Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins v Saints Pre game thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64186)

skinsfaninok 10-03-2018 08:52 AM

Skins v Saints Pre game thread

WHO DAT????

Talk about a BIG game, yes I said BIG as in CODE RED!! No but it really could mean playoff implications for later on.

On paper we look over matched but I like the leadership Alex Smith brings along with the way our Defense has played.

If we can win this game on national TV, people will start to take this team seriously.

CRedskinsRule 10-03-2018 09:01 AM

Re: Skins v Saints Pre game thread

All I need to know is what's Alex Smiths record in domed stadiums.

FrenchSkin 10-03-2018 09:24 AM

I don't think we look that overmatched.
The Saints' D has a lot of weaknesses, against the Giants they ran a lot of man coverage and got exposed a bit on pick plays, crossing and drag routes.

Their O is flashy, you have to have an answer for Kamara. But if Moreau or Harvey-Clemons can limit him, I think we could play a lot of nickel and dime and be successful with it.

With how well our D has been playing so far (and I'm including the disappointing Colts game in that statement), they should give us a legitimate chance of winning this one if the Offense delivers.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 10-03-2018 09:26 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1201691]All I need to know is what's Alex Smiths record in domed stadiums.[/quote]

I'll dig it up but I consider the AZ game a dome since the roof was closed

skinsfaninok 10-03-2018 09:32 AM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1201696]I don't think we look that overmatched.
The Saints' D has a lot of weaknesses, against the Giants they ran a lot of man coverage and got exposed a bit on pick plays, crossing and drag routes.

Their O is flashy, you have to have an answer for Kamara. But if Moreau or Harvey-Clemons can limit him, I think we could play a lot of nickel and dime and be successful with it.

With how well our D has been playing so far (and I'm including the disappointing Colts game in that statement), they should give us a legitimate chance of winning this one if the Offense delivers.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk[/quote]

Their D has played bad and there will be big play chances but they shut down the Giants O, Barkley and OBJ were no where to be found. Yes we have a much better line than NY but I still think the Saints D could get better as the yr goes on.

FrenchSkin 10-03-2018 09:33 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1201698]Their D has played bad and there will be big play chances but they shut down the Giants O, Barkley and OBJ were no where to be found. Yes we have a much better line than NY but I still think the Saints D could get better as the yr goes on.[/QUOTE]Yeah if the line is healthy we'll definitely score more points than the Giants IMO.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Chico23231 10-03-2018 09:34 AM

Saints defense is really suffering...opportunities abound.

Looking at this game and are past 2 wins....whats the common theme? Running the ball to control the clock and keep the defense on the sidelines resting First Half....Conservative game management Second half where we lean on the defense a little more.

The best way to stop a good offense is to execute a good running game and balance pass attack. That way we keep a our defense fresh. The reason Payne and Allen played most the game is we didn't wear them out in the first half versus Green Bay.

Offensively, lets run AP and CT. I hope more opportunity for CT this week, Green Bay keyed him all game last week. With Saints secondary hurting (especially at Safety) take some shots when available.

Defense....much tougher task. Too me, its all about Alvin Kamara. He is the must stop. Mark Ingram is back but I think he will get eased back in with bout 10 touches. I think our Secondary can handle their receiving core...Green Bay had better overall talent at receiver and we played error free sans the blown coverage in the second quarter.

We MUST tackle better this week and we need Zack Brown to transform into the volume tackler to plug up the run holes. Zack needs to have one of those 14-15 tackle games stoping the run attack.

Burbon Street Kool-Aid Special:

Skins 29
Saints 25

Im going camping all weekend...and get back Monday afternoon to catch this one. Im pumped

CRedskinsRule 10-03-2018 09:39 AM

I think that Gruden opens the playbook and passing game, which will either go well or we will get buried early. I think Reed, Crowder and Thompson have to be the breakout stars this week, with Peterson playing cleanup hitter and keeping the ball out of Brees hands at the end.

Gruden has to remember last year's devastating loss to them.

SFREDSKIN 10-03-2018 09:49 AM

Mason Foster and Zach Brown are going to be busy with Kamara and screen passes. Kamara is their Thompson version and primary target along with Michael Thomas, key is to focus on both of those players, Dunbar and Norman need to step it up.

skinsfaninok 10-03-2018 09:50 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1201700]Saints defense is really suffering...opportunities abound.

Looking at this game and are past 2 wins....whats the common theme? Running the ball to control the clock and keep the defense on the sidelines resting First Half....Conservative game management Second half where we lean on the defense a little more.

The best way to stop a good offense is to execute a good running game and balance pass attack. That way we keep a our defense fresh. The reason Payne and Allen played most the game is we didn't wear them out in the first half versus Green Bay.

Offensively, lets run AP and CT. I hope more opportunity for CT this week, Green Bay keyed him all game last week. With Saints secondary hurting (especially at Safety) take some shots when available.

Defense....much tougher task. Too me, its all about Alvin Kamara. He is the must stop. Mark Ingram is back but I think he will get eased back in with bout 10 touches. I think our Secondary can handle their receiving core...Green Bay had better overall talent at receiver and we played error free sans the blown coverage in the second quarter.

We MUST tackle better this week and we need Zack Brown to transform into the volume tackler to plug up the run holes. Zack needs to have one of those 14-15 tackle games stoping the run attack.

[B]Burbon Street Kool-Aid Special:[/B]

Skins 29
Saints 25

Im going camping all weekend...and get back Monday afternoon to catch this one. Im pumped[/quote]

LOL Pour me some too!!!!

skinsfaninok 10-03-2018 09:58 AM

[quote=credskinsrule;1201691]all i need to know is what's alex smiths record in domed stadiums.[/quote]

10-10

GridIron26 10-03-2018 10:33 AM

Redskins can win this game but they will need to play near to perfect in this game. Saints get Ingram back from suspension; I bet it will make big difference for Saints' running game, which is not good news for Redskins. I'm really curious to see how Redskins dline will play this time since we will play against a non-mobile QB, hoping to see dline and LBs get some sacks in the game.

I think we will see Smith throw more than 300 yards in this game.

TheMalcolmConnection 10-03-2018 11:37 AM

I'm mostly nervous about Michael Thomas. Norman traditionally seems like he struggles against the bigger, physical guys.

On paper, this looks like the most Skins-like loss ever. Prime-time. After a bye. A player on the other team close to a record? In years past, I'd have said we lose like 62-21.

Time to flip the script bitches! We win 35-28. Brees gives us all a heart attack in the fourth quarter again, but with a different outcome. Allen or Payne planting him on his ass on fourth down to end the game.

skinsfan69 10-03-2018 11:45 AM

I want to see Doc get off this week. We gotta score points, cause they are going to. No conservative 2nd half bullshit Jay.

sdskinsfan2001 10-03-2018 11:50 AM

2 Sundays in a row of no Redskins football is dogshit. Thanks NFL.

Saints 31, Skins 27. Ugh. I want crow for dinner on Monday.

jamf 10-03-2018 01:29 PM

Doctson will have 10 receptions for 213 yards and 3 TDs.
Redskins win 42-24

sdskinsfan2001 10-03-2018 01:35 PM

If Skins win this game, I think its a lock we make the playoffs (if healthy). If we lose, we can still make it. But this is a turn the corner game. Get a chance to prove on the big stage that this team is a legitimate threat this season. No more same ole Redskins.

irish 10-03-2018 03:40 PM

They should have won this game last year. They win it this year.

WAS 27
NO 20

MTK 10-03-2018 03:58 PM

I think this will be a coming out party for the D. Specifically the defensive line.

FrenchSkin 10-03-2018 04:27 PM

[quote=irish;1201739]They should have won this game last year. They win it this year.

WAS 27
NO 20[/quote]

This. Healthy OL. Healthy and improved D. Let's do this.

calia 10-03-2018 04:46 PM

[quote=jamf;1201734]Doctson will have 10 receptions for 213 yards and 3 TDs.
Redskins win 42-24[/quote]

I'll have what he's having....

That would be great -- but if not, I'd like to see Mo Harris on a fly route or two.

rocnrik 10-03-2018 07:40 PM

Dang I wish I had the confidence in this team you guys have! I’m sorry but I don’t trust jay to get them ready and make adjustments if needed. Saints win ... hope I’m wrong!

punch it in 10-03-2018 07:57 PM

[QUOTE=CRedskinsRule;1201691]All I need to know is what's Alex Smiths record in domed stadiums.[/QUOTE]

[emoji23]

punch it in 10-03-2018 07:58 PM

Man by the time Monday night rolls around it is going to feel like week one again.
Skins 34
Aints 33

KI Skins Fan 10-04-2018 09:31 AM

Don't worry about it. We'll beat 'em. Have I ever been wrong before?

Schneed10 10-04-2018 09:55 AM

All Day has a big game and we keep Kamara and Ingram under wraps just enough, and as a result we win the time of possession battle. This is where the bandwagon's engine starts to roar.

Skins 27
Saints 23

SFREDSKIN 10-04-2018 10:30 AM

Everytime DJ opens his mouth he gets burned, STFU and play the game.
[url]http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/37291/d-j-swearinger-intent-on-preventing-drew-brees-from-setting-record[/url]

mooby 10-04-2018 11:08 AM

I'm seeing too much optimism here and too much talking by DJ Swearinger. Rarely do I say this, but I agree with SF.

Brees breaks the record and Saints win 35-20. Remember, we only play well/win when nobody expects us to.

Ruhskins 10-04-2018 11:17 AM

DJ is the only one that showed up for that Colts game and called out the team for being not being focused enough that week for a game they could have won. I'm fine with him motivating the DBs in this manner. What are they supposed to do, roll over for Brees?

skinsfaninok 10-04-2018 11:17 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1201763]Everytime DJ opens his mouth he gets burned, STFU and play the game.
[url]http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/37291/d-j-swearinger-intent-on-preventing-drew-brees-from-setting-record[/url][/quote]

Brees will break the record on MNF, It's a great set up for it all to happen... But DJ is a true leader and we need that, yes he talks shit but this season so far he has backed it up

MTK 10-04-2018 11:27 AM

I’m really not seeing anything bad about what Swearinger is saying, he’s not talking trash about Brees, some of you guys need to loosen up those panties a bit

skinsfaninok 10-04-2018 11:29 AM

Saints also just signed a CB off the street, they are hurting bad back there.

sevier2 10-04-2018 11:33 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1201735]If Skins win this game, I think its a lock we make the playoffs (if healthy). If we lose, we can still make it. But this is a turn the corner game. Get a chance to prove on the big stage that this team is a legitimate threat this season. No more same ole Redskins.[/quote]

I feel like we've said this before every prime time game for the past 3-4 years (Pittsburgh, etc.) or so and have always been disappointed. The old cliche comes to mind where they say, "Insanity is defined by doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results."

But this time it's different!

Haha, call me insane but I too believe we can make a statement here on the national stage. Defense is improved and we had them last year. Guys will come out hungry and fresh from the Bye with a bad taste in their mouth.

HTTR!

Schneed10 10-04-2018 11:59 AM

This should be a game where Crowder can get going. They lost their nickel Patrick Robinson who was a pain in the ass against us last year when he was an Eagle. Lattimore is a beast so don't look for Doctson to get going this week, but they're thin when it comes to covering the slot. Crowder on turf, advantage us.

skinsfaninok 10-04-2018 12:01 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1201776]This should be a game where Crowder can get going. They lost their nickel Patrick Robinson who was a pain in the ass against us last year when he was an Eagle. Lattimore is a beast so don't look for Doctson to get going this week, but they're thin when it comes to covering the slot. Crowder on turf, advantage us.[/quote]

Def will be a starter for me on Fanduel :)

skinsfan69 10-04-2018 01:28 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1201763]Everytime DJ opens his mouth he gets burned, STFU and play the game.
[url]http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/37291/d-j-swearinger-intent-on-preventing-drew-brees-from-setting-record[/url][/quote]

Brees might get the record by halftime...lol. Seriously, we're not holding Brees to under 200 yards. That laughable. Just limit the big plays and get a couple of turnovers.

skinsfan69 10-04-2018 01:31 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1201776]This should be a game where Crowder can get going. They lost their nickel Patrick Robinson who was a pain in the ass against us last year when he was an Eagle. Lattimore is a beast so [B]don't look for Doctson to get going this week,[/B] but they're thin when it comes to covering the slot. Crowder on turf, advantage us.[/quote]

I doubt Lattimore stays w/ our 4th or 5th option. Doc may be able to actually have a decent game, that is if his heel isn't hurting him.

Schneed10 10-04-2018 01:35 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1201785]I doubt Lattimore stays w/ our 4th or 5th option. Doc may be able to actually have a decent game, that is if his heel isn't hurting him.[/quote]

Very well but the Saints have no history of putting Lattimore in the slot. So either they start for the first time against Crowder or they put him against Richardson/Doctson.

Either way there should be opportunity. They're not deep enough at DB - if Lattimore actually does move to the slot for the first time then Doctson would line up against a pretty poor player.

mooby 10-04-2018 06:41 PM

We're going to be the first team in 5 years to hold Brees to under 200 passing yards?

Why don't we set attainable goals, like winning the game.

htownskinfan 10-04-2018 06:54 PM

Bree's throws for over 400
Kamara has 200 all purpose yards
Micheal Thomas has 150 yards
Saints 51-24