Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome Carson Wentz (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=65000)

skinsfan69 09-21-2022 12:11 PM

Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

[quote=Ruhskins;1322653]I'm pretty much convinced your Jim Irsay.[/quote]

If you've read my posts then you'd know I've been complimentary regarding Wentz. For the most part he's been pretty good. But it's two games against two teams that had the first and second pick of the draft. Long way to go. He has to do if for an entire season. I'm sure you'd agree w/ that.

calia 09-21-2022 12:25 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1322669]Wentz can't stop the Eagles from scoring 40 on us.. If he has to throw all game then yes he will make mistakes.. That's why wins and losses should not be a QB stat[/quote]

Exactly -- which is why we look at yards, completion percentage, TDs, and INDs. See above. The reality is that no matter how well Wentz plays, if our D plays anything like it did against the Lions, we will get spanked. We did make a run in the second half by putting up some points, but the Lions still scored 14 in the half.

skinsfan69 09-21-2022 12:36 PM

at the end of the day who cares about Irsay? To me this isn't a Irsay or Ryan vs Wentz. Matt Ryan has had a really good career. He was probably not in the best spot last week w/out Pittman. Is he done? Idk, I'd say wait and see but would I take Wentz over Ryan right now? No brainer.

BaltimoreSkins 09-21-2022 12:42 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1322673]If you've read my posts then you'd know I've been complimentary regarding Wentz. For the most part he's been pretty good. But it's two games against two teams that had the first and second pick of the draft. Long way to go. He has to do if for an entire season. I'm sure you'd agree w/ that.[/quote]

You mean two games against two divisional leaders! ;)

MTK 09-22-2022 09:27 AM

Glad this didn't happen

[URL="https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-thought-jimmy-garoppolo-would-be-traded-to-commanders-in-offseason-per-report/"]49ers thought Jimmy Garoppolo would be traded to Commanders in offseason, per report[/URL]

Chico23231 09-22-2022 09:33 AM

[quote=MTK;1322750]Glad this didn't happen

[URL="https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-thought-jimmy-garoppolo-would-be-traded-to-commanders-in-offseason-per-report/"]49ers thought Jimmy Garoppolo would be traded to Commanders in offseason, per report[/URL][/quote]

I stated after last season he woulda been maybe the worst option. Like it or not we have avoided some bad choices, some are still playing out.

But I think everyone would agree that Justin Herbert over Chase Young woulda been best QB decision Ron coulda have made

skinsfaninok 09-22-2022 09:55 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1322751]I stated after last season he woulda been maybe the worst option. Like it or not we have avoided some bad choices, some are still playing out.

But I think everyone would agree that Justin Herbert over Chase Young woulda been best QB decision Ron coulda have made[/quote]

Yeah I mean CY hasn't played much at all so yeah def Herbert

skinsfaninok 09-22-2022 10:28 AM

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdRB4BSaAAEa5AV?format=jpg&name=4096x4096[/IMG]

mredskins 09-22-2022 10:29 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1322757][IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdRB4BSaAAEa5AV?format=jpg&name=4096x4096[/IMG][/quote]

OK? So

We pass more then we were expected to pass, this a stat worth caring about?

skinsfaninok 09-22-2022 10:31 AM

[quote=mredskins;1322758]OK? So

We pass more then we were expected to pass, this a stat worth caring about?[/quote]

Yeah it says we have a QB that can get the ball down field for once lol

mredskins 09-22-2022 11:05 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1322759]Yeah it says we have a QB that can get the ball down field for once lol[/quote]

maybe i am reading it wrong.

It is just saying we are passing more then we were expected too pass it doesn't say we are efficient at passing or the length of the passes.

I am not trying to be annoying it just doesn't seem like a stat worth caring about. I guess maybe if you were a D coordinator and were like i expected more passing this season from Fields but it looks like the Bears have gone more run.

BaltimoreSkins 09-22-2022 11:19 AM

[quote=mredskins;1322769]maybe i am reading it wrong.

It is just saying we are passing more then we were expected too pass it doesn't say we are efficient at passing or the length of the passes.

I am not trying to be annoying it just doesn't seem like a stat worth caring about. I guess maybe if you were a D coordinator and were like i expected more passing this season from Fields but it looks like the Bears have gone more run.[/quote]

You are right IMO, it is one piece of the equation. It does show that an OC is relying on QB whether that is because you have a Patrick Mahomes of Josh Allen or out of necessity it doesn't tell you. I think it tells you more about the offensive play caller and overall personnel than anything else. We know Rodgers is a great QB but look at where GB is. Steelers pass more but that is because they have Najee Harris as a RB. That said we have Garoppolo or Heinicke at QB we are closer to the average.

mredskins 09-22-2022 11:41 AM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1322771]You are right IMO, it is one piece of the equation. It does show that an OC is relying on QB whether that is because you have a Patrick Mahomes of Josh Allen or out of necessity it doesn't tell you. I think it tells you more about the offensive play caller and overall personnel than anything else. We know Rodgers is a great QB but look at where GB is. Steelers pass more but that is because they have Najee Harris as a RB. That said we have Garoppolo or Heinicke at QB we are closer to the average.[/quote]

i think folks like to make pretty charts that really don't mean anything.

Its just showing the delta of nflrfastR's (see bottom right hand corner ) forecast of waht they expected the commanders passing rate was to be after two weeks compared to our actual.

Example: We projected through two weeks of play the Commanders will have attempted 500 passes, after two weeks of play the actual pass attempts was 650 thus a positive 150 more throws then forecast.

Again all i can say as a D cord. is ok the Commanders are passing more then originally expected. I can also say the Saints were perfectly forecasted.

Chief X_Phackter 09-24-2022 09:10 AM

Wentz’s 650 passing yards rank second amongst quarterbacks.
He’s tied for first with seven touchdown passes.
He's sixth in passer rating (100.3).
He's eighth in yards per attempt (7.5).
He's fifth in passing first downs (35).
He's the only player (quarterbacks and all) with 10 plays of 20+ yards through Week 2.
He has the third-best passer rating on deep passes (20 or more air yards).
With his six touchdown passes through two weeks of the season, it is the first time a Washington quarterback has had six or more touchdown passes through the first two weeks of a season since Mark Rypien did so in 1989.
Wentz is the first player since QB starts were first tracked in 1950 to have 300+ pass yards and 3+ pass TD in each of his first 2 starts with a new team.

I know it's only two games, but we couldn't have done much better with the current QB/OC duo.

Just have to fix the defense...

jamf 09-24-2022 09:33 AM

[quote=calia;1322678]Exactly -- which is why we look at yards, completion percentage, TDs, and INDs. See above. The reality is that no matter how well Wentz plays, if our D plays anything like it did against the Lions, we will get spanked. We did make a run in the second half by putting up some points, but the Lions still scored 14 in the half.[/quote]

Too much blame on the D.
The offense started the game with only 2 first downs in the first half.
Wentz and the offense played like dog shit. Returners also did a piss poor job and never got the ball past the 25.
You handicap your defense when you start the game on 5 three and out.

Every facet of this team sucked balls against the lions.