Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Come up with a new name for the Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64635)

punch it in 07-06-2020 08:37 PM

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Apparently RR is adamant about the new logo/nickname paying tribute to the military. I keep thinking Red Tails. Not the best. Not the worst. Depends on the logo.

ram29jackson 07-06-2020 08:43 PM

better not change the logo

punch it in 07-06-2020 09:12 PM

[QUOTE=ram29jackson;1254110]better not change the logo[/QUOTE]

It is absolutely changing with the name.

punch it in 07-06-2020 09:12 PM

[url]https://arizonasports.com/story/2317130/sports-book-sets-odds-on-new-teams-names-for-redskins-indians/[/url]

Jimbo 07-06-2020 09:18 PM

Here’s two names.
Washington redbuds ,cause you Gotta be smoking something to change your name.

Washington turncoats, when you turn your back on your fans.

mooby 07-06-2020 09:23 PM

[quote=punch it in;1254109]Apparently RR is adamant about the new logo/nickname paying tribute to the military. I keep thinking Red Tails. Not the best. Not the worst. Depends on the logo.[/quote]

Washington Seal Team 6

Washington Narcos

Washington Apaches (the logo is the heli, not the tribe)

Washington Marines

Washington Sea-men

Washington Generals (we're already the laughingstock of the league, might as well own it)

Washington Black Hawks (again, the helicopters, I think the Blackhawk tribe already has a formal agreement with Chicago)

Washington Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV for short) - I kinda like this one

Washington F22 Raptors

Washington Army Rangers (or just Washington Rangers if that's what floats your boat)

Washington B2 Bombers

or Washington Redtails (honestly the more I think about it the more I want a complete break from any variation of Redskins)

SkinzWin 07-06-2020 10:59 PM

Washington Foreskins? Or is that offensive to uncircumcised guys?

FrenchSkin 07-07-2020 04:26 AM

The more I think about it, and what you guys said about it, the more I think something like Warriors, or Fighters, could be a good way to keep the colors, change the logo into a fighting man without a reference to any community, or a fist or whatever, and [I][U][B]keep the fight song[/B][/U][/I] (if Hail to the Redskins becomes Hail to the Warriors/Fighters, I don't think the rest of the lyrics could be understood as a reference to the Natives, could it ?).

I understand how keeping a reference to the Natives could backfire (even though I think there could be a way to have it be a clear and efficient tribute), so I'll let that go, but man we're one of the few NFL teams to have a [I][U]real kick ass fight song[/U][/I], I don't want to lose that !

skinsfaninok 07-07-2020 07:59 AM

If they end up changing it to Redwolves I may not root for them lol.. No seriously that shit is corny as fuck.

Redhawks is my new favorite - The R with a feather or 2 could work
Warriors is my 2nd but only if they can keep the same logo
Redtails is Meh to me... 50/50

mooby 07-07-2020 08:18 AM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1254120]The more I think about it, and what you guys said about it, the more I think something like Warriors, or Fighters, could be a good way to keep the colors, change the logo into a fighting man without a reference to any community, or a fist or whatever, and [I][U][B]keep the fight song[/B][/U][/I] (if Hail to the Redskins becomes Hail to the Warriors/Fighters, I don't think the rest of the lyrics could be understood as a reference to the Natives, could it ?).

I understand how keeping a reference to the Natives could backfire (even though I think there could be a way to have it be a clear and efficient tribute), so I'll let that go, but man we're one of the few NFL teams to have a [I][U]real kick ass fight song[/U][/I], I don't want to lose that ![/quote]

The fight song has to go French.

Idk about you guys, but listening to "Hail to the Warriors" or "Hail to the Redtails" is not gonna have the same vibe to it. Time to retire the tune, and the name, and the logo.

FrenchSkin 07-07-2020 08:32 AM

[quote=mooby;1254132]The fight song has to go French.

Idk about you guys, but [B]listening to "Hail to the Warriors" or "Hail to the Redtails" is not gonna have the same vibe to it[/B]. Time to retire the tune, and the name, and the logo.[/quote]

I feel you but I think it's a part us refusing to let go of what we love as we know it.
But the song is great and I think keeping it would be a great way to start fresh while not throwing away the great history of this team.

MTK 07-07-2020 08:36 AM

Flush it all, name, song, etc. Get as far away as possible from any NA related themes.

skinsfaninok 07-07-2020 08:42 AM

[quote=MTK;1254138]Flush it all, name, song, etc. Get as far away as possible from any NA related themes.[/quote]

That's why I'm thinking Redhawks because you can basically swipe that all out. With me not having any true ties to the DMV area, it really depends on how drastic they go with a re-brand... If they decide to clear all history of the Redskins and start over from scratch Idk if I'll be a fan still.. I'd just watch for the fun of it until I found a new team I like. Grew up in MS and FL before moving to Oklahoma so I could just root for the Saints or Bucs/ Miami I guess...
Have already had folks here say go with the Bills lol.

Chico23231 07-07-2020 08:48 AM

“Redskins” regardless of the rebrand will be a part of the team now and in the future. Song...cloths and term Redskins isn’t going away. Once the org changes, that’s it. If you want to continue to cry and complain after that...then you should leave as a fan, that’s a you problem.

FrenchSkin 07-07-2020 08:51 AM

[quote=MTK;1254138]Flush it all, name, song, etc. Get as far away as possible from any NA related themes.[/quote]

I hear the get away from NA theme argument, but how is the song NA related if you remove "Redskins" ?