Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins trading out of the 4 spot? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35323)

skinsfaninok 02-23-2010 01:21 PM

Redskins trading out of the 4 spot?

Looks like all 4 teams are looking to make trades, It's going to be hard for the Rams to trade down from 1, but we can land Bradford or Clausen at 9 or 10. I'm all for it.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4938788]NFL's first four teams in draft have talked about trading pick, sources say - ESPN[/url]

CRedskinsRule 02-23-2010 01:25 PM

Re: Redskins trading out of the 4 spot?

It's the same nearly every year, the top spots always look to get out of it, because most teams near the top of the draft realize they need more than just one star college player, not to mention the salary impact. But due to the high cost of the first 5 picks, it is rarely seen for the top picks to be traded. At one point Goodell said the owners may implement a rookie cap this year with or without NFLPA backing. I hope they do, it would open up a lot of possibilities when it comes to trades.

DIE-NASTY 02-23-2010 01:25 PM

I don't know why Det. would want to move down. They already have a ton of picks after fleecing Dallas for Roy Williams. The only way I see us moving down is if McCoy or Suh somehow slip to us.

Redskins_P 02-23-2010 01:29 PM

I don't if any of you are listening to 980 AM (I can't at work) but supposedly Kevin Sheehan is reporting that he got an email from an unamed source in Redskins "management" saying the Redskins are working on a blockbuster trade that would include JC, Landry, and Moss.

Did anyone else hear this???? I'm trying to find a link or something that will give this some validity.

Anyways...take it for what its worth...Once I find something I'll post it.

skinsfaninok 02-23-2010 01:31 PM

I could see Campbell traded, LL has been discussed in trades since our season ended.. Moss's time here is up also, I've always like Santana but we are moving forward with Kelly and Thomas.

Redskins_P 02-23-2010 01:33 PM

Here's a direct quote from my buddy who heard the rumor on 980. Like I said...take it for what its worth....

[QUOTE]On my trip to Jerry’s Pizza today while listening to ESPN 980’s Sports Fix with Kevin Sheehan and the guy who sounds like an older version of high pitch Eric, they discussed the following as a result of an email to Kevin from an unnamed Redskins source that Kevin trusts due to previous accuracies:

The Bills are talking to the Skins about trading S Donte Whittner to the Skins for Jason Campbell and possibly another player or draft pick
The Broncos are seriously considering a trade with Washington that involves Brandon Marshall for Laron Landry and Santana Moss
They report that Shanny loves Colt Brennan, and have targeted Zach Robinson as a late round draft pick [/QUOTE]

skinsfaninok 02-23-2010 01:34 PM

Here's another link..

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/23/report-top-four-teams-have-discussed-trading-down/]Report: Top four teams have discussed trading down | ProFootballTalk.com[/url]

skinsfaninok 02-23-2010 01:36 PM

[quote=Redskins_P;665314]Here's a direct quote from my buddy who heard the rumor on 980. Like I said...take it for what its worth....[/quote]

Colt Brennan? Are you kidding me.. Zac Robinson is ok but I'd rather keep Campbell than drafting him. Sam Bradford is a no brainer for Shanny's offense.

Redskins_P 02-23-2010 01:45 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;665316]Colt Brennan? Are you kidding me.. Zac Robinson is ok but I'd rather keep Campbell than drafting him. Sam Bradford is a no brainer for Shanny's offense.[/quote]

Yeah....I'm not sure about Shanny being "in love" with Colt Brennan. Again...these are only internet/talk radio rumors...

DIE-NASTY 02-23-2010 01:45 PM

[quote=Redskins_P;665314]Here's a direct quote from my buddy who heard the rumor on 980. Like I said...take it for what its worth....[/quote]

I like the trade for Marshall. Horton can play SS and Moore could play FS or we could sign someone. I don't know about trading JC for Whitner. The draft pick would have to be a good one.

Sorry Colt Cult, Brennan isn't ready to lead our team. The guy is built like a jv QB. He'll snap playing behind our line.

Schneed10 02-23-2010 01:47 PM

Oh for God's sakes. I know you're just passing along what your buddy said, but those trade concepts just seem ridiculous.

Shanahan loves Colt Brennan?? I mean you lost me before that, but if you hadn't, that definitely did the trick!

Redskins_P 02-23-2010 01:50 PM

[quote=Schneed10;665323]Oh for God's sakes. I know you're just passing along what your buddy said, but those trade concepts just seem ridiculous.

Shanahan loves Colt Brennan?? I mean you lost me before that, but if you hadn't, that definitely did the trick![/quote]

LOL. This is all coming out of Kevin Sheehan's mouth. I never said I believed him nor am I supporting what he said. Just passing along some Skins rumors I heard.

I honestly don't see Shanny loving Colt Brennan either. If Colt is so great, then why aren't teams knocking on our door asking what it would cost to get him???

DIE-NASTY 02-23-2010 01:52 PM

[quote=Schneed10;665323]Oh for God's sakes. I know you're just passing along what your buddy said, but those trade concepts just seem ridiculous.

Shanahan loves Colt Brennan?? I mean you lost me before that, but if you hadn't, that definitely did the trick![/quote]

that's a good point. Brennan has no real body of work to look at that would lead Shannahan to feel comfortable with him leading our team.

MTK 02-23-2010 01:53 PM

Let the crazy rumors begin.

freddyg12 02-23-2010 02:00 PM

[quote=Mattyk;665328]Let the crazy rumors begin.[/quote]

amen, it's been too quiet w/out them!