Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sources: Commanders finalize deal to make Eric Bieniemy new OC (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=65171)

MTK 02-18-2023 09:49 AM

Sources: Commanders finalize deal to make Eric Bieniemy new OC

[URL="https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35681863/sources-washington-commanders-offer-oc-job-eric-bieniemy"]Sources: Commanders finalize deal to make Eric Bieniemy new OC[/URL]

Really hope this works out. But with the way things typically go for this franchise, I can't help but think it's not going to work out the way we're hoping and we find out the Chiefs success was all due to Reid and Mahomes and EB was just along for the ride. Really hope to be proven wrong here.

Chico23231 02-18-2023 10:19 AM

Re: Sources: Commanders finalize deal to make Eric Bieniemy new OC

I love it. I like going with experienced OC over a young guy.

I honestly believe he will be able to connect more with the players. While we know QB is always the question, I most excited for the skill players…AG, BR, Thomas, and especially our 3 big play WR.

Expect a better scheme and better game planning

It’s going be on like donkey Kong

KI Skins Fan 02-18-2023 10:26 AM

I respect what Eric Bieniemy has accomplished in his coaching career and I expect his hiring to be a significant boost to our offense.

MTK 02-18-2023 10:28 AM

The bigger issue here is with the possible sale of the team a new owner could come in and blow everything out next year and we're back to square one.

skinsfan69 02-18-2023 10:48 AM

Definitely approve. However, let's all be honest, KC wasn't winning SB's and becoming a top offense until Mahomes took over. It always comes down to players and most importantly who you got under center.

When Alex Smith was playing they were making the playoffs and getting bounced. They draft Mahomes, they got 2 SB's and now Andy Reid is going into the HOF.

Chief X_Phackter 02-18-2023 11:00 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1338253]Definitely approve. However, let's all be honest, KC wasn't winning SB's and becoming a top offense until Mahomes took over. It always comes down to players and most importantly who you got under center.

When Alex Smith was playing they were making the playoffs and getting bounced. They draft Mahomes, they got 2 SB's and now Andy Reid is going into the HOF.[/quote]

It's almost always about the QB, right. Of course it's a team game, but if you don't have an elite QB, or at least a really good QB playing at an elite level for a season, you don't have a shot at the big game.

We don't know if we have one yet, and we [I]know[/I] we don't have an offensive line to protect him. Still a lot of work to do, but bringing in EB doesn't set us back.

It's a sad day for the NFL though IMO - the fact that he has to take this job to 'prove himself', but it's a great day for Washington fans in the sense that we have offseason hope again. Here's to hoping EB can right the offensive ship and bring out the best in Howell.

mredskins 02-18-2023 11:00 AM

[quote=MTK;1338252]The bigger issue here is with the possible sale of the team a new owner could come in and blow everything out next year and we're back to square one.[/quote]

I wouldn’t be surprised if things are in place now for the new owner

Usually DS will sign someone he wants right away ; the delay in EB signing makes me think DS need to run it by the new guy first

All reports say by march it should be sold , fuck it takes what 90 days to close a house must times, there has got be some paperwork involved in this sale was well

HTTR 02-18-2023 11:21 AM

[QUOTE=mredskins;1338255]

Usually DS will sign someone he wants right away ; the delay in EB signing makes me think DS need to run it by the new guy first

[/QUOTE]

What delay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 02-18-2023 11:28 AM

Twitter verse seems to think EB will get his own QB but we shall see. I still say SH and sign a Vet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnceWeWereKings 02-18-2023 11:32 AM

[quote=MTK;1338252]The bigger issue here is with the possible sale of the team a new owner could come in and blow everything out next year and we're back to square one.[/quote]

My thought is that once the sale happens, and the dust settles....EB is in an incredibly advantageous spot to be the new owners head coach. Maybe that's why EB took a lateral move type position was to put himself in a spot to have a chance at that HC job once it opens up.

sdskinsfan2001 02-18-2023 11:57 AM

What Eric Bieniemy's move means for the Chiefs, Commanders and his career.

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35675202/why-offensive-coordinator-eric-bieniemy-left-chiefs-commanders[/url]

Good article.

Chief X_Phackter 02-18-2023 12:06 PM

I don't understand how people think this move puts EB in line to be the new HC for Washington. Unless you are assuming that after a successful 2023 season RR will step aside.

There are two potential outcomes that I see:

1. The 2023 season is a dud. The offense sputters, we waste another season with these weapons and limp to an average record = everybody is fired.

2. The 2023 season is a success. The offense is top 10-15, the defense is top 10, we compete for the division title, make it to the playoffs and win at least one game = RR stays, finds a new OC, and EB is a head coach somewhere else in 2024.

sdskinsfan2001 02-18-2023 12:43 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1338265]I don't understand how people think this move puts EB in line to be the new HC for Washington. Unless you are assuming that after a successful 2023 season RR will step aside.

1. The 2023 season is a dud. The offense sputters, we waste another season with these weapons and limp to an average record = everybody is fired.

2. The 2023 season is a success. The offense is top 10-15, the defense is top 10, we compete for the division title, make it to the playoffs and win at least one game = RR stays, finds a new OC, and EB is a head coach somewhere else in 2024.[/quote]

The only way it would possibly be the case here is if the defense, special teams, and things like clock management is bad, but the offense finishes in the top 15 or so. So we're scoring points but other things go south and we still keep losing too much.

But it's very unlikely in general, not just here, that if a HC gets fired, you simply just give it to someone else on the team. It would very likely be a new hire from outside of the organization.

OnceWeWereKings 02-18-2023 12:54 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1338265]I don't understand how people think this move puts EB in line to be the new HC for Washington. Unless you are assuming that after a successful 2023 season RR will step aside.

2. The 2023 season is a success. The offense is top 10-15, the defense is top 10, we compete for the division title, make it to the playoffs and win at least one game = RR stays, finds a new OC, and EB is a head coach somewhere else in 2024.[/quote]

The only reason I say that, or think its a possibility is with a successful offense, and a sale of the team with new owners getting rid of Ron.

nonniey 02-18-2023 02:03 PM

So are you saying getting rid of Snyder could put us back to square one?