Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL week 1 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=44020)

Monkeydad 09-14-2011 12:04 PM

Re: Around the NFL week 1

[quote=skinsfan69;835515]Typical JC performance. 13 completions for 105 yards.[/quote]

Don't down JC for that stat line, he played well...but with McFadden running wild, no QB would need to throw much.

You forgot to mention Campbell's TWO touchdowns in his team's WIN.

JoeRedskin 09-14-2011 01:09 PM

Okay, most of you know my views when it comes to religion, etc., but this just made me laugh. Randall Cobb explaining why he decided to return the ball out of the endzone in last Thursday's game:

[quote]"I just got lost in the moment there," Cobb said. "I just trusted in God. He told me to bring it out. I'm not supposed to bring that out at all. I'm not. Some things are illogical, and some things are the power of God. That definitely was the power of God telling me to bring it out. And he gave me great teammates to help block downfield."[/quote]

[url=http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/30908/randall-cobb-announces-his-presence]Randall Cobb announces his presence - NFC North Blog - ESPN[/url]

God apparently had a $50 bucks on Green Bay and wanted to make sure they covered the spread.

Lotus 09-14-2011 01:24 PM

^ Apparently God has nothing better to do than to coach Cobb on kickoff returns. That's just how important Cobb is. Instead of creating peace or eliminating hunger, God is guiding kickoff returns.

CrustyRedskin 09-14-2011 01:25 PM

[quote=Lotus;835736]^ Apparently God has nothing better to do than to coach Cobb on kickoff returns. That's just how important Cobb is. Instead of creating peace or eliminating hunger, God is guiding kickoff returns.[/quote]

Lmao!! Yep ive always thought the same way !!!

NC_Skins 09-14-2011 01:28 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;835726]Okay, most of you know my views when it comes to religion, etc., but this just made me laugh. Randall Cobb explaining why he decided to return the ball out of the endzone in last Thursday's game:

[url=http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/30908/randall-cobb-announces-his-presence]Randall Cobb announces his presence - NFC North Blog - ESPN[/url]

God apparently had a $50 bucks on Green Bay and wanted to make sure they covered the spread.[/quote]

What would he have said about God had he fumbled the ball and they ran it back for TD?

MTK 09-14-2011 02:17 PM

[quote=Lotus;835736]^ Apparently God has nothing better to do than to coach Cobb on kickoff returns. That's just how important Cobb is. Instead of creating peace or eliminating hunger, God is guiding kickoff returns.[/quote]

Ridiculous.

Needless to say.

GTripp0012 09-14-2011 03:26 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;835692]Don't down JC for that stat line, he played well...but with McFadden running wild, no QB would need to throw much.

You forgot to mention Campbell's TWO touchdowns in his team's WIN.[/quote]Saunders/Jackson/Oakland clearly were not interested in dropping Campbell back in the pocket and throwing on long yardage downs. Whether you all believe that is because they didn't trust Campbell or didn't trust his OL probably goes back to your opinion of his time here. The gameplan worked, I guess: Campbell was sacked just once all game.

I'll say this: the stick route to Heyward-Bey on the final drive was one of the better anticipation throws Campbell has made in his career, and probably was one play (the Orton fumble aside) that was the difference between winning and losing.

Monkeydad 09-14-2011 03:36 PM

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82233062/article/patriots-center-koppen-to-undergo-surgery-on-broken-left-ankle?module=HP11_headline_stack]NFL.com news: Patriots center Koppen to undergo surgery on broken left ankle[/url]

53Fan 09-14-2011 03:55 PM

JC can't win even when he does. :sleep:

MTK 09-14-2011 03:59 PM

[quote=53Fan;835825]JC can't win even when he does. :sleep:[/quote]

lol nope, and apparently people can't stop talking about a guy that hasn't taken a snap here since the 2009 season.

mooby 09-14-2011 04:10 PM

[quote=Mattyk;835828]lol nope, and apparently people can't stop talking about a guy that hasn't taken a snap here since the 2009 season.[/quote]

Well to be fair this is the "Around the NFL" thread, and JC would qualify to be in this discussion since he plays for the Raiders. Come on Matty, you know we're always going to talk about him. Because he was such a polarizing Redskin in his time here, now that he's gone everybody, including myself, is going to keep watching and keep talking about him so we can reassure ourselves that he was never going to work out here.

Of course us Skins fans are going to keep tabs on him, because that's what we do. It's not just him I keep tabs on, I like to see how pretty much all the other ex-Redskins do across the league just because. I'm sure it's the same with other teams fans too, Eagles fans were probably checking McNabb's stats and talking about him after every game he played with us last year, and by the time he crashed and burned his way to a backup spot I'm sure they were all talking about how great it was to a get a 2nd and 4th round pick for a washed up has-been. It's the nature of the business. As fans we all want vindication for the moves our team makes. We're not going to stop keeping an eye on JC until he retires, or becomes a backup. As long as he's starting qb for the Raiders we're still gonna be watching him out of the corner of our eyes.

MTK 09-14-2011 04:14 PM

I keep tabs on him too, and I root for him to do well. I don't see the need to keep trashing the guy. Just seems like some people have something personal against the guy, I don't get it.

mooby 09-14-2011 04:20 PM

[quote=Mattyk;835832]I keep tabs on him too, and I root for him to do well. [B]I don't see the need to keep trashing the guy[/B]. Just seems like some people have something personal against the guy, I don't get it.[/quote]

Oh, I suppose I should let someone who's been trashing the guy to defend this point because I don't have anything against him either :D. It didn't work out, I've moved on, and hopefully when we get our long term qb in place everybody else will move on as well. I'm rooting for him with the Raiders as well, he's not a bad guy and he could probably do ok in a system that doesn't ask him to do too much, which judging by the way he played Monday night is what the Raiders are asking of him.

polywog 09-14-2011 04:30 PM

I like JC, both as a person and a player. My problem with him, however is that JC cannot throw the ball to a 'spot.' The great QB's can - JC has to throw the ball to an open player.

Not saying that JC isn't a smart guy, just that, like most people, he has his limitations.

He will never be elite. That being said, I wish him well - he is very easy to root for....even as a Raider.