Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskin FA Losses Vent Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=63867)

CRedskinsRule 03-09-2017 04:12 PM

Redskin FA Losses Vent Thread

I was ok with losing either PG or Djax, but in 10 minutes saying goodbye to both and CBaker (at around 6M per year) UNACCEPTABLE.

WTF ARE THE SKINS SAVING UP FOR, HIGH BALLING ROMO CUTLER AND POE

Welcome back Adam Archuleta

Feel free to join in the overreaction anger here!!!!

Chico23231 03-09-2017 04:15 PM

Re: Redskin FA Losses Vent Thread

IM done. The Chris Baker signing is unfucking acceptable. Fucking Redskins park should be fucking burned to the ground.

SFREDSKIN 03-09-2017 04:20 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1167240]IM done. The Chris Baker signing is unfucking acceptable. Fucking Redskins park should be fucking burned to the ground.[/quote]

I smell Benny Logan, hope I'm right.

MTK 03-09-2017 04:21 PM

The money all 3 of these guys got is pretty crazy. I'm not even mad.

CRedskinsRule 03-09-2017 04:24 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1167244]I smell Benny Logan, hope I'm right.[/quote]

Maybe, but there is a thing about keeping your own. Remember his tweet, save some money for the rest of us when KC tweeted Tag I'm it.

He was a Skins guy. Truly unacceptable, and check my posts I'm a staunch FO supporter.

This was a FO decision and a bad one.

(unless the new DL coach stakes his name to the decision and to the DL play next year. That's the only way and even then it needs to be explained in full, not coach of BAspeak)

Chico23231 03-09-2017 04:25 PM

[quote=MTK;1167246]The money all 3 of these guys got is pretty crazy. I'm not even mad.[/quote]

I really don't care about the WR, but Chris Baker is a major loss....unless we sign the Ravens NT. Then ill be ok

Ruhskins 03-09-2017 04:26 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1167247]Maybe, but there is a thing about keeping your own. Remember his tweet, save some money for the rest of us when KC tweeted Tag I'm it.

He was a Skins guy. Truly unacceptable, and check my posts I'm a staunch FO supporter.

This was a FO decision and a bad one.

(unless the new DL coach stakes his name to the decision and to the DL play next year. That's the only way and even then it needs to be explained in full, not coach of BAspeak)[/quote]

I feel the same way, but it is hard to overpay for someone in a defensive unit that stunk last year. Still I'm bummed Swaggy is gone, really liked him.

CRedskinsRule 03-09-2017 04:28 PM

[quote=MTK;1167246]The money all 3 of these guys got is pretty crazy. I'm not even mad.[/quote]

PG's was crazy. DJax 3 year 35M is ballpark I think - 11M isn't awful and I think with his missing games is about right for the rest of his talent. Baker, sorry 6 Mil/year for one of our own, that was highly regarded, and instead take a Cowboys mediocre dl. AWFUL!!!

MTK 03-09-2017 04:28 PM

I liked Baker but not at the price of doubling his previous per year money. Plus he's 30. Questionable effort at times too.

SouperMeister 03-09-2017 04:32 PM

We are looking at last place for the foreseeable future. Our front office NEVER acts proactively. They should have signed Kirk last offseason, but botched that. Now he is good as gone and the roster is unraveling. I can't believe that we didn't re-sign Baker. None of our FA targets wants to come here, and who could blame them??? I'm resigned to the fact that I may never see another Redskins Super Bowl since Snyder is about my age, and running a stable, drama-free football organization will never be his MO.

los panda 03-09-2017 04:34 PM

[quote=MTK;1167252]I liked Baker but not at the price of doubling his previous per year money. Plus he's 30. Questionable effort at times too.[/quote]

mcclain @ $5+m/year is only 1 year younger than baker who got $6+m/year.

i would have preferred baker stay.

Chief X_Phackter 03-09-2017 04:40 PM

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Yeah, I can’t be mad so far. Sure I would have liked to keep everything as is, or keep one of DJAX/PG, and/or keep Baker, but not for the money they made elsewhere. It’s still early, and there are still moves to be made in FA, and the draft.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I’m more disappointed about what has transpired with the Scot McCloughan situation. The things that were said two years ago – compared to where we are now with him…unreal.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Counter-Tre 03-09-2017 04:40 PM

"Go deep guys! Go deep!" (Desean Jackson runs to Tampa and Pierre Garcon to San Francisco). "Not that deep!"

Schneed10 03-09-2017 04:43 PM

I'm not that angry yet. I'll be extremely dissatisfied if we don't replace these departed players well.

I don't want to pay for older players, even if they are our own.

CRedskinsRule 03-09-2017 04:43 PM

[quote=los panda;1167261]mcclain @ $5+m/year is only 1 year younger than baker who got $6+m/year.

i would have preferred baker stay.[/quote]

Ditto

Chris Baker (defensive lineman) - Wikipedia
[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Baker_(defensive_lineman[/url])
Christopher Isaiah Baker (born October 8, 1987), nicknamed "Swaggy", is an American football defensive end for the Washington Redskins of the National ...
Tackles‎: ‎181 Quarterback sacks‎: ‎11.5