Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22965)

Monkeydad 03-21-2008 11:24 AM

Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones

IRVING – The Dallas Cowboys have held preliminary discussions with the Tennessee Titans about trading for suspended cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, according to a source.

The Cowboys could give up a late-round draft pick to acquire Jones.
According to a source, Titans officials are not in a hurry to make a deal but realize the best way to move on without Jones is to trade him.

Jones told his Atlanta-based agent, Manny Arora, if traded he would put the Cowboys near the top of the list of teams he would play for.

Arora, however, said he's talked to numerous teams about Jones and would like a trade to occur before the NFL draft on April 26-27.

"If Tennessee chooses not to have him on their roster next year, it's in their best interest to trade him," Arora said, "because if not, they would get no compensation."

An NFL spokesman said Jones, suspended since April 2007 for violations of the NFL conduct policy, can still be traded to another team.

The Cowboys are $3.9 million under the salary cap, and Jones is scheduled to earn a base salary of $1.292 million whenever he returns to the field.

Jones, 24, is scheduled to become a free agent following the 2009 season. A source said Jones is willing to renegotiate his contract at a lower salary to accommodate a team willing to sign him.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said he will review Jones' suspension before training camps open in July.

But Arora would like to speed up the process because he doesn't want a team with needs at cornerback to draft one without taking a serious look at Jones.

The Cowboys need depth at cornerback after losing both backup corners in free agency.

"The way I feel, if they bring in Tank [Johnson] or [cornerback] DeAngelo Hall or whoever, they understand what's at stake," Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware said.

They understand how many guys are really working. Like Tank was saying when he came here, 'I've never seen as many guys working out at the same time and have the same drive in off-season workouts.' "

Last month at the NFL scouting combine, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he wanted to add a "wow" factor to the team. On Monday, Jones told ESPN it was doubtful he could add an impact player now, yet he was confident it might happen in the future.

Arora said he wants to bring Pacman Jones to a team that has strong leadership at the coaching and management positions, plus a solid off-the-field program.

The Cowboys tout their off-the-field player development programs, where former NFL player Calvin Hill is a consultant, as one of the best in the NFL.

[url=http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/032108dnspocowlede.cff476d.html]Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones | Sports News | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas[/url]

Does this really surprise ANYONE? Didn't think so.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2008 11:25 AM

Re: Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones

Wow, the Cowboys LOVE pieces of absolute f-ing garbage. Tank Johnson, then him? Seriously, I'd be embarrassed if the Redskins were after people like this.

MTK 03-21-2008 11:25 AM

Dumb move on their part. This guy will undoubtedly do something stupid again.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2008 11:26 AM

MAKE IT RAIN BITCHES!!! Yeaaaaaah... :doh:

Monkeydad 03-21-2008 11:26 AM

Dallas has a long track record of signing thugs, drug users and violent criminals though, so they know what they're doing.

I couldn't tolerate this if it were my team.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2008 11:27 AM

Like this subject transcends football. I wouldn't CARE if he contributes and guaranteed a Super Bowl birth. It just enables this type of behavior, because they KNOW they'd get a job again.

Monkeydad 03-21-2008 11:33 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;433812]Like this subject transcends football. I wouldn't CARE if he contributes and [B]guaranteed a Super Bowl birth.[/B] It just enables this type of behavior, because they KNOW they'd get a job again.[/quote]

Are you predicting a Dallas cheerleader is going to be impregnated by Pacman and she gives birth on Super Bowl Sunday?

Bold prediction. I hope it doesn't happen. The world already has one too many Pacman Jones.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2008 11:34 AM

???

It wasn't a prediction.

I was saying "if" a certain piece-of-crap player were to guarantee my respective team a Super Bowl win, I still wouldn't do it. And yes, I misspelled. :(

hail_2_da_skins 03-21-2008 11:42 AM

Perfect place for him.

[B]The Dallas Inmates.[/B]

wilsowilso 03-21-2008 12:52 PM

Talk about an All Star squad of donkeys. If TO can get a free pass with them after blatantly disrespecting that franchise when he was a 49er I don't see how seemingly insignificant words like integrity and values would get in the way of this deal.
He's perfect for them!

redsk1 03-21-2008 12:54 PM

Reminds me of the good ole days.....Michael "white line" Irvin, Nate "Cheech" Newton, and the gang.

SkinsFanSince91 03-21-2008 01:07 PM

I hope they get him and he plays well, then he does "his thang" and costs them some depth at CB and roster/salary cap problems during the end of the season.

This scenario is the xact reqason we DO NOT need to hav ehim come here to DC!

calia 03-21-2008 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=SkinsFanSince91;433853]I hope they get him and he plays well, then he does "his thang" and costs them some depth at CB and roster/salary cap problems during the end of the season.

This scenario is the xact reqason we DO NOT need to hav ehim come here to DC![/QUOTE]

If we're really lucky, Pacman will drop some interceptions, and TO will then turn on him (question his manhood, sexual orientation, etc.). And then Tank will beat up TO (sticking up for a member of the D who has been disrespected), landing himself suspended from the NFL indefinitely. TO will be in traction (Tank is called Tank for a reason, after all), and Pacman will serve time for conspiracy to commit battery. And then the team somewho blames it all on Jessica Simpson, who then dumps Romo, causing him to suffer a complete lack of confidence and become Captain Turnover.

Well, it doesn't hurt to dream. I really hate Dallas.

Monkeydad 03-21-2008 01:32 PM

[quote=redsk1;433846]Reminds me of the good ole days.....Michael "white line" Irvin, Nate "Cheech" Newton, and the gang.[/quote]

[SIZE=2]Don't forget Leon Lett!

Time to bust these out:

[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][B]Q: What do you call a drug ring in Dallas?
A: A huddle.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B]Q: Four Dallas Cowboys in a car, who's driving?
A: The police.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B]Q: Why can't Michael Irvin get into a huddle on the field anymore?
A: It is a parole violation for him to associate with known felons.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B]Doctors say because of Michael Irvin's broken clavicle, it will be 6-8 weeks before he can video a team mate having sex.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B]I understand Chicago is trying to sign Michael Irvin. They got rid of the refrigerator, so now they want a coke machine.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B]The Dallas newspapers reported yesterday that Texas Stadium is going to take out the artificial turf because the Cowboys play better on "grass".[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B]The Dallas Cowboys adopted a new "Honor System", Yes your Honor, No your Honor.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B]The Cowboys had a 12 and 5 season this year, 12 arrests, 5 convictions.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B]The Cowboys knew they had to do something for their defense, so they hired a new defensive coordinator: Johnny Cochran[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B]Q: How do the Dallas Cowboys spend their first week at spring training?
A: Studying the Miranda Rights.[/B][/SIZE]

[B] A woman in Dallas calls 911. When the officer answers the phone the woman is hysterical and tells the cop that a man has just broken into her home and she thinks he intends to rape her. The officer explain that they are just extremely busy at the moment and tells her "Just get the guy's jersey number and we'll get back to you."[/B]

[B] Q: What's the difference between a Cowboys fan and a baby?
A: Eventually the baby stops whining.[/B]

[B] Q: How many players did the Cowboys dress for their last game?
A: 22. The rest dressed themselves.

Q: What's Jerry Jones' biggest concern?
A: Does bail money count against the salary cap? [/B]

Warpath 03-21-2008 01:49 PM

FROM PFT [url=http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/03/21/pacman-wants-to-be-a-patriot/]ProFootballTalk.com - PACMAN WANTS TO BE A PATRIOT[/url]
PACMAN WANTS TO BE A PATRIOT
Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2008, 12:55 p.m.
Okay, so the guy really is delusional.

That’s the only way we can explain the apparent desire of cornerback Pacman Jones (via his lawyer/agent/apologist/enabler) to play for the New England Patriots.

It’s almost as if Manny Arora thinks that the rest of the league will conclude that Pacman finally “gets it” if Pacman decides that he wants to join the franchise that has been (with a couple of recent exceptions) the bastion of the anti-turd.

“Over my years representing athletes and being a lawyer, as long as you’re winning, all the baggage goes away,” Arora told the Boston Herald. (He apparently hasn’t represented many/any Bengals.) “No one wants to be the guy to mess up winning. The track record the Patriots have in giving players a fresh start would be a great fit.”

Um, what track record of giving players a fresh start is Arora referring to? The Pats traded for Randy Moss last year, at a time when many thought he was washed up. That’s not a “track record”; it’s a one-time gamble that to date has paid off like a slot machine on prescription-strength Ex-Lax.

Our guess is that Arora is trying to scare up a market for Jones at a time when Arora is negotiating with the Dallas Cowboys about the possibility of acquiring the troubled (but talented) defensive back/kick returner from the Tennessee Titans. If Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes that other teams are in the mix, then the ‘Boys might give Pacman a better deal.

As far as we can tell, however, no one other than the Cowboys is interested in Jones, and it’s our understanding that a couple of the other teams that have been floated as Pacman’s possible destination have made it clear privately that they aren’t interested.

SmootSmack 03-21-2008 02:00 PM

How much you wanna bet Sandtrapjack (or one of his ilk) is going to come on this thread and say "Dexter Manley"? If I recall correctly, that's usually their rebuttal to the issue of Cowboys and the law

SFREDSKIN 03-21-2008 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;433874]How much you wanna bet Sandtrapjack (or one of his ilk) is going to come on this thread and say "Dexter Manley"? If I recall correctly, that's usually their rebuttal to the issue of Cowboys and the law[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Barry Wilburn.

sandtrapjack 03-21-2008 03:31 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;433874]How much you wanna bet Sandtrapjack (or one of his ilk) is going to come on this thread and say "Dexter Manley"? If I recall correctly, that's usually their rebuttal to the issue of Cowboys and the law[/quote]
I could bring up Manley, but that is old news and a player no longer on the roster. Like Irvin.

No, I was going to ask when in the last decade has a Dallas Cowboy been charged with any crime while on the roster?

Compare that to the Washington Redskins and then get back to me.

Lady Brave 03-21-2008 03:49 PM

[url=http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/05/cowboys_well_behaved_by_nfl_standards.html]The Dallas Morning News | Dallas Cowboys/NFL news[/url]

11/11/06 -- DB Marcus Coleman … DWI (immediately cut by team)

2/14/03 -- DE Peppi Zellner … arrested in Georgia on charge of possession of crack cocaine with intent to distribute (charges dropped)

1/14/03 -- CB Dwayne Goodrich … two counts of manslaughter after hit-and-run accident (serving 12-year prison sentence)

9/21/00 -- WR Joey Galloway … charged with misdemeanor assault on a police officer in Wheeling, W.V. (charges dropped)

4/17/00 -- OL Tony Hutson ... failure to appear on speeding charge and weapons charge (weapons charge dropped)

3/23/00 -- OT Solomon Page … Arrested in West Virginia on charges of disorderly conduct, obstructing police (pleaded no contest to lesser charge)

Monkeydad 03-21-2008 03:58 PM

Just off the top of my head: Tank Johnson (he counts, guns, being psycho), Quincy Carter (drugs), Coordinator Wade Wilson (roids), Mike Irvin arrested in 2005 AGAIN for drugs, all in addition to the ones posted above me.

Let's not forget NFL punishments for Roy Williams, Demarcus Ware and having just general jerks like Owens and Keyshaun.

As for the Skins, let's see: Sean Springs was caught speeding in his car and Portis got a fine for wearing fancy socks. Timmy Smith did drugs but he's our one black sheep I can remember. Dallas is a puppy mill for black sheep.

Not even a nice try.

Soup's Uncle 03-21-2008 06:29 PM

Redskins = Good Guys
Cowboys = Bad Guys

Pacman = Bad Guy...I hope they pick up that scumbag he brings tons of negative attention to that team.

SKINSnCANES 03-21-2008 07:41 PM

John Clayton just said on ESPN that Pac Mac will got for a 5th or a 6th round pick... 5th or 6th round, do you guys really care that he goes to strip clubs? I went last night to one! I didnt pull a gun, but it was a good time.

If we traded our 5th round pick we would get a top corner back, and a top returner. Everyone knows that Randle El is not the answer returning punts, Pac Mac would do that. Plus we would sure up a whole are corner back. Who could we draft in the 5th round that is better than a top 10 corner in the league?

I can sleep well at night knowing that a Redskin is a thug, who cares. I care about results on the football field

skinsnut 03-21-2008 07:46 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES;433916]John Clayton just said on ESPN that Pac Mac will got for a 5th or a 6th round pick... 5th or 6th round, do you guys really care that he goes to strip clubs? I went last night to one! I didnt pull a gun, but it was a good time.

If we traded our 5th round pick we would get a top corner back, and a top returner. Everyone knows that Randle El is not the answer returning punts, Pac Mac would do that. Plus we would sure up a whole are corner back. Who could we draft in the 5th round that is better than a top 10 corner in the league?

I can sleep well at night knowing that a Redskin is a thug, who cares. I care about results on the football field[/QUOTE]

hmm...don't care about character....
I am curious....you probably aren't much of a Gibbs fan are you?

SKINSnCANES 03-21-2008 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=skinsnut;433918]hmm...don't care about character....
I am curious....you probably aren't much of a Gibbs fan are you?[/QUOTE]

my point is that a 5th or 6th round pick fills one of our greatest wholes. Guys can turn a new leaf, look what happened to Randy Moss last year after a 4th round pick?

ones mans trash is anothers treasure right? The guy wants a chance to make right, this would be a good organization to turn him around.

Swarley 03-21-2008 07:53 PM

there is trash and then there is the kind of leaky smelly doo doo looking trash that no one should touch, that's what I see Pac Man as. Just my opinion though, I just dont think he could really turn it around.

SKINSnCANES 03-21-2008 08:01 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;433812]Like this subject transcends football. I wouldn't CARE if he contributes and guaranteed a Super Bowl birth. It just enables this type of behavior, because they KNOW they'd get a job again.[/QUOTE]

So you are a fan of football? Whats your goal for the Redskins?

My goal as a Redskins fan is to win a Super Bowl, so if we sign a guy that wins the Super Bowl for us, I figure we did what we set out to do. But 1-15 is OK too if you can sleep well at night...

SmootSmack 03-21-2008 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES;433916]John Clayton just said on ESPN that Pac Mac will got for a 5th or a 6th round pick... 5th or 6th round, do you guys really care that he goes to strip clubs? I went last night to one! I didnt pull a gun, but it was a good time.

I can sleep well at night knowing that a Redskin is a thug, who cares. I care about results on the football field[/QUOTE]

Well, who knows when Pac Man will even be allowed to play again. So why trade a 5th round pick for such a big question mark? It's not worth it, imo.

Stuck in TX 03-21-2008 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;433925]Well, who knows when Pac Man will even be allowed to play again. So why trade a 5th round pick for such a big question mark? It's not worth it, imo.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I would love to see them waste picks on inconsistantsy. Makes our meeting that much easier.

Stuck in TX 03-21-2008 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=Buster;433896]Just off the top of my head: Tank Johnson (he counts, guns, being psycho), Quincy Carter (drugs), Coordinator Wade Wilson (roids), Mike Irvin arrested in 2005 AGAIN for drugs, all in addition to the ones posted above me.

Let's not forget NFL punishments for Roy Williams, Demarcus Ware and having just general jerks like Owens and Keyshaun.

As for the Skins, let's see: Sean Springs was caught speeding in his car and Portis got a fine for wearing fancy socks. Timmy Smith did drugs but he's our one black sheep I can remember. Dallas is a puppy mill for black sheep.

Not even a nice try.[/QUOTE]

not to agree with the Dallas guy, but we did have Sean Taylor. We straitened up but still counts. But other than him, you guys are right on!

SKINSnCANES 03-21-2008 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;433925]Well, who knows when Pac Man will even be allowed to play again. So why trade a 5th round pick for such a big question mark? It's not worth it, imo.[/QUOTE]

yes I was under the assumption that part of the trade deal would account for him being allowed to play again...but that could be why its a fifth instead of a second.

Hall got a second, they are on the same caliber IMO. And Hall has issues too, none that suspended him but I think they are trying to make an example out of Pac Man and it isnt all his fault for the length of it

Swarley 03-21-2008 08:17 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;433925]Well, who knows when Pac Man will even be allowed to play again. So why trade a 5th round pick for such a big question mark? It's not worth it, imo.[/quote]

and not to mention that the probability that he does get to play again and can stay out of trouble amounts to the same probability as us drafting a stud in the 5th round.

Dirtbag59 03-21-2008 09:21 PM

[quote=Buster;433896] Quincy Carter (drugs).[/quote]

[Yt]vaiCHXAokUU[/yt]

4mrusmc 03-21-2008 10:29 PM

This really shouldn't surprise anyone here.

wilsowilso 03-22-2008 12:14 AM

[quote=SKINSnCANES;433916]I can sleep well at night knowing that a Redskin is a thug, who cares. I care about results on the football field[/quote]

Open your eyes.

Redskin Warrior 03-22-2008 12:37 AM

I was a fan of Pac Man still is kind of but he needs to get away from his childhood friends I understand he was trying to keep it real and all remembering who he was before the fame never turn his back on his homies but his homie are straight thugs. But his case reminds me of Dave Chappelle's "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong"

mooby 03-22-2008 01:43 AM

Personally I wouldn't really care if they got Pacman. I'm sure they would be talking about what a coup it is if he stayed out of trouble. But the guy does absolutely nothing but cause trouble, I mean seriously how many incidents did he get in that involved strip clubs even after Goodell told him not to go to any more strip clubs, that alone should tell you how much he respects Goodell's wishes.

skinsfan_nn 03-22-2008 10:23 AM

PFT. com, Throwing the Skins in as possible fit for PACTIRD.....PLEASE now thats just retarded! IMO they wouldn't touch that CANCER /TRASH BAG, for any reason what so ever. (as has been reported and as we’ve heard)= They don't have a clue what they are talking about. :doh:

This trash is cowboy material all the way!

LIONS DON’T WANT PACMAN
Posted by Mike Florio on March 22, 2008, 9:55 a.m.

As the Titans try to scare up maximum salvage value for the No. 6 overall pick in the 2005 draft and as the agent for the guy taken with that pick, Pacman Jones, tries to dupe the only team interested in Jones into thinking that there actually are other teams who desire his services, one of the teams has made it publicly known that there will be no pursuit of Pacman Jones.

Specifically, Lions CEO Matt Millen has declared that the team isn’t interested in acquiring Jones.

“We’ve talked about it, but for a lot of reasons, we aren’t going to try to get him,” Millen told the Detroit News. “He has a lot of talent. We wish him well.”

Other teams supposedly interested in Jones (as has been reported and as we’ve heard) are the Patriots, Redskins, and Bucs.

Though the Pats haven’t made their intentions known, publicly or otherwise, we’ve heard that the Redskins and the Bucs aren’t biting.

And if the Cowboys are bidding only against themselves for Jones’ services, it won’t be the first time. Two years ago, the Cowboys gave receiver Terrell Owens a three-year, $25 million contract at a time when no one else was willing to even enter that ballpark, if sign him at all.

riggins44 03-22-2008 10:55 AM

Even for a 5th or 6th round pick, Pacman is too much of a risk. He has a lot of potential on the field. I just worry about off the field problems and what he'll do to a locker room.

Now nothing would make me happier than see Cowboys locker room implode from him
and TO.

Stuck in TX 03-22-2008 11:17 AM

They are trying to become the new Raiders. Tank Johnson cut for legal matters involving drinking, driving, and guns, T.O. cut for destroying two franshises, Pacman cut for forgetting how to act like a civilized human being....

Maybe the Bengals should try trading out some of their delinquints to them.

dmek25 03-22-2008 11:36 AM

attitude issues aside, he is easily worth the gamble of a 5th round pick. if he suddenly "gets" it, could be a pro bowler. the boy can flat out ball. just needs to grow up alittle. some grow up faster then others. on the other hand, if he never matures, all that is lost is a late round draft pick.