Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   #26 Landon Collins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64899)

REDSKINS4ever 10-20-2021 04:57 PM

#26 Landon Collins

What are the chances he hasn't fully recovered from his Achilles damage from 2020 and that's the reason for why he's played so poorly ?

mooby 10-20-2021 05:09 PM

Re: #26 Landon Collins

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;1296681]What are the chances he hasn't fully recovered from his Achilles damage from 2020 and that's the reason for why he's played so poorly ?[/quote]

Some say he's never recovered from some rando injury from his time in a Giants uni - and that's why he's never been good in our uniform.

Personally, I just appreciate someone in this franchise having the smarts to tell him no when he asked for Sean Taylor's number. It would be one more shit stain on ST's legacy at this point.

punch it in 10-20-2021 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=REDSKINS4ever;1296681]What are the chances he hasn't fully recovered from his Achilles damage from 2020 and that's the reason for why he's played so poorly ?[/QUOTE]

He was playing poorly before that though. Also I am against Landon Collins having his own thread. Might as well give Albert Haynesworth one too. Lol.

skinsfan69 10-20-2021 06:46 PM

Collins does not deserve his own thread.

punch it in 10-20-2021 07:59 PM

Or at least call it the “WTF happened to this overpriced POS Landon Collins he sucks to high heaven thread. “
This seems like a tribute.

FrenchSkin 10-20-2021 08:26 PM

Oh I think he more than deserves his own thread. But I wouldn't call it a thread. To me it's more like a petition to have him cut by the end of the day.

SFREDSKIN 10-20-2021 10:11 PM

Let me complete the sentence, “Sucks and is stealing money”.

mooby 10-21-2021 04:13 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1296706]Let me complete the sentence, “Sucks and is stealing money”.[/quote]

I do find it hilarious Ron has to soothe his ego by not calling him a linebacker directly in the media.

"He's a great player, we want him to play downhill, closer to the LOS, that's where he makes plays - but he wants to be a safety so we'll call him a safety"

EdmundDorf 10-21-2021 08:17 AM

[quote=mooby;1296714]I do find it hilarious Ron has to soothe his ego by not calling him a linebacker directly in the media.

"He's a great player, we want him to play downhill, closer to the LOS, that's where he makes plays - but he wants to be a safety so we'll call him a safety"[/quote]

There have been a few good suggestions above for Ron to use if Linebacker is too offensive for Collins fragile ego, he can still be a safety on the bench if he is that bothered

Defensewins 10-21-2021 08:30 AM

A defensive back that is bad at covering receivers.
That is like a lawnmower that sucks at cutting grass.
You get rid of it.

punch it in 10-21-2021 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=Defensewins;1296726]A defensive back that is bad at covering receivers.
That is like a lawnmower that sucks at cutting grass.
You get rid of it.[/QUOTE]

Seriously isn’t rocket science. LC playing safety week after week truly begs the question…….
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS STAFF THINKING?

MTK 10-21-2021 08:55 AM

The move to LB is already underway

[URL="https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/heres-why-washington-moved-landon-collins-closer-line-scrimmage"]Why Washington moved Collins closer to line of scrimmage[/URL]

But still, even at LB you have to cover sometimes

SunnySide 10-21-2021 10:09 AM

RR went to Collins in the offseason to get him to switch to LB, Collins said no. Im guessing RR didnt push it bc he didnt want to create locker room striff, alienate his vet ...

Hindsight, I think RR should have been more forceful. Everyone can see and agree what would have been best for the team is him taking LB snaps in TC and PS. Everyone except Collins.

Collins didnt put the team first. Thats a flag.

GridIron26 10-21-2021 10:42 AM

[quote=SunnySide;1296744]RR went to Collins in the offseason to get him to switch to LB, Collins said no. Im guessing RR didnt push it bc he didnt want to create locker room striff, alienate his vet ...

Hindsight, I think RR should have been more forceful. Everyone can see and agree what would have been best for the team is him taking LB snaps in TC and PS. Everyone except Collins.

[B]Collins didnt put the team first. Thats a flag.[/B][/quote]

That is the biggest issue for me.. I was willing to put up with Collins' weaknesses as it can be masked most of time with right defense plays, but once I learned that he refused to switch, I lost the respect for him as a WFT player.

SunnySide 10-21-2021 10:49 AM

Last season, seventh-round pick Kam Curl not only stepped in for Collins but outplayed him. Curl won fans with his instinctual play and blitzing prowess, and in March, a fan direct-messaged Collins on Instagram to ask if he’d move to linebacker. Collins replied, “Not happening my guy,” though a month later, Coach Ron Rivera said Collins had spoken for himself, not the team. Two weeks later, defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio told the team’s website he expected Collins to remain at strong safety.

“I was just laughing at it,” Collins said of the linebacker speculation. “I was drafted as a safety, and that's where I was going to be. If somebody was to come talk to me about it, we would talk about it. That's about it. If we have packages to put me into play [at linebacker], I'm always open to it. I'd rather have us all DBs on the field anyway. The more DBs, the more merrier.”

[url]https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/05/25/landon-collins-washington-recovery-linebacker/[/url]

This is from May 2021, only thing I can find re him saying he wont move.

I heard RR in PS interview say the team approached him about moving to LB and Collins said no so they didnt push it.

Just play him near the LOS, get whatever you can out of this bad situation, move on in the offseason.

Grid Iron -- yeah I think Ive lost respect for him as well. We will see if he stays a quiet team player like Josh Norman when he got phased out in his last season here. Keep him on the active roster so he accrues his NFL pension in return for him being quiet and not a distraction.