Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   boxing/ UFC fans? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34305)

dmek25 12-25-2009 08:34 AM

boxing/ UFC fans?

[URL="http://www.comcast.net/sports/writethatdown/2474/bestknockoutsof2009/"][COLOR=#0073ae]Best Knockouts of 2009[/COLOR][/URL]

some of these are down right sick

Trample the Elderly 12-25-2009 01:06 PM

Re: boxing/ UFC fans?

UFC is the next up and coming thing IMO. The new champ Machida? He's a bad ass. He rarely gets hit, so I'm not sure he can take a punch. I watched the Fedor / Rogers match. For some reason I knew the Russian was going to win. He can eat punishment like no one's business. All he needs is that one punch, done!

dmek25 12-25-2009 02:23 PM

i watched the same match. to me, Fedor looked a little out of shape. and i thought they stopped it a tad early. but there is no denying Fedor is a bad ass

budw38 12-25-2009 08:26 PM

The UFC is awesome . A little brutal when the guy on the bottom eats a dozen elbows , but an awesome sport . Anderson Silva is a scary dude , very good in every aspect , GSP is a good all around fighter also . That kid from GB < Hardy > has some serious punching power .

D'BOYZ 12-25-2009 08:49 PM

UFC/MMA is the best thing out there nothing like it... Boxing is for Fags.. Did you guys see the last one 107 how BJ Destroyed Diego Sanchez and open half of his forhead awsome

Nomad 12-26-2009 12:46 AM

BJ Penn is a Bad Dude!!!!!

mlmdub130 12-26-2009 03:11 PM

it's lame they are both so expensive thank god for free streaming, i love both but would rather watch a good boxing match over ufc at this point. i grew up on boxing the only problem is everyone sucks now, except for pacman that dude is the baddest mf-er out there pound for pound hands down

warpaint 12-26-2009 07:46 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;645882]it's lame they are both so expensive thank god for free streaming, i love both but would rather watch a good boxing match over ufc at this point. I grew up on boxing the only problem is everyone sucks now, except for pacman that dude is the baddest mf-er out there pound for pound hands down[/quote]

Im right here with you. I cant wait until March 13 if it happens Manny going to finally put Floyd down. I digg UFC to but there is nothing like some good boxing

BDBohnzie 12-28-2009 12:01 PM

Boxing has gotten a bad beat, but is slowly making it's way back. The Heavyweight division has gotten better thanks to the Klitschkos, and the lower weights still have some great fighters (Marquez, Cotto, Judah, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Mosley, Forrest, Hatton, Pavlik).

UFC is a completely different animal, but both are still entertaining to me. I'm a big GSP fan. Fedor was out of shape against Rogers, and I'd love to see a rematch. Machida is awesome and you figure the winner of Evans/Silva will get a shot at him. I'd love to see someone hand Lesnar his ass to him (Cain Velasquez maybe?).

MTK 12-28-2009 12:14 PM

Ultimate fighting has already surpassed boxing IMO.

SolidSnake84 12-28-2009 01:15 PM

Somebody should try actually getting in the ring before saying boxers are fags.....that's my 2 cents

But I agree with Matty...UFC has surpassed boxing, which is a shame when you think of boxing's rich history, before guys like Don King and Butch Lewis ruined everything....

firstdown 12-28-2009 03:35 PM

Why watch boxing when you get that and a whole lot more watching UFC. Remember when it first started and they had no weight class and you would have some little fart beat the crap out of some large muscle head. Back then I think the only rule was no gouging the eyes and maybe no pulling hair. The only time the ref. ever stopped a fight was if the guy was knocked out and unable to tap out.

dmek25 12-28-2009 03:45 PM

yeah, the fist "competition" i saw was exactly that. really brutal stuff. i love me some UFC

Chevy13 01-22-2010 02:42 AM

[quote=SolidSnake84;646989]Somebody should try actually getting in the ring before saying boxers are fags.....that's my 2 cents

But I agree with Matty...UFC has surpassed boxing, which is a shame when you think of boxing's rich history, before guys like Don King and Butch Lewis ruined everything....[/quote]

I know UFC is growing rapidly but I still don't think it has surpassed boxing. I remember reading somewhere that boxing made more money with 2 fights (Manny/Cotto and Mayweather/Marquez) than UFC made all year and I highly doubt any UFC fight you can dream of has the potential to make as much money as a Mayweather/Pacquiao can. I don't mind watching UFC fights but I'm still more of a boxing fan. I'm pretty sure the best UFC fighters probably make half of what the elite boxers make and obviously with the number of PPV sales from those two big boxing fights in 2009, its hard to say UFC has surpassed it when it doesn't get the same PPV sales and there's a reason the elite boxers make more than the elite UFC fighters, boxing is in it's down years and UFC is on the rise so I think just cause of that alone ppl think UFC is in some way ahead but you can't compare the numbers but like I said I don't mind UFC and I thin they're two completely different animals and maybe someday UFC could outsell the top boxing events but it hasn't happend yet

itvnetop 01-27-2010 12:02 AM

What I like about MMA is the fact that fighters need to evolve quickly or else risk losing very quickly- hardly anyone dominates their division anymore, besides guys like Anderson Silva, GSP and BJ Penn. It's really cool seeing different fighting styles merge into one complete package- and knowing that you have to be able to fight standing up and on your back in order to stay at the top.

On a side note, did anyone else think Shogun actually beat Machida in the last fight? Damn scorecards!