Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Come up with a new name for the Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64635)

rocnrik 12-02-2021 09:19 PM

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Washington DC is the nations capital .. it is The COMMAND center of the USA .. the name needs to have some relevant to the area ..I Could see the Defenders also but I’m so over animal names for teams ..

SFREDSKIN 12-02-2021 09:27 PM

How about the Washington Terrapins, they can co-exist with Maryland

sdskinsfan2001 12-02-2021 09:29 PM

You guys have all turned me off from Commanders.

Washington Commanders is a long name too. Not really a good way to shorten it either.

CRedskinsRule 12-02-2021 09:30 PM

[QUOTE=rocnrik;1301928]Washington DC is the nations capital .. it is The COMMAND center of the USA .. the name needs to have some relevant to the area ..I Could see the Defenders also but I’m so over animal names for teams ..[/QUOTE]I hate people saying the name has to have relevance to the area. Wright's comments about relevance were meant to capture tradition, pride, and other intangibles that were made clear in the videos. They easily apply to many names including Wolves.
As to animal names, the one part of the Making the brand videos that really stood out was a zoom call with about 15 kids, and one kid says it has to be an animal, so the interviewer asks all of them if it should be an animal, and all of them but one said yes enthusiastically. I don't think they show that if Wolves isn't a serious consideration.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SFREDSKIN 12-02-2021 09:35 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1301933]I hate people saying the name has to have relevance to the area. Wright's comments about relevance were meant to capture tradition, pride, and other intangibles that were made clear in the videos. They easily apply to many names including Wolves.
As to animal names, the one part of the Making the brand videos that really stood out was a zoom call with about 15 kids, and one kid says it has to be an animal, so the interviewer asks all of them if it should be an animal, and all of them but one said yes enthusiastically. I don't think they show that if Wolves isn't a serious consideration.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

The Hedgehogs in honor of Ron Jeremy

rocnrik 12-02-2021 09:44 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1301932]You guys have all turned me off from Commanders.

Washington Commanders is a long name too. Not really a good way to shorten it either.[/quote]

Yea … buccaneers sounds a bit long also 🙄

CRedskinsRule 12-02-2021 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=rocnrik;1301939]Yea … buccaneers sounds a bit long also [emoji849][/QUOTE]Buccaneers gets shortened to Bucs all the time.

How do you shorten Commanders?
Comms?
Mands?
Ders?
COs?

rocnrik 12-02-2021 09:59 PM

You don’t … so you would pick a name only if you could shorten it … well if that’s the case we should just stay with the skins …

CRedskinsRule 12-02-2021 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=rocnrik;1301946]You don’t … so you would pick a name only if you could shorten it … well if that’s the case we should just stay with the skins …[/QUOTE]If we could stay with the Skins we would. Yes generally having a good name includes something you can chant

rocnrik 12-02-2021 10:03 PM

So how do you shorten Red wolves ?

CRedskinsRule 12-02-2021 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=rocnrik;1301950]So how do you shorten Red wolves ?[/QUOTE]Wolves

rocnrik 12-02-2021 10:12 PM

You into those nicknames of the nickname ? I’ll be glad when they name the team and it will be what it is

rocnrik 12-02-2021 10:18 PM

It’s like UVA Cavaliers.. people call them Hoos?? So is the name wahoos or cavaliers? Makes no sense at all .. and if that’s the case if the name is commanders then I guess I can call them the redskins .. which is what I call them anyway

FrenchSkin 12-03-2021 01:53 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1301924]So you don’t like the Commanders but would be cool with the Armada?[/quote]

Not my preference. Actually quite far down my personal list. But I could see how I could get on board with it.
Even if it initially refers to a warships fleet, Armada more widely expresses a group of men fighting together.
Commanders just refers to the few that are giving orders.

That's like the opposite of team spirit to me. I want the name to refer to the whole team, how many commanders can you have on a team before it self destructs ?

Anyway, mainly a subjective thing, for me Commanders simply sounds like a couple of old white dudes in uniforms with a bunch of sticks up their arses, nothing cool nor exciting about it.

AnonEmouse 12-03-2021 04:12 AM

The Washington Privates maybe then? ;)