Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64151)

CRedskinsRule 08-27-2018 02:17 PM

Re: Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1198706]That sounds like the ticket to me. If we don't limit AP's carries, his effectiveness is probably going to diminish as it did last season. I hope he'll be able to accept a reduced role for the good of the team. To me, Perine looks much improved. He should be able to handle some of the load.[/quote]

I would rather run AP into the ground, then use Perrine if needed. AP looks to be in good shape, hasn't had a ton of on field work, and right now looks to gives us the best chance to win every week. If Perrine gets healthy and beats him out then let Perrine start, but splitting carries is going to tick them both off, in an unproductive way.

GridIron26 08-27-2018 02:38 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1198776]I would rather run AP into the ground, then use Perrine if needed. AP looks to be in good shape, hasn't had a ton of on field work, and right now looks to gives us the best chance to win every week. If Perrine gets healthy and beats him out then let Perrine start, but splitting carries is going to tick them both off, in an unproductive way.[/quote]

Agree with this

sdskinsfan2001 08-27-2018 03:27 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1198776]I would rather run AP into the ground, then use Perrine if needed. AP looks to be in good shape, hasn't had a ton of on field work, and right now looks to gives us the best chance to win every week. If Perrine gets healthy and beats him out then let Perrine start, but splitting carries is going to tick them both off, in an unproductive way.[/quote]

15 carries a game would be 240 for the season. That would have been tied for 11th highest based on last years stats.

CRedskinsRule 08-27-2018 03:30 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1198781]15 carries a game would be 240 for the season. That would have been tied for 11th highest based on last years stats.[/quote]

Ok, my point is I don't want a running back by committee. I want either AP or Perrine to be the guy, and right now, I think AP is a better option to start the season.

I also think if we do running back by committee, AP will be less manageable, he wants to "be the guy" or at least the chance to be.

Obviously CT is the 3rd down back always while healthy.

jamf 08-27-2018 03:38 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1198782]Ok, my point is I don't want a running back by committee. I want either AP or Perrine to be the guy, and right now, I think AP is a better option to start the season.

I also think if we do running back by committee, AP will be less manageable, he wants to "be the guy" or at least the chance to be.

Obviously CT is the 3rd down back always while healthy.[/quote]

I agree with this.
We need our best players to play.
I don't want to see anyone on a pitch count.

We need to win game.

sdskinsfan2001 08-27-2018 03:42 PM

If he can remain effective over 16 games getting the ball 25-30 times a game, I'm all for it, but I don't see that happening considering his age and running style.

Schneed10 08-27-2018 04:23 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1198787]If he can remain effective over 16 games getting the ball 25-30 times a game, I'm all for it, but I don't see that happening considering his age and running style.[/quote]

Gruden won’t give it to anybody 25-30 times so no worries there.

sdskinsfan2001 08-27-2018 04:35 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1198793]Gruden won’t give it to anybody 25-30 times so no worries there.[/quote]

Yeah I'm most likely living in a unicorns and rainbows world even thinking 20 carries is a possibility. Let alone 25+.

A man can dream tho lol.

Chico23231 08-27-2018 05:04 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1198793]Gruden won’t give it to anybody 25-30 times so no worries there.[/quote]

Preach

We could have fuckin Gurley back there and we are still throwing 3 yard passes to Vernon fuckin Davis

FrenchSkin 08-27-2018 05:10 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1198795]Preach

We could have fuckin Gurley back there and [B]we are still throwing 3 yard passes to Vernon fuckin Davis[/B][/quote]

That's when we need 4 yards. If we need 3, Vernon gives us 2.

CRedskinsRule 08-27-2018 06:14 PM

Gibbs learned, once he saw Riggo run. I believe Gruden just has never had a ball carrier that convinced him he could go 25+ and be that guy.

We certainly haven't had one even close to it on any of these teams. Maybe AP opens Gruden's eyes and paves the way for Guice.

SkinzWin 08-27-2018 10:38 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1198798]Gibbs learned, once he saw Riggo run. I believe Gruden just has never had a ball carrier that convinced him he could go 25+ and be that guy.

We certainly haven't had one even close to it on any of these teams. Maybe AP opens Gruden's eyes and paves the way for Guice.[/quote]

My view on this is blah, blah, blah, super troopers, blah, blah, rainbow sherbet, blah blah.

MTK 08-28-2018 09:29 AM

The strength of the offense is still going to be the passing game. I know some people will scoff but the league rules are set up to benefit the pass, and Gruden knows how to design and run a quality passing game and get the most out of his QBs. Peterson can definitely be a nice piece but if anyone is yearning for the days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust it's not happening.

sdskinsfan2001 08-28-2018 10:30 AM

[quote=MTK;1198819]The strength of the offense is still going to be the passing game. I know some people will scoff but the league rules are set up to benefit the pass, and Gruden knows how to design and run a quality passing game and get the most out of his QBs. Peterson can definitely be a nice piece but if anyone is yearning for the days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust it's not happening.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not worried about the passing game. Alex and Gruden have already shown they'll produce there. But I really do hope that as a team we average 20+ carries a game.

I want 4.3 yards, a cloud of beautifully setup playaction passes, and some deep passes raining down to Doctson/Richardson.

skinsfaninok 08-28-2018 01:33 PM

[quote=MTK;1198819]The strength of the offense is still going to be the passing game. I know some people will scoff but the league rules are set up to benefit the pass, and Gruden knows how to design and run a quality passing game and get the most out of his QBs. Peterson can definitely be a nice piece but if anyone is yearning for the days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust it's not happening.[/quote]

Crowder and the TE's will see most of the action in the pass game, Smith loves the MOF. Doc will probably lead the team in TD's but not close in catches.