past prime skill wise[/B]. Its not hate, just skeptical...Im ready for camp cause Gray will sort out the log jam....no doubt. Decisions will be based on performance...I really like the group of guys we have in the secondary as a whole...

Scandrick, Dunbar and Moreau is gonna be a nice battle. Moreau's upside...im excited to see how he plays. Camp is gonna be fun this year with all the young talent.[/quote]

This. Idc how many corner positions he can play, he's old. Sometimes old is okay if the player was dominant earlier (see Davis, Vernon) but when he was only solid in his heyday it doesn't bode well when father time catches up to him.

punch it in 07-16-2018 08:47 PM

Our secondary still needs alot of help. Hopefully this guy can in some manner help. Ill take it for a sixth rounder.

Schneed10 07-17-2018 08:34 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1196587]Because he is unreliable health wise, past prime skill wise. Its not hate, just skeptical...Im ready for camp cause Gray will sort out the log jam....no doubt. Decisions will be based on performance...I really like the group of guys we have in the secondary as a whole...

Scandrick, Dunbar and Moreau is gonna be a nice battle. Moreau's upside...im excited to see how he plays. Camp is gonna be fun this year with all the young talent.[/quote]

I think you're out of touch with the Redskins' opinion of Scandrick and all reports that say he's working at both outside and inside positions.

It's painfully obvious their intentions are to start him on the outside and move him into the slot in nickel situations. If somebody makes the leap then I'm sure they'll reevaluate, but it's like you haven't read a single one of Gruden's quotes this offseason.

So you disagree with very smart football people. Wouldn't be the first time.

Chico23231 07-17-2018 08:45 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1196623]I think you're out of touch with the Redskins' opinion of Scandrick and all reports that say he's working at both outside and inside positions.

It's painfully obvious their intentions are to start him on the outside and move him into the slot in nickel situations. If somebody makes the leap then I'm sure they'll reevaluate, but it's like you haven't read a single one of Gruden's quotes this offseason.

So you disagree with very smart football people. Wouldn't be the first time.[/quote]

lol...oh the pain. I'm hoping he contribute in someway to the team other than sitting next to Reed on the bench injured or running after receivers into the end zone. I'm excited to see how it plays out and certainly he was signed with a role in mind and not a camp body. He versatility in or outside is a big plus. Cant wait for camp to start, we got a great mix of guys in the secondary. Hopefully Scandrick can raise his level of play, but Id like to see the future of the secondary rise up and challenge his spot...b/c Scandrick as we know isn't the future.

FrenchSkin 07-18-2018 12:23 PM

[url]http://stationcaster.com/clicktrack/index.mp3?media=%2Fstations%2Fwtem%2Fmedia%2Fmpeg%2F07_12_18_Cooley___Kevin_HR_2-1531402911.mp3&usecat=21773&subscribed=true&title=07-12-18+Cooley+%26+Kevin+HR+2&ext=.mp3[/url]

Good segment where Kevin and Redskins insider JP Finlay talk Adonis Alexander's selection and Redskins secondary.

Scandrick definitely is making the team, but Finlay expects Dunbar to win the outside starting job over him.
Scandrick would then play in the slot, but he also said he doesn't think our coaching staff would be upset to play one of our young guys over him (Moreau, Stroman, Holsey, Alexander...).

I'm excited about competition in the secondary!

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

MTK 07-18-2018 01:14 PM

I definitely see Dunbar and Norman starting with Scandrick in the slot. It’s not as if he signed a deal that indicates he’s cemented in as a starter. He’s veteran depth that brings some versatility.