Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64353)

MTK 04-12-2019 04:20 PM

Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

The NFL announced that [URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/washingtonredskins/profile?team=WAS"][COLOR=#0066cc]Washington Redskins[/COLOR][/URL] linebacker [URL="http://www.nfl.com/player/reubenfoster/2557837/profile"][COLOR=#0066cc]Reuben Foster[/COLOR][/URL] will be fined two game checks -- but will face no suspension -- from an incident that led to an [URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000991693/article/niners-releasing-foster-after-arrest-on-domestic-violence-charge"][COLOR=#0066cc]arrest[/COLOR][/URL] in Tampa, Florida, on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic violence battery in November of last year. The charge against Foster [URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001007305/article/reuben-foster-domestic-violence-charge-dropped"][COLOR=#0066cc]was dropped[/COLOR][/URL] in January.

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026289/article/reuben-foster-to-be-fined-but-not-suspend-by-nfl"]Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL[/URL]

GridIron26 04-12-2019 04:46 PM

Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Great news, one less thing for Redskins to worry about..

Chico23231 04-12-2019 05:39 PM

Nice! Fuck the haters!

los panda 04-12-2019 05:51 PM

He's my starting MLB on Madden in the year 2022, 99 OVR I believe. Make it happen, Reubs.

Side note: I love Reuben sandwiches, especially from Ledo's. I would frequently order them to go and always use the name Reuben for my order.

VTSkins1961 04-12-2019 05:51 PM

excellent

sdskinsfan2001 04-12-2019 05:55 PM

Dare I say...Job well done Bruce!

That feels weird.

HTTR!

FrenchSkin 04-12-2019 06:39 PM

Big offseason big news, now the move starts looking like a veryyyy good one !

Chico23231 04-12-2019 07:27 PM

so glad Witten came out of retirement. Time for Foster to put him out the game permanently.

Defensewins 04-12-2019 08:03 PM

Great news for the team and us fans. But I hope Rueben can get the help he needs to control his emotions and avoid repeating this rather disturbing behavior. Hopefully he turns his life around and stops hanging with the hood rats. His potential is through the roof. Don’t waste it.

los panda 04-12-2019 08:06 PM

[quote=Defensewins;1221350]Great news for the team and us fans. But I hope Rueben can get the help he needs to control his emotions and avoid repeating this rather disturbing behavior. Hopefully he turns his life around and stops hanging with the hood rats. His potential is through the roof. Don’t waste it.[/quote]

Maybe Galette can whip him into shape with his belt.

SFREDSKIN 04-12-2019 08:13 PM

Having seen him play here, Redskins fans will love his play. Only concerns are the injury bug and his old GF.

sdskinsfan2001 04-12-2019 08:45 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1221352]Having seen him play here, Redskins fans will love his play. Only concerns are the injury bug and his old GF.[/quote]

Let's see if we can unite the parties in DC and pass a law that says she's not allowed in the DMV area.

skinsfan69 04-12-2019 09:26 PM

Foster appears to be nothing but trouble and is obviously stupid. How hard is it to stay out of trouble and not beat women? We can't count on this dumb ass clown. The day before a game he'll be doing some dumb shit like he did w/ the 49ers. ILB would be on my list to look at for the draft. You can not trot Mason Foster back out there. The guy runs like a 6.0 in the 40. Dion Hamilton was not all that impressive either.

sdskinsfan2001 04-12-2019 09:29 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1221354]Foster appears to be nothing but trouble and is obviously stupid. How hard is it to stay out of trouble and not beat women? We can't count on this dumb ass clown. The day before a game he'll be doing some dumb shit like he did w/ the 49ers. ILB would be on my list to look at for the draft. You can not trot Mason Foster back out there. The guy runs like a 6.0 in the 40. Dion Hamilton was not all that impressive either.[/quote]

I agree on the ILB part, I'd definitely spend a pick this draft on another ILB.

Giantone 04-12-2019 09:30 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1221349]so glad Witten came out of retirement. Time for Foster to put him out the game permanently.[/quote]

No call for that Chico.:nono:

MTK 04-12-2019 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=los panda;1221351]Maybe Galette can whip him into shape with his belt.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe AP with a switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chico23231 04-12-2019 09:38 PM

[quote=Giantone;1221357]No call for that Chico.:nono:[/quote]

Yup this is gonna be lavar and Aikman all over again.

Foster was vindicated, nothing burger, just like your boy. Witten on the other hand made some bullshit speech on national tv...this is the chickens coming home to roost. I hope Foster snaps his neck coming across the middle.

I can’t say this any louder, fuck Witten.

MTK 04-12-2019 09:54 PM

Fuck Witten and his fake ass hair. He went back to football as a way to weasel his way out of the total embarrassment he was in the booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFREDSKIN 04-12-2019 10:17 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1221356]I agree on the ILB part, I'd definitely spend a pick this draft on another ILB.[/quote]

Move Anderson to ILB.

DYoungJelly 04-12-2019 10:21 PM

With a top shelf edge player at 15, our D has real potential to be able to carry this team.

From potential to reality is a huge leap, but who better to get us there than...

Oh yea, Ryan was painting ships before he was hired.

Greedy or edge at 15. We could be a dark horse in the division Jacksonville 2017 style.

(I'd also be fine with Lock or Hockenson at 15, but think edge would have the biggest quickest impact because it's a premium position.)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

los panda 04-13-2019 12:25 AM

[quote=MTK;1221358]Or maybe AP with a switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

lol AP "Go outside and pick your own switch!"

Giantone 04-13-2019 06:51 AM

[quote=MTK;1221360]Fuck Witten and his fake ass hair. He went back to football as a way to weasel his way out of the total embarrassment he was in the booth.

Now this I have no disagreement with but hoping/ wishing he gets hurt is chicken shit.

Chico23231 04-13-2019 07:48 AM

[quote=Giantone;1221366]Now this I have no disagreement with but hoping/ wishing he gets hurt is chicken shit.[/quote]

Witten hypocrisy to grandstand against the entire organization on MNF while throwing support for Greg hardy before is chickenshit.

I hope he knocks that mutherfucker out

skinsfan69 04-13-2019 08:25 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1221361]Move Anderson to ILB.[/quote]

We need a guy in there that is fast, make plays and can cover. Anderson is non of the above.

Chico23231 04-13-2019 10:34 AM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1221362]With a top shelf edge player at 15, our D has real potential to be able to carry this team.

From potential to reality is a huge leap, but who better to get us there than...

Greedy or edge at 15. We could be a dark horse in the division Jacksonville 2017 style.

(I'd also be fine with Lock or Hockenson at 15, but think edge would have the biggest quickest impact because it's a premium position.)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/quote]

I think Hockenson or Sweat...or trade back 4-6 spots for Burns, Ferrell or one of the top Guards.

Buffalo Bob 04-13-2019 10:37 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1221354]Foster appears to be nothing but trouble and is obviously stupid. How hard is it to stay out of trouble and not beat women? We can't count on this dumb ass clown. The day before a game he'll be doing some dumb shit like he did w/ the 49ers. ILB would be on my list to look at for the draft. You can not trot Mason Foster back out there. The guy runs like a 6.0 in the 40. Dion Hamilton was not all that impressive either.[/quote]

Have to agree, if he is innocent of domestic violence why would he continue to hang around with a women who supposedly made up lies that got his ass thrown in jail?

Defensewins 04-13-2019 01:11 PM

I agree except the Dion Hamilton part. Dion was a 6th round pick Rookie who was coming back from an ACL. I am not saying he is the second coming of Dick Butkus, but he might turn out to be ok. He just needed time to develop.

los panda 04-13-2019 02:02 PM

[quote=MTK;1221360]Fuck Witten and his fake ass hair. He went back to football as a way to weasel his way out of the total embarrassment he was in the booth.

He's a saucy lil meatball, alright.

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/7h61YfPS/witten-bbq-talk.gif[/IMG]

SkinzWin 04-13-2019 02:16 PM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1221362]With a top shelf edge player at 15, our D has real potential to be able to carry this team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/quote]

I think it’s going to be a tough road to hoe if our QB situation turns out to look like Blake Bortles. What a miserable failure.

REDSKINS4ever 04-13-2019 02:58 PM

Beautiful news.....now all Foster has to do is realize that the woman who gets him into trouble is a large liability.....be needs to get her out of his life and then move forward.....

DYoungJelly 04-13-2019 03:08 PM

[QUOTE=SkinzWin;1221377]I think it’s going to be a tough road to hoe if our QB situation turns out to look like Blake Bortles. What a miserable failure.[/QUOTE]Not the point.

It's easier to build a great D than have a great QB.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FrenchSkin 04-13-2019 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=Defensewins;1221375]I agree except the Dion Hamilton part. Dion was a 6th round pick Rookie who was coming back from an ACL. I am not saying he is the second coming of Dick Butkus, but he might turn out to be ok. He just needed time to develop.[/QUOTE]Agreed.
I was down on him early but he's shown signs of improvements later in the year.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

skinsfan69 04-13-2019 04:11 PM

[quote=Buffalo Bob;1221373]Have to agree, if he is innocent of domestic violence why would he continue to hang around with a women who supposedly made up lies that got his ass thrown in jail?[/quote]

This is what I mean, dumb guy who simply can't be counted on. You go to the combine and get in a fight with a hospital worker? Then fail the drug test when you already know you're getting tested?? Then you fail another one after being drafted??? Then all the shit w/ the girl.. smh.

Chico23231 04-13-2019 04:37 PM

[quote=Defensewins;1221375]I agree except the Dion Hamilton part. Dion was a 6th round pick Rookie who was coming back from an ACL. I am not saying he is the second coming of Dick Butkus, but he might turn out to be ok. He just needed time to develop.[/quote]

With the Foster news...ILB seems to be solidified with a nice mix of depth with vets and developing talent. Hamilton and Harvey-Clemons...

Depending on how the draft goes...if we could get a decent TE prospect we still could cut Mason Foster, Vernon Davis and extend Brandon....Edge Ezekiel Ansah is still out there waiting for that one year prove it deal. I’d consider it...he could be a bargain.

Defensewins 04-13-2019 06:58 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1221383]With the Foster news...ILB seems to be solidified with a nice mix of depth with vets and developing talent. Hamilton and Harvey-Clemons...

Depending on how the draft goes...if we could get a decent TE prospect we still could cut Mason Foster, Vernon Davis and extend Brandon....Edge Ezekiel Ansah is still out there waiting for that one year prove it deal. I’d consider it...he could be a bargain.[/quote]

Agreed, but the Most pressing roster move is Jordan Reed and his $9.7 million dollar cap hit. Either he is restructured or cut. The guy is a huge liability in the running game because he cannot block, because he is fragile, which makes him not an every down TE. At $9.7M and not being a every down TE Something needs to be done. It is not 2015 anymore and Reed has proven he cannot stay healthy or have a 1000 yard season.

Buffalo Bob 04-13-2019 07:11 PM

[quote=Defensewins;1221385]Agreed, but the Most pressing roster move is Jordan Reed and his $9.7 million dollar cap hit. Either he is restructured or cut. The guy is a huge liability in the running game because he cannot block, because he is fragile, which makes him not an every down TE. At $9.7M and not being a every down TE Something needs to be done. It is not 2015 anymore and Reed has proven he cannot stay healthy or have a 1000 yard season.[/quote]

Reed is either out or too banged up to be effective an average of half the games a year, and as you said he cannot block. That makes him hugely over paid.

Chico23231 04-13-2019 07:48 PM

Yeah I wouldn’t cut Reed now...but Vernon Davis I certainly would if we draft a TE

Randall Nestor 04-13-2019 08:29 PM

If I were the skins I would trade back a few spots to pick up an extra pick or two. We need as many young, fast studs as possible. I just don't we are as stacked at RB as some people seem to think we are. Other that Guice, we have an old peterson and thompson seems to be hurt a lot. I wouldn't mind another stud RB just in case of more injuries.

Defensewins 04-13-2019 10:51 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1221387]Yeah I wouldn’t cut Reed now...but Vernon Davis I certainly would if we draft a TE[/quote]

Why not cut Reed?
Will there be some miracle that Reed will suddenly play more than he misses? As players get older they become more likely to get hurt, not less.Have you ever looked at Reed’s NFL career stats? Pretty underwhelming.

Chico23231 04-14-2019 12:16 AM

[quote=Defensewins;1221390]Why not cut Reed?
Will there be some miracle that Reed will suddenly play more than he misses? As players get older they become more likely to get hurt, not less.Have you ever looked at Reed’s NFL career stats? Pretty underwhelming.[/quote]

I wouldn’t keep Vernon Davis over Reed in any scenario.