Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   (Update) Bills Fire Jauron; Plan to Speak with Shanahan (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33463)

12thMan 11-17-2009 10:35 PM

re: (Update) Bills Fire Jauron; Plan to Speak with Shanahan

[quote=DBUCHANON101;627028]Brian Billick had a saying on NFL Network "If its inevitable then it needs to be eminent" Id have to say that applies to us in so many ways.

I couldnt understand how Buffalo went out and got one of the best deep threat wrs in the league and then traded their OT, and not only that but he didnt make any moves for a replacement. You cant go deep if your QB is on his arse.[/quote]

T.O [I]was [/I]one of the best deep threats. I think his last good year was a couple seasons ago in Dallas. He's been very average at best of late. I doubt if he's even in Buffalo next year.

Zerohero 11-17-2009 10:37 PM

This sucks, i had Bowe on my fantasy team. He wasn't great, but was consistant.

Lotus 11-17-2009 10:41 PM

Plus the Bills fired their OC just as the season began.

Kalisto2010 11-18-2009 01:05 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;626914]Sucks for Jauron but he was a dead man walking. Jauron is a good football man even though his record doesn't show it.[/quote]

Indeed.. Some coaches are meant to be coordinators not Head Coaches and Dick Jauron is one of them. Kevin Gilbride and Norv turner are excellent examples also. Coaches who excel as offensive coordinators but fail miserably as Head Coaches. Dick Jauron won't have any trouble finding a job as someone's defensive coordinator next season.

Ruhskins 11-18-2009 01:09 AM

[quote=Kalisto2010;627110]Indeed.. Some coaches are meant to be coordinators not Head Coaches and Dick Jauron is one of them. Kevin Gilbride and Norv turner are excellent examples also. Coaches who excel as offensive coordinators but fail miserably as Head Coaches. Dick Jauron won't have any trouble finding a job as someone's defensive coordinator next season.[/quote]

I wonder if that's true of Gregg Williams. Up until recently, Nolan seemed to be a good defensive coordinator in Denver after stinking it up in San Fran.

dmek25 11-18-2009 06:50 AM

i thought Nolan sucked when he was here

Monkeydad 11-18-2009 12:03 PM

Well, the billboards worked I guess.

freddyg12 11-18-2009 01:38 PM

I thought jauron did a great job in buffalo. He got that team to play hard & competitive even though they lacked talent, especially on the O. They can't keep good players there, no one seems to want to stay in small & cold buffalo.

They gave good teams a fight under Jauron. I really don't see them getting better this year.

SmootSmack 11-18-2009 03:53 PM

[quote=freddyg12;627292]I thought jauron did a great job in buffalo. He got that team to play hard & competitive even though they lacked talent, especially on the O. They can't keep good players there, no one seems to want to stay in small & cold buffalo.

They gave good teams a fight under Jauron. I really don't see them getting better this year.[/quote]

It's not reported much but if you (the collective you) consider Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones, and Al Davis to be the three most meddlesome owners in the league then Ralph Wilson would be fourth and probably higher. Plus, he doesn't pay well and you're talking about living in Buffalo in the winter time

Nonetheless...[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4667849]Sources: Buffalo Bills contract Mike Shanahan about coaching opening - ESPN[/url]

BigHairedAristocrat 11-18-2009 04:02 PM

If Shanahan meets with Buffalo, its only to increase his asking price. Right now, he is - by far - the best guy who will be on the open market and he knows it. He'll command atleast 7MM a year and no way Wilson would pay that.

SmootSmack 11-18-2009 04:38 PM

I'd be absolutely stunned if Shanahan went to Buffalo.

firstdown 11-18-2009 05:51 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;626865][URL="http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/11/nflcom-buffalo-bills-fire-head-coach-dick-jauron/1"]Buffalo Bills fire head coach Dick Jauron - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com[/URL]

[URL="http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/11/nfl-suspends-chiefs-dwayne-bowe-four-games-for-performance-enhancing-substances-violation/1?loc=interstitialskip"]NFL suspends Chiefs' Dwayne Bowe four games for performance-enhancing substances violation - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com[/URL]

Didn't feel like starting two threads[/quote]

Wow, there goes the Chief's season.

DBUCHANON101 11-18-2009 08:38 PM

found this on ESPN Rumors

But might the Bills take a look to their rich AFL history to select the next head man? Several pundits -- including AFC East blogger Tim Graham -- have suggested that the team may go with Marty Schottenheimer, who was dumped by the Chargers after leading them to a 14-2 record in the 2007 season, and who played for the Bills in the 1960's.

An interesting angle to the Schottenheimer hire would be that it would open the door for him to hire his son, Brian Schottenheimer, as offensive coordinator -- a reverse of what Lane Kiffin did at the University of Tennessee in hiring his pops as the defensive coordinator. Brian was considered a leading candidate to take over as head coach of the New York Jets following the ouster of Eric Mangini, but the team eventually hired Rex Ryan, which did not sit well with Schottenheimer at the time. Going further with this hypothetical, we could foresee the Schottenheimers setting up a progression plan in Buffalo, where Marty would coach for a set period, then the team could have an easy transition to Brian

skinsnut 11-18-2009 09:12 PM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;627386]found this on ESPN Rumors

But might the Bills take a look to their rich AFL history to select the next head man? Several pundits -- including AFC East blogger Tim Graham -- have suggested that the team may go with Marty Schottenheimer, who was dumped by the Chargers after leading them to a 14-2 record in the 2007 season, and who played for the Bills in the 1960's.

An interesting angle to the Schottenheimer hire would be that it would open the door for him to hire his son, Brian Schottenheimer, as offensive coordinator -- a reverse of what Lane Kiffin did at the University of Tennessee in hiring his pops as the defensive coordinator. Brian was considered a leading candidate to take over as head coach of the New York Jets following the ouster of Eric Mangini, but the team eventually hired Rex Ryan, which did not sit well with Schottenheimer at the time. Going further with this hypothetical, we could foresee the Schottenheimers setting up a progression plan in Buffalo, where Marty would coach for a set period, then the team could have an easy transition to Brian[/quote]

Boy...this idea sounds pretty cool to me...I wouldn't be opposed to this in DC

DBUCHANON101 11-18-2009 09:40 PM

[quote=skinsnut;627392]Boy...this idea sounds pretty cool to me...I wouldn't be opposed to this in DC[/quote]

Same thing i thought when i read it.