Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If We Do Not Select QB at #10....... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=41542)

SkinzWin 02-25-2011 12:49 PM

Re: If We Do Not Select QB at #10.......

[quote=redsk1;786216]I wouldn't be upset w/ a nose tackle/DE/LB. DE's seem a little hit or miss nowdays too. We've got so many areas of need, we just need to get the best guy available. We can't afford to miss on someone. This draft is so deep we should be able to pick up a great player at 10 or we if trade down there should be some talent in later rounds too.[/quote]

I agree except with taking a nose tackle at 10. We NEED a NT, but I think even with the kid from Baylor, he is not a #10 overall pick. As many others have said, and I agree, it is a deep draft and I don't think we can go wrong picking the BPA in one of our many areas of need. The last thing we want to do is start reaching.

Dirtbag59 02-25-2011 03:56 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;786218]I agree except with taking a nose tackle at 10. We NEED a NT, but I think even with the kid from Baylor, he is not a #10 overall pick. As many others have said, and I agree, it is a deep draft and I don't think we can go wrong picking the BPA in one of our many areas of need. The last thing we want to do is start reaching.[/quote]

Exactly. That kid is just as likely to end up being the next Alan Branch as he is the next BJ Raji. Might be better off taking one of the kids in the second round that can either man the position at 6'1 315 or has the potential to add 20 or 30 pounds to his frame.

CultBrennan59 02-26-2011 02:23 AM

[quote=Dirtbag359;786242]Exactly. That kid is just as likely to end up being the next Alan Branch as he is the next BJ Raji. Might be better off taking one of the kids in the second round that can either man the position at 6'1 315 or has the potential to add 20 or 30 pounds to his frame.[/quote]

I think Jerrell Powe would be as good, if not better than Phil Taylor at the nose for us. Plus we could draft two NT's and play a defense like green bay, with their two NT's (pickett and raji) and a pass rusher/run stuffer DE in cullen jenkins. Imagine for a second, Powe at DE/NT, Anthony Bryant at NT, Carriker at DE. with a rotation of NT Sione Fua of Stanford and a Brandon Bair DE (oregon) in that rotation.

theres no such thing as having too many NT's..

Terpfan76 02-26-2011 03:48 PM

Robert Quinn please. I suspect however that after the combine, his stock may skyrocket.

Defensewins 02-26-2011 04:23 PM

[quote=redsk1;786216]I wouldn't be upset w/ a nose tackle/DE/LB. DE's seem a little hit or miss nowdays too. [B]We've got so many areas of need,[/B] we just need to get the best guy available. [B]We can't afford to miss on someone. [/B]This draft is so deep we should be able to pick up a great player at 10 or we [B]if trade down[/B] there should be some talent in later rounds too.[/quote]

I could not agree more, which is why I am against getting these QB's with #10. These three top Qb's are not ready to play in the NFL unless he is exceptional and they go to a really good team with a strong defense and offensive line and running game. We have neither.
On the trading down part, we have tried to trade down every year for the last four or five and there were no takers. In a deep draft like this one, everyone is looking to trade down for more picks. Very unlikely we trade down.
Lets get solid day 1 starters that will play for 10 years. No projects or guys with questionable past or injuries. This draft is deep, we can get a stud starter at #10.