Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Playbook (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   This Place Is Refreshing (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48133)

milellie111 06-12-2012 01:05 PM

This Place Is Refreshing

This is a great forum and SHOULD BE the official site of the Washington Redskins. The community here is great, laid back, non intrusive and welcoming which seems to represent the true fanbase as it has been for years. The conversation here is intelligent and is operated how a forum should be. There are no mods here with egos patrolling around tooting their horns that they are mods and they have "power". I wish I would have found this place earlier.

Wanting a Redskins discussion/community site, i've been "stuck" on Extremeskins for years. Let's just say that place is mess, ran by arrogant power hungry insulting mods. They don't act classy, like the majority of Redskins fans i've met. They actually are a disgrace to the fans. Those guys are really jokes though, seeing as how they feel a sense of entitlement banning and closing threads on a free internet site? lol

I think everyone who's been on that site for a while knows exactly who i'm talking about. About 3 or 4 of the same guys. One guy there used to be cool a couple of years ago, then he turned out to be a prick just like the rest of them. What's more crazy is that these fake "thug" mods act out against users on the site, but everyone knows that they show up to Redskins tailgaites etc. and have seen their pictures on the site. What if some crazy lunatic bitter user decides to show up there one day looking for trouble? Not smart on the mods parts, people are crazy nowadays. Then their is the typical preferential treatment for some members who can say whatever they want, but if you say ANYTHING that differs from the mass opinion, you're banned or NNT'd.

The sarcasm those guys use over there is very old and lame, seeing as how most of the mods there are pretty older. But they act like sorority sisters.

I wonder how many other folks have come over to Warpath and left the arrogant stiff wine and cheese eaters over at Extremeskins? I really do hope that soon the users over there leave eventually until there is no one left, the site becomes dormant and those mods have nothing left to do but ban themselves.

Since Bruce Allen is initiating changes, I think a good idea to continue the new culture is to have this site as the official Redskins message board. Do you think Bruce would care if he knew the type of people that site is being run by? Maybe he should be made aware.

SmootSmack 06-12-2012 01:10 PM

Re: This Place Is Refreshing

Welcome to the board, good to have you here.

All message boards have quality members and quality posts. I happen to think this one has more than others.

Knowing the challenges ES has had with being the official Redskins site and vice-versa, I think we're much better off not being official partners

Monksdown 06-12-2012 01:23 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;920982]Welcome to the board, good to have you here.

All message boards have quality members and quality posts. I happen to think this one has more than others.

Knowing the challenges ES has had with being the official Redskins site and vice-versa, I think we're much better off not being official partners[/quote]

We take turns being idiots, and try not to all speak up at once.

JoeRedskin 06-12-2012 01:26 PM

Welcome. Yes, other than Smootsmack, we have excellent mods. Just a few words of warning:

- Watch out for CRed, he's related to some very unsavory characters.
- Goat hates all ex-Redskins. Once they get cut, he has nothing but hate for them. The new signing is always the best player.
- FRPLG & mooby are incredibly irrational. If you like logic, may as well put them on your ignore list now.
- Lotus is off the charts wacko.
- RedskinRat has faith that science will save the Skins.
- Schneed, well, he is consistently the calm rational voice of the board. He is so unemotional when confronted by illogical actions that he must be a vulcan.
- Matty has [I]no[/I] ego.

... and under NO circumstances tell anyone what your favorite pie is. Also, the answer to Question 3 is a closely guarded secret.

CrazyCanuck 06-12-2012 01:37 PM

[quote=milellie111;920978]Since Bruce Allen is initiating changes, [B]I think a good idea to continue the new culture is to have this site as the official Redskins message board[/B].[/quote]

Welcome but NO THANKS. :)

FRPLG 06-12-2012 01:41 PM

This board couldn't be "this board" if it were the official board of the Skins.

Monksdown 06-12-2012 01:55 PM

[quote=FRPLG;920991]This board couldn't be "this board" if it were the official board of the Skins.[/quote]

semantics!

JoeRedskin 06-12-2012 02:29 PM

[quote=FRPLG;920991]This board couldn't be "this board" if it were the official board of the Skins.[/quote]

See? As I said, a complete lapse of logic. FRPLG, that was the last straw - to the ignore list you go!

Alvin Walton 06-12-2012 02:43 PM

That was quite an ES bash.
If I had done that this thread would have been locked.

mooby 06-12-2012 02:49 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;920982]Welcome to the board, good to have you here.

Knowing the challenges ES has had with being the official Redskins site and vice-versa, [B]I think we're much better off not being official partners[/B][/quote]

Here here! If we were the official site, think about how much exposure we would get from the unsavory crowd that populates other "popular" Redskin forums.

Also, please ignore JoeRedskin and don't take anything he says seriously. He is a pathological liar, and has frequent delusions about being a lawyer stuck in his head. Anytime a legal matter comes up he throws his two cents in, unaware that we are all aware he has no legal expertise in any area.

CrustyRedskin 06-12-2012 03:05 PM

Wait til ya get a load of us after a Super Bowl victory. Its gona be Ca Ca Ca razy,

Lotus 06-12-2012 03:32 PM

I'm so very happy that this is not the official Redskins board.

Watch out for CRedskinsRule - he's a practicing cannibal who has already turned skinsfaninok to the dark side.

NC_Skins 06-12-2012 03:40 PM

Bro, keep this place quiet. We don't want this ending up being another Extremeskins. We have our quota covered on village idiots. As far as you are concerned, this is the worst place ever.

skinsguy 06-12-2012 03:42 PM

Welcome Milellie. I know exactly what you are talking about and probably who you are talking about. That place is a wreck. And the mods there flat out suck!

JoeRedskin 06-12-2012 03:42 PM

I am not a pathological liar. Although, I [I]am[/I] lying about that.